You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Ghost Girl In My Room

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost Girl In My Room

 

About six months to a year ago, I became inexplicably afraid of my parents' bedroom and adjoining bathroom. I can't really explain my wariness besides the eerie feeling of something watching me whenever I was in those two rooms. It wasn't like I was watching any scary movies or ghost videos at the time, because a few months before I had sworn off all things related to that, scared from my first paranormal experience (which I will post later) and convinced that if nothing paranormal was going on in my house there was no reason for me to get involved.

On top of that, when I took a shower (I used their bathroom to shower instead of the smaller one), the radio system would mysteriously get louder or softer as if somebody was messing with the volume, but no one was ever in the bathroom with me. The radio would also randomly go to static for a while, regardless of the station I was on. But since I'm a huge scaredy cat, I dismissed it as a faulty radio. Besides, we had lived in the house for 15 years. Why would the paranormal activity start now, after all this time?

Then, in early spring, something else happened. First, let me explain the layout of my bedroom. The headboard of my bed is on the same wall as my door. I have posts for my purses behind my door, which means it will never be able to open enough so that the doorknob touches the wall (my door is sort of in a corner). The space between my wall and my door was usually enough a person could fit between. My mirror hangs on the opposite wall in a way that you could look in the mirror while lying in bed and see the spaced made with the wall and the door. (I hope this makes sense. You'll see why it's important later.)

One night, I had a very strange dream. I was a paranormal investigator in a house I've never seen before in my life. In the dream, I went down the stairs and was turning to go into the kitchen when a girl (probably 9 or 10) in an old-fashioned black dress with black stockings and black buckle shoes blocked my way. She had fair skin, and her hair was black and done up in a half ponytail, with huge curls probably done with an old curling iron. As I moved to slide around her, she screamed and disappeared, at which time I woke up.

When I opened my eyes the room was nearly pitch black. I looked at the stereo on my dresser for the time (it was about two in the morning), then looked in the mirror. What I saw behind the door in the mirror's reflection almost made me have a heart attack -- a girl (once again 9 or 10 years old) with long black hair, an old white nightgown, and pale skin was staring at me. I looked away for a second when I jumped back and bumped my elbow on the nightstand, and when I turned back, she was gone. I wasn't dreaming, and I don't have anything white behind my door.

The next night I had a dream I was back in the same house investigating again. I heard giggling and footsteps from upstairs, but I woke up before I could go up there. I didn't get a visit from the ghost girl again, and after a dream the next night about seeing her in one of my old elementary school's classrooms, nothing out of the ordinary happened. I figured my experience was over.

Until last week.

Last Sunday night (the 1st of July), I had really bad insomnia and was awake from the time I went to sleep until about 3 in the morning. Around two, I heard somebody walking around on the tile floor of my kitchen. My parents were both in bed, my brother was asleep, and my cat was lying in my room. It wasn't the house settling, because I can tell the difference between someone walking across the floor and the house moving. It also wasn't a burglar, because the footsteps randomly stopped in the middle of the floor and didn't come back.

Then the next night, around eight p.m., I came in from outside and turned the corner to go down the hallway. In the evening light, I saw a dark mass standing in the hallway by my parents' room. My mom then called me from another room, and the mass darted into the bedroom. Don't ask me how, but something told me it was a little girl.

Though these are the only experiences I've had, I know this is far from over. Just this morning as I was getting dressed, an orb darted across my mirror. (I ruled out dust or bugs because of its sporadic nature.) I don't think she's haunting the house, and she doesn't seem malevolent, but I'm confused. What does she want from me?

Other hauntings by MickeyN

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MickeyN, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Boo1234 (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-30)
Oh, I forgot to say but that girl in your dreams reminds me off the girl in The Ring (good movie) I forgot her name... Hmmm...

Anyway thanks for sharing your story:)
Boo1234 (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-30)
Hi, You know what?, (this is my opinion) I think maybe your dream could be telling you something try to not wake up during the dream and make sure in your head you take notes and maybe keep a diary documenting these experiences that's what I do, I hope I helped even a bit and just stay calm

I wish you all the best take care 😊
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-30)
Hey MickeyN,

I think that natures extra gifts, other then hearing with our ears, seeing with our eyes, can kick in during the unfolding of our lifes. My niece Atlanta who will turn six on the end of this month has always been able to see into the spirit world and knew things before they happened. My grandmother, who is with the spirits herself right now, only started to notice the ghosts when she was in her nineties... As for your encounters I guess this girl has now simply found a way to you and is in the clouds to be experienced! Just talk to her, try and make recordings like some have suggested...

Thanks for sharing this with us!
Much enjoyed reading about it.

Greetings,
Peter
Blackmoonmage20 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-30)
That is a really really creepy and scary story.i'm more scared now cause i'm reading now at 9:44 in the evening with the light turned off and my mom and siblings are asleep. 😭 so scared... 😒
Greyle (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-29)
Purplepanda it won, t let anyone make a story for random reason it will be back up tomorrow
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-27)
PurplePanda,

That is the 64 dollar question.

50...50...50

Respectfully,

Rook
PurplePanda (18 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-26)
Off topic... Why have there been no new ghost stories posted for weeks? Just wondering.

PP
tezza (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-25)
hey I think maybe this girl has come to you for help and the only way she can get to you is by your dreams. Or she could be your guardian angel
Greyle (13 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-07-25)
Dear the_truth you could be right you could be wrong like everyone else 😊
kristy-lee1985 (4 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-25)
i so agree with i_am_unknown, now is the time to approach your mum and tell her, ask her if any children she taught may have died recently as the child may be trying to cintact her, but knowing that your mum is a non believer she came to yo instead, your onto somethign her love, run with it and don't be scared they are more scared of us then we are of them 😁
madeleine98 (3 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2012-07-24)
I would think that she wanted you to notice her, and to give her attention. Also, in pretty much every story on the web site, people have cats...
AzzyBeh (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-23)
I think the girl means no harm, maybe you should check the history of the house she may have been living there and passed at an early age.

I enjoy your stories and hope to hear more. 😁
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-23)
Hi MickeyN:

Just wondering... Are you an only child? Do you have any siblings or possibly a sibling that passed that you may not know about?

Thanks, zeta.
spiritwriter41 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-23)
Hello. I agree with Ivory, she mostly wants to be acknowledged. That's pretty much universal for all ghosts. If you can, find a Medium to come to your house and try and communicate with her. I'd suggest a ouija board but things could go wrong there and you'd get something you certainly did not want. Never show any fear should you get in contact with your ghost. Be calm and "listen" to her. Try recording EVP if you can. A simple tape recorder will work. Ask questions. If she is a little girl, she may be looking for a playmate not knowing she has passed on. Who knows? Try communicating with her.
1324jojo (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-23)
Do you know the history of your house? Maybe there is an intresting history. Ask your parents or look it up online
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-23)
I_am_unknown can be onto something. Describe to your mom the girl you saw without giving out the whole experience and ask her if she knows of this girl.
i_am_unknown (16 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-22)
Your mom a substitute teacher? That can explains something. Maybe if you describe to your mom, maybe she knows. Since your mom isn't a believer, it should be right that the girl only come to you. That's because she wants your help
MickeyN (2 stories) (21 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-21)
First of all, thanks to everyone who put their input in on this story. I really appreciate all the advice. Something that happened to me that I think is worth knowing happened when one of my friends who is also a teenager and didn't know about the ghost girl (but is pretty sensitive to the paranormal) was over at my house earlier this week. The same girl behind my door appeared once again, but to her this time. She, however, didn't look in a mirror - she looked at the door directly and saw her. I was sitting across from her and watched her do a double take, but when I looked behind me to see what caught her eye nothing was there. She then described the girl she had saw for a brief moment and her description matched up directly with what I've been experiencing. We tried to contact the spirit after I told my friend what had been happening in the house, and besides some faint knocking noises in the walls we don't think we got much of a response.

To BrokenTree, Rook, DeathXFury123, and geetha50: My family doesn't shop at flea markets, nor do we have any antique stores around where I live. There's nothing really old in our house, and I'm pretty sure the house isn't very old either. Also, I'm fifteen and am about to turn sixteen, as is my friend. I didn't tell my parents about the experience because my mom doesn't believe in the paranormal. I might tell my dad soon, though, and see if maybe he can help me get some history on the house and the land. My eyes playing tricks on me might be possible for the first experience, though I'm not one to hallucinate after waking and there was nothing white behind my door. The experience my friend just had makes me a little wary, but I won't throw out that possibility.

To kylin_katt, Cliney1212, and kristy-lee1985: I'm not sure how much info I'll be able to get on my former elementary school, but I know for a fact it's not one of the old buildings in our town - my mom says it wasn't built yet when she was growing up around here, and she graduated high school in the early eighties. I'll try to see what else I can find out. While it would be interesting to conduct a paranormal investigation at the school, I can't be sure whether or not I would be allowed to do that. My mom does have a job as a substitute teacher over there during the year, so maybe one afternoon when she's working after the students have left I can sneak in to an unoccupied classroom and try to contact something or get some evidence on film.

To The_Truth: Like I said in the story, she doesn't seem malevolent. I don't feel bad vibes in the house around the time she appears, nor has she done anything that would suggest she intends to hurt me or somebody else.

Once again, thanks to everyone for the suggestions! If any more experiences happen, I'll make another post.

-MickeyN
Valentine19 (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-21)
[at] ritwik

The only thing that came up from a quick search is Aghani (with H being right next to I) Which is a female arabic name which means ballad.
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-21)
I agree with Broken tree and Rook on both counts, she could be attached to something or a spirit drawing on teenage emotions... I think the fact that in your dream your a paranormal investigator means maybe your supposed to be investigating who this girl is. Maybe she wants you to help her cross over, and your former elementary school is a good place to start. Good luck:) 😁
ritwik (16 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-07-21)
dear viewers,

I have just now done an Ouija session. I asked that do the spirit know me and I got following reply

A-G-H-A-N-H...

Can anyone explain what they mean. Please reply quick.

Respectfull ritwik
DeathXFury123 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-21)
Maybe you bought an item that she owned and she wants to give it back to her 😳
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
Granny, Miracles,
It seems that a ghost brought you guys to tag team! πŸ˜†
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
granny - πŸ˜† Now that's funny! It's not often we're on here at the same time during a week day. But to post within 22 seconds of each other? I don't care who you are, that's funny πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
The_Truth - you seem very confident in your statements. Is there something to back them up, other than what you have stated? Just remember there are rules for commenting πŸ˜‰, so if you'd like to check them out before commenting, here's the link: http://www.yourghoststories.com/comments-guidelines.php
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
The _Truth: Please read and follow the "Comments Guidelines" at the bottom of the page, this in particular:

"This site offers discussions on the topic of ghost experiences, with people coming from various cultures, so please avoid proselytizing or preaching, unless the author of a story specifically asks to receive feedback from that religious perspective. This site is not about religious beliefs, it is about actual personal paranormal experiences and exploring reality with an open and investigative mind so we can actually learn more about the paranormal, with the same empirical mind set that made science so successful in other fields. Religions have a lot of wisdom to offer in terms of personal spirituality, but they can also limit our knowledge of the world with old superstitions and unproven dogmas. It's fine to share what your religion has to offer as a possible explanation, but everyone has their own, they certainly don't come here to be converted, so please, don't push it on others as irrefutable fact."

This comment from The_Truth is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

kristy-lee1985 (4 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
to me it sounds like a residual haunting, something that happened in the past that is paying over and over again. The young child doesn't seem to want anything specific from you, maybe she just enjoys knowing she has company. The fact that you saw her at your old school does suggest that she is trying to tell you something, maybe that she new you as a young child, hence why you see her as a young child. I agree with previouse posts, look into your old school. She may be conected in some way. Don't be scared of her as she obviously has not intention of hurting you
kylin_katt (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
you menchaned that you had a dream she was in one of your old elementary classrooms, if I were you, I would go to your old elementary schools and see if she was ever a student there, or maybe something to do with the land your school was built on, or maybe she is trying to show you that she's your spirit guide, that's how I found out about mine, I first had a dream about mine, mabye she's sending you these dreams for a reason, maybe she's looking for help or something...
thgame (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-19)
This is sorta the same but not as long πŸ˜• anyways I was at my house and I think I was about six at the time. I was sitting in my parents bed because my room was being painted. I Was playing with my toys and I stopped for a moment because I was tired. I looked around the room and glanced into the hallway and I saw a tall shadow figure that looked like a man. It walked into the bathroom so I followed it and turned on the lights, there was nobody in the bathroom. It was too dark to be a human shadow plus it was dark in the hallway. I ran into the living room to see my parents sitting there watching tv so it was not them. My older brother was eight and played tricks on me at all the time but he was asleep in his room.
I did not know who or what it was but I was wierded out.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: