You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Sir Rudolph

Real Ghost Stories

My Sir Rudolph

 

When I turned 12, I was very depressed about everything. So many deaths had occurred, and so many insults had been thrown at me. I wanted to die.

As the seasons shifted from summer to winter, my depression shifted to being slightly sad, to locking myself in my room, never talking to anyone. Literally. But then he came along.

I was minding my own business when my books were thrown off the table. I jumped up quickly and moved away. After a moment I slowly began picking everything back up. After that, I put my things away and for the rest of the week I didn't set anything down on the table.

The next week, I had arrived home from school and sat down. Taking my shoes off and turned on the TV. I was watching my program when the TV started fuzzing (the only way it can is if you press a button on the set. I wasn't near it). I was sorta irritated, and jumped up. I started to fix the TV when I got really chilly. There was a boy. He looked creepy in a way, he had black hair, and pale skin. He had a long scar running down his arm. I stared at him then asked him his name. He told me it was Rudolph.

After that day I began to hate myself even more, thinking I was a freak of nature because no one would believe me. I thought he was evil! Until one night I freaked out and tried hurting myself. He didn't know I did things like this. When he came into the bathroom, because he knew something was wrong, he was so mad. I was bleeding a lot and crying. He called me stupid and made me get rid of the razor I had used. He began to help me bandage my arm and had told me how he had killed himself. And that mark on his arm was from it. It was a scar.

I felt horrible, I had taken everything for granted when nothing was wrong with my life. He made me notice it. He made me realize how DUMB I was acting and how precious I was to him, my family, and my friends. He told me I was beautiful but stupid. And I agreed.

I didn't trust him or anyone before all this. But then, once I realized how he had literally saved me, I was overwhelmed with feelings. I couldn't believe HE, someone so, well. Not your typical Guardian angel, WOULD HELP ME. Why? Why would he do this?

He told me he missed being alive. I should take my life seriously. The way I was acting was stupid.

After that day, I had gained my life back. I began to eat more. Talk more. Even smile more! He made me so happy. He saved me. If it weren't for Rudolph, I probably wouldn't be here right now, enjoying my life to the fullest.

I don't know where he is today, but all I can say is, he means so much to me... Never judge a book by it's cover.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lindsey_something_a_name, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lindsey_something_a_name (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-22)
I still yet grasp to understand if some one, can do the same thing as you can, why do they judge you and tell you that this didn't happen etc.

Maybe it's because they lie... And think you're lying like they do...hmmm.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-09)
sacul, I've always maintained truth is in the eye of the beholder. Each individual has to make sense of their own experience based on what fits with their world-view. So many experiences simply aren't capable of objective proof, and in these cases I say what the experiencer believes to be true is true for them, period. Objective proof is not necessary - it's a question of faith. That's why I don't like to dwell on proof too much, although it is important to rule out natural explanations for the phenomena we discuss on here and also very important for people to pursue medical help in cases of sleep disturbances and physical injuries, regardless of whether there may be something paranormal at work.
sacul (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-07)
Isdanhu,

Thank you for that link to third man info! That's pretty incredible but makes sense out of many situations. "...suggests the brain somehow rallies, creates a companion, and give the perfect way out of the situation. It is all chemicals and pathways. And then there are those that believe Third Man episodes are indeed what they appear to be, supernatural or mystical encounters."

Kudos!

~S
sacul (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-07)
I'm sorry you felt so dismal but glad you are getting back on your feet. I've been there as well (sure wish Rudolph was around!). It's second to the worst pain I've ever felt- especially seeing the affect it has on one's family when you finally opt out. The docs say "keep taking your medication, here's some more- you'll feel better" but it just gets worse and worse until you give up and swallow all six bottles at once. I'm very lucky to be alive today, and no longer ashamed of the past. You don't have to die to realize you want to live, and your story reminds us of that. Did you see him after that day?

Kristy-lee/whomever: What medications did/do you find helpful? Which do you dislike the most? I found effexor to be *horrible*, and Pristique somewhat helpful and less invasive than the rest. Someone suggested meditation here. I think that is the best medicine but I never tried to utilize it, considering simple tasks like showering are monumental at that point...

Thanks for the post:)
PsychoNinjaLette23 (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-04)
Did you say astral body?! Hmmm... Has happened to me only a few times. I was born and able to sense spirits as a kid and I had my own growing up, Sorry I only said it sounded far fetched I have only seen him in a dark shape, like I could only see the outline of his body... That's what I meant by "haunted Life" so... Yeah~
~PsychoNinjaLette23~ 😐 😐 😐
PsychoNinjaLette23 (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-04)
Hmmm... I see your point and all but, I see stories from teens that are... I don't know, far fetched but then, I guess... But not most people can see ghosts unless its a pretty powerful one if you know what I mean* Most spirits are seen as an orb, mist or black shapes, so its lucky for someone to see it in full form, I heard you could be able to see a spirit in full form, but only in someones dreams... So, I guess that's rare and lucky to see something like that, but keep in mind I just have my own opinions but thanks for the feed back, and I don't feel like being corrected but thank you, I know what I am talking about I have had a haunted life so to speak, I'm going to end up posting my own stories, but I'm kind of busy, so... Thanks!
~PsychoNinjaLette23~
Kazaka (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-04)
[at] Lindsey_Something_a_name
Alright. ^_^ Than my advice for you is learn to Astral Project, which you need to learn how to meditate first and learning to lucid dream is recomended. After you've done that call your Spirit Guide, this can be done just by shouting, "Spirit Guide, I need your help!" Then ask him/her/it how to contact Sir Rudolph [he/she/it will auto' know what you're talking about].

Or the easier method! Find a shaman/spiritualist and hav them perform a ritual on you which will allow you to meet your Spirit Guide.
Then ask the entity how to contact Sir Rudolph.

Or, the third option, hav someone else find Sir Rudolph for you and see what's up.
Lindsey_something_a_name (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-01)
[at] Nightarron: Of course, happens a lot ^^

[at] Boo: Brings back memories huh? Good or bad, thank you ^^

[at] Kazaka: yes I know these thigs:D Lol. I have talked to him and tried interacting with him months ago, but every time I try he dosn't seem to be in the mood for talking (I've tried 3 times. He usually isn't at my house etc.) Also thank you for sticking up for me, rudolph and this story with the physco ninja. Haha.

[at] Darkness: thank you for the comment. Haha, he did really change my life.

[at] PhyscoNinjalette: No. I don't really think my story is far fetched. I was there... I know what happened, if you read previous comment to a person, I was saying how he didn't bandage my arm, or anything. He told me WHAT to do. Exactly HOW to do it. Besides the mix up of him actually physically bandaging it (he told me how), I don't understand what you mean.

[at] Isandhu: thank you. I will make sure and try to find that certain book.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-01)
Lindsey, as zzsgranny has already pointed out, you don't have to sign up for anything to read the stories on the link I provided. I also highly recommend Geiger's book, which you can probably borrow at your local library for free.
Kazaka (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-01)
[at] PsychoNinjaLette23
"Hhhmmm... Interesting story, but a little bit of this sounds mmm... Far fetched don't you think?"
What she experienced is VERY real both to them and her and her ghost, Rudolph!
It is not "far-fetched" as you say but it actually does happen. No, it is not common or uncommon, it is rare. But ghost encounters ARE common while helping ghosts normally don't come about, thus rare.

Rudolh obviously wants her to move on with her, probably, short life but even if he can't move on at least he helped someone while being dead.

Note: I can both talk to and interact with ghosts who're willing moreso than most people, even show them my A.B., astral body.
PsychoNinjaLette23 (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-01)
Hhhmmm... Interesting story, but a little bit of this sounds mmm... Far fetched don't you think? 😐 πŸ˜† 😐
~PsychoNinjaLette23~'
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-01)
I am glad that your outlook on life has changed and you are embracing what is has to offer you. I like the thought of it being a Guardian Angel and it choosing to present itself in a form that would affect you so.
I hope you have taken in some of the great feedback that has been provided here for you. All the best. 😊

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Kazaka (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-31)
I hav read your story.
Since you're obviously thankful to Sir Rudolph I believe you should help him move on.

Ghosts, such as Sir Rudolph, are simply made up of an etheric field and are on the etheric plane. I do not care if you believe me, just listen.

The etheric field holds the spiritual blueprint, so to speak, of our physical bodies and anything our physical bodies can do, or hav done to them, can be done to ghosts, except dying.

With that being said I think you should learn to contact Rudolph, if you havn't already, to see if you can help him move on.
Meditation and prayer both work to contact ghosts but so does a medium.

Hint: Allowing him to feel as if he is alive should work. 😁
Boo1234 (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-30)
Oh my! How strange, that's what happened to me when I turned 12 a lot of important people in my life got ill or and died. That story was very touching! Anyway bless you:)
Nightarron (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-30)
ahhhh so sweet, really a good story:D I'm glad to see such things as people who have been changed for the better by ghosts 😁
Lindsey_something_a_name (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-29)
Of course not! Lol. Spirits are just like you, me, and everyone else. There can be some with bad intent, and then there can be others that just reak of love. Either way you don't know what you'll ever get! That's why you need to (when speaking with a spirit) show complete respect and honor 😊 thank you for the comment.
navy123 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-29)
how very very sweet, such a wonderful story, thank you for sharing this! Makes me think not all ghosts are bad 😁
ngute80 (220 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-27)
Thank you for sharing your story and I'm very grateful that you are happier and healthier now. Like some other posters said... Wether this story is completely true or not doesn't matter (in this situation anyway). What is important is something happened in your life to wake you up and most likely saved your life.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-07-26)
Lindsey: You can still read the threads without signing up 😊...

Isandhu: Great link!...
Lindsey_something_a_name (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-26)
Isandhu, what exactly is that Forum about?:) I'd like to knowbefore I sign up or anything please
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-26)
Given your clarification that this person told you what to do to help yourself, I wonder if this wasn't an instance of the third man phenomenon. I recommend you check out the following website, where people post encounters with another being who has helped them in a time of great crisis. Sometimes the experience results in a kind of spiritual awakening. Other times, people are just grateful and never forget the unusual help they received: http://thirdmanfactor.igloocommunities.com/forums
Lindsey_something_a_name (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-26)
I've seen one episode. The lady was having babies? I really didn't know what was going one x) But it seems... A tad bit strange. Lol, but I might check it out now. Thanks for the comment.
Emily-d-Strange (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-26)
Did anyone of you watch American Horror Story the drama series?
For me your story kind of familiar/ sounded like the Drama.
About this teenage girl trying to kill herself by swallowing pills and the boy "who's a ghost" tried to safe her?
Anyway, its a thought.
If it's true. You are lucky to have a "guardian angel".

Cheers,
Strange 😊
Lindsey_something_a_name (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-25)
[at] Kristy-Lee, I understand, there is no need to apologize. My story is quite un-real sounding in all honesty, even coming from me who expirenced it.
I'm sorry for what you had to go through, I've also had a very close friend be sucked into death from suicide about 2 years back.
I respect your comments. It's nice to know what some one else thinks about things once in a few moons:)
I hope you get better love, thanks for commenting.

And to everyone else, thank you very much, for enjoying my story.:)
I gladly thank all that is satisfied with me being healthy, and my dear Rudolph being there for me when I needed some one most.

Blessed Be~ Lindsey
kristy-lee1985 (4 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-25)
do appolagise, have been down this road myself (suicide ans currently being medicated for depression and anxiety) so it is a touchy subject, also lost some one dear to me through suicide just last year, the further explanation makes sense linsday, sorry if I offended you, I was suicidal when I was a teen as well and must admit that I managed to hid it from my family for a little while, when they did take me to the dr they were told "its just puberty, it will pass" I'm now on heavy medication to control it and the suicidal thougts are... Still there but no where near as often. Sorry again to all my comment offended
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-24)
Lindsey,
I hope the feedback you have gotten will allow you to continue on your path of healing.

God Bless,
Lou
tuttseysboy07 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-23)
hi I am new to this site, I have been on here reading your story and think it is very touching in how you felt and the way the child spirit came to help you in your time of need. Sometimes it mystifies me how spirits who have passed away come to help a living stranger, it was then I thought how many spirits are actually watching over us but not got the energy to materialize to come to our aid, and most spirits we hear about are either bad or not been able to find their way to the after life. What got me thinking though was what if the child had to do something good to not only to put you back on the right road to recovery but also for him to move on
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-23)
[at] kristy-lee...sorry but I could just not let this one pass. Often times, parents are the last ones to know if their child is going through depression and feelings of isolation. Yes, there are signs but sometimes teens are smart enough to cover up the signs in front of their parents. No matter how this story was told, and if it were or not embelished... This was a period of hopelessness in this authors life. Let's be a little sympathetic towards the author. I, for one, have felt like this as a teen and I bet many people have. I do remember how it felt to be all alone in this world.

To Lindsey and others alike... Remember you really are never alone. Talk to anyone if you have feelings such as this. There are many people willing to listen and help.

Zeta.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-23)
Hi Lindsey:

I am so happy for you as to the way things turned out. I think so many people, especially teens, go through periods of depression and isolation. This spirit-being helped you out and possibly saved your life. You must feel blessed. Good luck to you and you were meant to do great things in your life.

Zeta.
Nicky_Loves_BF (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-22)
This is kind of how I feel... Feeling like a good for nothing. I'm really glad he saved you.:)

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: