You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Old Lady in the Mirror

Real Ghost Stories

Old Lady in the Mirror

 

Believe it or not this happened to me when I was 6 years old. This experience haunted me for almost most of my life up until probably 3 years ago. My sisters and my brother would spend a lot of time at my Aunt's apartment in East Stroudsburg when my mother would work. My aunt insisted that her apartment was haunted. Of course my mother never believed her.

My older sister was playing upstairs in my aunt's room, while I sat on the chair by the door at the foot of the steps. I got a flash... Or a vision you may say of what she saw at the instant she screamed. I saw what she saw in the mirror before she came running down the stairs screaming hysterically.

Momentarily she looked at me and I looked at her and calmly told her I already saw what she saw. There was an old lady, looked very much like our mother with grey hair, and looked very much like a witch. I know that doesn't sound like much, however she has haunted my dreams ever since, like I said until recently. I told her I wasn't afraid her anymore, and that she needed to leave me alone.

Do you ever have dreams that seem more real then a dream, or been haunted by things in your dreams. I have... trust me there is another one, I told to go away along time ago. I will write about him... Or shall I say it later.

Other hauntings by cliffandkris

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cliffandkris, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Eclipse2000 (1 stories) (68 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
Creepy!~!~! 😆 😭 😲 Your story is interesting and kind of short!

~~ Eclipse 2000
darkQueen (29 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
when I was little I had a dream about a man in the sky when I screamed with fear it sceamed back I might try to let it go ps I have other dreams about stuff like that so I will do the same thing 😊
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-29)
Hey cliffandkris, oh believe me, I know what you're talking about. I have seen things that haunted me for a long time and still haunt me to this day. It must have been scary to see some strange lady you don't know in the mirror, I know I would've been scared to death unless this person seemed nice and harmless. I believe that when or if you see the spirit of a deceased person, and he/she looks in peace and troubleless, that he/she is an angel sent down from God to watch over you. WEll, if you have God with you, he will take away your fears, take care.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-27)
This would be scary. It sure would definitely leave a lasting impression on you, especially since it has stuck with you all this time. Did it or anything like it happen again? Did your Mom finally believe the place was haunted?
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-26)
I am glad you have fixed it! You need to pray to God and our Savoir for great souls to huant you in your dreams. Thank you for the story.
Blessings to everyone,
Mikomi

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: