You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: 9pm Without Fail

Real Ghost Stories

9pm Without Fail

 

This is the second encounter I had in my old house. It happened when I was roughly 13-years-old. I was living with my father and older sister at the time. My sister and I had separate rooms as dad and his fiancée had split up years before and her and her son had moved out.

Every night I would go to bed between 7pm and 8pm. If I had a lot of homework to do, usually I would sit up in bed and get some done before going to bed, other times it was straight to bed.

Every night at exactly 9pm I would hear a BANG on my bedroom window. Thinking it was one of the other kids on my street playing games, I chose to ignore it. When months later it was still happening and causing a lot of sleepless nights and cranky mornings, I decided it was about time I told my dad so we could try and get to the bottom of it. So that is exactly what I did.

Dad decided one night that he would be sneaky and hide under the house so he could jump out and serve it to who ever it was doing this. (The front of our house where the bedrooms were located was built up off the ground as it was on a slight hill. The space underneath was big enough for an adult to walk around slightly hunched over.)

After hiding under the house and waiting, sure enough 9pm came and so did the bang, but there was no one around. Dad tried hiding in different places on different nights, but every time came up with the same result, a big bang but nothing to explain it.

The scariest thing about this is that all bedrooms were right next to each other but no one else would hear the bangs except me, unless they were outside when it came. There was never an animal or a person to be seen.

I can't say this was a ghost or any kind of paranormal entity, but at the same time, without proof of it being a human or an animal, what else could it of been?

Other hauntings by kristy-lee1985

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kristy-lee1985, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

curious_sami (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-01)
very odd... Very interesting... Luckily its not bothersome...
kristy-lee1985 (4 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-04)
I no that all the convicts and stuff passed through the area on their way to Sydney many a moons ago, but yeah I'm going to do more research when I get more time on my hands.
xnikkibobikkix (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-03)
I agree with SDS - definitly sounds like a residual haunting. I would try and do some research on the house/area find out what went on there in the past, maybe this could give you insight into what the bang actually is supposed to be or represent.
kristy-lee1985 (4 stories) (44 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
have not been back to that house in ten years but have thought about writing a letter to the person who lives there to see if they have had anything like this happen, as for hot water booster, nope they were on the opposite side of the house in the bathroom, had no air con. No gas or electricity booster either (we didn't have gas) SDS think your right and I had the same thought, the house we use to live in use to be an old fisher man's cottage so maybe the "old fisherman" is still hanging around. Have thought about writing a letter to current resident but seriously, what would I say?
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
Like the others, I'm stumped. Is it happening still or has it stopped after a certain period?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
I feel that this is residual haunting of some sort as there is some synchronicity in its happenings. Because it happens exactly at the same bedroom, same time, same sort of action. So, I think it should be residual haunting. Well, after you left the house and now years on, did you have any occasion to visit your old house or query the present residents about these happenings right now. If so, please keep us posted. Nice narration.

Regards,

SDS
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-01)
Im in agreement with Cosmo with this account, It definitely is weird, the only thing that comes to my mind is perhaps youd had an electric or gas boosted water heater near your window these can be automated to go off at a certain time and can produce a loud kind of bang when starting. I have one outside of my room that does this exact same thing. Interesting.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-01)
This one has me stumped. Everything I think that could have caused the bang would have been discovered by your Dad while he was outside. Loose cable hanging off the house and the wind blowing into the window, a tree branch, or bird. Unless it was air passing through heating or water pipes, but I don't think that would happen at the same time every night. Yep, this is a head scratcher. 😕 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: