You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: The Last House On The Right

Real Ghost Stories

The Last House On The Right

 

This is my first story on this site. I am kind of new to this so bear with me. Basically I have had quite a few experiences since I believe I saw my guardian angel when I was 7. Most have been positive experiences, but there have been a few very odd ones as well. I will start with one of the most negative.

This happened a few years back, 7 or 8 years now when I was in high school. There was a lot of construction and renovations happening in the area that I lived at the time.

My friends and I were looking for abandoned houses because most people had been bought out of their properties so the city could build a huge plaza. There was this strip of houses not too far away that my friends and I decided to explore.

All of the houses had already seemingly been entered by other kids because they were all trashed and spray painted inside. The only house that remained untouched was the last house on the right. For some reason it seemed like no one had even gotten into that house yet because it was not vandalized at all.

There were a few things that had been left behind by the previous owners, but not too much and it was still in good condition. The basement was unfinished and had a large cold cellar at the back. It was the middle of summer and very hot so we decided that this house we found would be our new chill spot for the summer.

We were very excited to have found a house that other people had overlooked as our intentions were never to vandalize, just be kids and find some abandoned houses to hang out in!

Anyways, so we kept coming back to that house for the next few weeks and everything was fine. Then, unfortunately, we went there one day and it seemed like other people had found it as well because the house was now trashed. Not vandalized with spray paint like the others, but the previous owners must have left more than we thought because a bunch of belongings were scattered through the house and it was now very messy. Anyways, we just figured it was kids being kids.

We continued to go there and we mostly hung out in the cellar because it was a lot cooler than the rest of the place. We brought tea-light candles to burn when it got dark and we would just leave them there (not burning obviously!). We started noticing the candles being moved every time we went, again just figured it was kids using our cellar as well. No big deal. We went there for about a month until this happened.

We were just hanging out in the cellar like usual when we heard a squeaking noise coming from somewhere around us. We were all looking around for a mouse in the cellar when we all were suddenly drawn to this large piece of scrap metal leaning against the back of the cold cellar (it was about a 5 foot tall strip and we had NEVER noticed it before then), so we all approached it and a friend of ours pulled the metal back. I swear I saw a black hole the size of a bowling ball appear quickly and then when I blinked it was gone. Then we noticed a smaller piece of metal under the big one, my friend also pulled that one back. When he did we all (there were 4 of us) saw a yellowy green ball of light shoot from behind it. It went right in between the four of us and had a yellow tail following it.

Suddenly I got the most horrific feeling in my stomach and it got really cold in there. Keep in mind this was day-time in the summer - and in a matter of seconds we could all see our breath and we were all running to get out of that place. Once we made it safely out, we discussed what we saw and everyone saw everything, even the black hole that no one said anything about at the time.

It was just a super negative experience. Like I said, I have had many interactions with the supernatural but most have been positive ones, and this one was so negative. I can't sit here and say it was an evil spirit for sure because really the orb could have just been a spirit holding onto horrible energy from the past.

I still don't know and can't explain that experience at all. Anyways, we never went back to that house and it now has been long demolished. Where it was is now a Petro Canada.

Thanks for reading my experience. I would love to hear any feedback about it!

Other hauntings by xnikkibobikkix

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xnikkibobikkix, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

southerntk (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
very interesting, I think you saw an orb to. I have taken many pictures of orbs around my house, which is haunted very badly, and in two of the pictures I actually caught the orbs in motion. It looks as you described, like it has a tail. I would definately say that it really wanted you to leave to make itself visible to you by the naked eye like that.
imawesome12 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
wow orbs are usally the sign of a spirt present be carefull best wishes 😁
xnikkibobikkix (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-03)
Thanks for your comments guys! It was indeed a very negative energy!

Geetha - I just read your experience in Ajax! I am actually just in Oshawa, we are not too far away! I really enjoyed reading about your experience, it was super neat to know it happened it in area that I have been to a million times!

Reddysteady - I also think that perhaps it wasn't kids trashing the place and maybe it was the entity. It is very possible it was an atempted warning from the entity before it appeared to us. Also, I have not heard of any paranormal experiences at the petro - although I do avoid that gas station, even to this day:P!
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-03)
Neat, clean and nice story. In paranormal, as Shalin and geetha50 said, it is always safer to trust our instincts. Share your further experiences to us. Thank God that no one was hurt during the experience, as you felt that it was a negative energy/entity.

Regards,

SDS
LindaG (3 stories) (32 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
Maybe the spirit (s) didn't want you in there, so it started to throw stuff around. I know I would have been scared s***less, and run faster than fast! Thanks for the story.
reddysteady (5 stories) (95 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
Oh wow - Cool! Did it strike you as odd at all however, that this was the only house that people hadn't vandalized yet? You hadn't experienced anything odd before the house was trashed either - I wonder if maybe this orb, this entity, was the one trashing the house? Maybe it felt that you were attracted to the apparent complete abandonment of the house and decided to mess things up a bit in order to get you to go away, and when you didn't, decided to scare you?

I'm also wondering if that petrol station sees any activity? 😁

Thank you very much for sharing - pretty neat!
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
Like Shlain said, trust your instincts and it's a good thing that you stayed away. My guess was that this spirit bother you and your friends before this because you kept it clean and only came to that house to cool off but once the place got trashed this spirit became angry and had enough energy to appear as an orb and scare you and your friends.

Just out of curiosity, where in Canada are you?
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
People always say trust your instincts so maybe it was a negative energy. I've had a similar experience with a black hole, or a black orb the size of a dinner plate. It was definitely trying to get your attention.

Thanks for sharing

Shlain

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: