You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Moving Bar Of Soap

Real Ghost Stories

Moving Bar Of Soap

 

I live in Spokane Washington and have been living in my home for about a year now. When I first moved here I had extremely weird feelings, the feeling like someone was watching and just the feeling of unwanted.

We decided it was a good idea to paint our new house (since the previous occupants decided orange was an awesome color), so we painted the living room red. Well as soon as I painted it we received this awesome message on the wall. It says, "I hate you." I will try to post pictures of this just to show that it's the truth. So we decided that it would be smart to cleanse our house! We did that and everything felt a lot better.

A few months after getting it cleansed, we were cleaning out our room and under the bed we found this bar of soap! I know I didn't buy this bar of soap and I know my husband didn't, so we were pretty much confused on where the heck it came from and why a bar of soap was under our bed. So we pulled it out and put it on the table and finished cleaning the room.

I came out to see if I can see any markings on the soap and of course the soap was gone. No idea where the heck it went! We literally looked for it and couldn't find anything.

So here is the interesting part. I was just cleaning out under my bed (we got a new bed frame that has drawers in it) and the soap was in there! Please understand that it has been a few months since the previous encounter with the soap. There is no way it could have ended up under my bed. After it disappeared the first time, we just thought it was possible that maybe we tossed it out. I mean really, how does a bar of soap just get up and walk away? And for us to have a totally different bed now, one that has drawers. I mean something had to open it and put the soap in it.

Does anyone know if it means anything specifically? It honestly is an old bar of soap and it smells like roses and old lady. It's thick and square. And again it's OLD, so please let me know what you think!

Amanda

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AmandaB227, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Michore (30 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-12)
Very strange, my opinion is that its one ghost, a lady or young girl, angry at an event that occured in her life, the soap is something of significance to the ghost, maybe the idea of having the soap will cleanse her? Why the soap is at your bed could mean many things, closer access, maybe trying to tell you something.

But I agree with the 13 year old, burn the thing. It will upset the spirit but the spirit will have no more hold on you.
Blackmoonmage20 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-05)
Amanda,
I think that you need to get rid of that soap. Maybe you could bury it far away or burn it. If you are not comfortable with the house, I suggest that you should need to find another house. Just a suggestion from a 13-year old... Heheh 😁
CammiAlice (5 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-04)
i think Mercury's idea of the repelling spider thing and that maybe the spirit of the past owner is putting it there out of habit. And about the 'i hate you' thing... Maybe the spirit really liked orange? 😕 I'm not sure, but keep us updated and thanks for sharing! 😊
sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-03)
This may seem an odd question, but, I'm curious. Are there other areas in the house painted or wallpapered green?
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-03)
I agree with geetha, and think that there were 2 spirits. The one who didn't like the fact that you were changing the paint, and the one who put the bar of soap under the bed. My grandmother used to use those scented sachet's in her dresser drawers and the closets also. So it could be possible whoever lived there before is keeping up with tradition. The smell of roses always relaxes me so I don't think it is meant for any harm. I vote to put it in a zip lock and leave it in the drawer. 😊
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-03)
I think there were / are two entities in your place. The one that wrote "I hate you" and the one the left the soap. I agree with Rook's meaning of the different roses and I think it's the second ghost way of saying thank you for the cleansing.

You mentioned that you had the hostile feeling before the cleansing but how do you and your partner feel after the cleansing?
reddysteady (5 stories) (95 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-03)
^-^ "It floooaaats... It flooooaaats..." "What floats?!" "Ivory soap!" Sorry, I had to.

I'm was thinking exactly what Mercury93 said, while I was reading this - Perhaps your spirit produced this soap in reaction to your cleansing. Have any little, uncanny occurances taken place, aside from the soap? And also, like Rook, I would like to know what kind of rose-smell. Rose is usually a "good scent", so the duality of the messages your getting is perplexing. Maybe go to the Grocery and smell out all the rosey soaps until you find one that smells like yours? Sounds like Yardley soap to me, though, from your description - my Grandmother always kept bars of it in with her linens 😆
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-03)
Nice experience and thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed the second encounter with the soap. I don't think there is anything to worry about as it smells roses. But be careful. God bless you.

Regards,

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-03)
AmandaB,

Please post those pictures. It's not that I doubt what you are saying, I'd just like to see 'how' the words were formed.

You say the soap smelt of roses? Interesting... Roses in Wicca represent many different things here are some that may apply to this bar of soap...

Red Rose: Courage, Unity and Appreciation. (There are more, but these seem to apply to your situation)

White Rose: Unity.

Yellow Rose: (of Texas...😲 sorry had to I'm from Texas...) Congratulations.

So this bar of soap may be a spirits way of saying 'thank you' for the cleansing.

Respectfully,

Rook
ghostexplainer (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
Well if the soap smells like roses you don't have to worry about negative energy. Its most likely to be a spirt that's trapped in that specific place and it used to put soap around the house to repel any negative energy.
Mercury93 (5 stories) (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
You did say, there was a sign too, thay sai."i hate you." The soap could be significant to the cleansing you did, to the house, when you found that sign.

Btw, orange is awesome O.O and yay Washatonian
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
This is tickling something in the back of my mind. I think my grandmother used to keep a bar of soap under her bed to repel spiders. She told me once why it was there, but that was... A good many years ago. I wish I could remember for sure. 😭
Maybe the former owner is just carrying on an old habit. It seems harmless, I would just leave the soap.
MickeyN (2 stories) (21 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
Maybe the old owner of the house is trying to teach you a lesson... About good hygiene. Perhaps it's not YOU they hate, just your cleansing habits. 😆 Just kidding.

Moving objects are very common with spirits. If you want answers, try looking into the history of the house. Good luck!

-MickeyN
JBarum (28 posts)
-4
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
That's very creepy. Maybe the ghost is trying to give you a hint. Lol. ROFL

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: