You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Strange Events... Is There Something Evil?

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Events... Is There Something Evil?

 

First of all I will apologize for the possible grammar mistakes. Unfortunately English is not my native language.

I had experience that I could neither explain to myself nor disprove.

It all happened in 2009. At that time I lived with my mother in our apartment. There was only one living room and, of course kitchen, bathroom and hall.

So, both of us slept in one room. My mother's bed was near the wall towards the window and mine was straight close to my window. There was around 5 meters of space between.

We had a dog named Marshall. He was a very friendly, nice dog. Unfortunately he's gone several months later after these odd events took place. But I don't think that there was some connection to this occurrence and some sort of negative energy, spirit or whatever it was he saw that night.

It was about 2 AM. My mother and I were in deep sleep. Marshall usually slept with my mom near her feet right on the bed. All of a sudden he woke up and began to shaking, barking. My mother woke up and tried to calm him down, but he was so afraid of something that she just couldn't see. She told me next morning that Marshall staring at the corner of ceiling space that was right above my sofa and acting like if there was something invisible, something that trying to hurt me or us. He was trying to protect us by barking... But at the same time he was still on the bed. He didn't jump on the floor nor come closer to my area where, it seems was something evil. He was a brave dog, so if there was a human being whose intent was to hurt either my mother or me, Marshall would knock his head off without any hesitation. But that night he was definitely up against something that wasn't human.

The most interesting thing is that I didn't hear anything. To me it was quiet and peaceful. If my mother hadn't told me about what had occurred that night I still wouldn't know about it.

She told me that Marshall's behavior was strange, like he saw something that far beyond our eyes' possibilities. Or maybe hear? I don't know but it was really odd. After that night everything seemed fine and neither of us experienced thing like that.

After my mother's night story I decided to check if it was some bug or something like that. I've studied every inch of my ceiling but didn't find anything unusual but well-fine solid concrete. There were no bugs, no spiders... Nothing, but regular ceiling.

Another thing I would tell you, though my mother hear all those odd things going on, she was in some kind of sleep paralysis, she couldn't call me, or give me some sign about what was going on in our home. She couldn't wake me up, she could barely move her hands to try to calm Marshall, but she said it was pretty hard to do that, like if her hands holding 10kg or something and her body was tied to bed.

The length of this event was roughly 10-15 minutes. And then all gone (thanks God). During this period of time I slept like a baby and didn't hear anything.

When I woke up I felt good, I didn't feel depressed or drained. I had no idea about what happened. It was just another morning for me.

I'm still concern about this. What in the name of God happened that night? I've had read a lot of stories about the facts that animals can feel something that human can't.

My mother still has two cats and when she returns from the mall and almost unlocks the door, the kitties wake up and run towards the front door but mom's still a three-five step away from it.

Was it either some evil spirit or Marshall just having a bad dream? But if so, why did my mother feel helpless and couldn't move enough to stand up and wake me up and why I didn't hear anything?

Of course probably many of you would like to know if my mom just had a bad dream...No. She was convinced that it wasn't either dream or hallucination. It was real. And I believe her. I always was a man who is believer. I believe that something out there. But not everyone has the capability to reveal the truth about what's out there on the other side.

Sometimes I feel like somebody's watching me when I'm alone in that apartment. I feel negative presence, but my mom saying that nothing wrong and it's all just my imagination.

I think there's some kind of negative energy. I often feel depressed there and just can't figure out why.

Several months ago my mother found out that she has some kind of breathing problem. It's hard for her to take a deep breath, like there is something heavy on her chest. And actually I can't tell you for certain if it has something to do with the real illness. Yes, she used to smoke, but now she's quit. Almost two years have passed since she threw out cigarettes.

She was in hospital roughly two weeks but doctors didn't find anything. They said there's nothing wrong with her lungs. They just could never find anything that may cause to her disease nor explain why she feels that way. Nobody knows how she can get rid of this breathing obstruction.

What if something is wrong with out apartment? What if there's some kind of curse or something? At the same time I don't know who could do that and for what reason. We have not much relatives and all of them are good people who always caring about each other.

I'm starting to think the apartment is either haunted or it has huge amount of negative energy. And all those ghostly stuff has definitely something to do with my mom's illness and my depression condition.

Has anyone else had anything like that? Let's share our experience?

Thanks for reading.

By the way, one more thing I forgot to tell you about the occurrence that took place five days ago at my girlfriend's apartment. In the morning when she woke up she noticed that something was wrong. She has a closet along the wall with a big glass door amidst its structure. And what you think? Right! The door was opened... Behind that door was a picture where my girlfriend and her sister hugging each other... So that picture was half turned towards the closet-wall. And the last thing. She has an angel pretty little statue... Guess? The statue was dropped...

And once again I'm sorry if there a lot of grammar mistakes. Sometimes I feel lack of words.

Tim.

Other hauntings by TimDefacto

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TimDefacto, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

aoife (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-27)
Wow my dog was like yours a brave animal I was asleep on my sofa when Roxy (my dog) jumped down and barked at my basement door
TimDefacto (3 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-04)
Thank you for your replies!

Actually I did cleansing by sprinkle holy water at the corners. There was some video on youtube about how to get rid of negative energy, anger or spirits. And the host and some witnesses whose encounter was really frightening, they were talking about what our actions should be when we feel we are not "alone" in our home.
So I did the way they said. I get holy water and begun to sprinkle all of the corners of all the areas in the apartment.
To be honest I didn't feel any changes afterwards in either air or apartment itself. It still looking the same way it used to be three years ago.

I think it has something to do with previous owners. As long as I know before we bought this place there was an old man who lived there. He was kind person and neighbors were in good relationship with him. Then he passed away... I don't know for sure what happened. He was too old I think. His nephew, by the way move to USA. That's all I know about the history of that place.

That apartment is really odd place. There's some kind of heaviness in the air.
Actually when we lived together with my mom we often argued about something and in the end we had found out that there was no reasonable explanation why we acting that way. It was as if something or some energy makes us to fight each other and feed our negative emotions while we were angry.

Also I read a lot of topics about how important for us to think in positive way in our daily life. Because our thoughts either good or bad they all can produce some major events in our lives. When someone has negative thoughts it may become reality. I always was a kind of man who is grateful for what God gave me. When I was young I often complain that I didn't have something my friends did or I'm not-like-them-stuff. But later I realized that I have the most important thing - The Life itself what could be better?
I think everyone of us should be grateful for everyday they can open their eyes and see the sky, they can hear birds singing, they can stand up on their feet and take a step and then another...
Because there's so much people who just can't because of the illness. They will never see what sky is looks like, they'll never hear about what the birds singing. And the more important thing that the most of these people who have serious health problem they are grateful.
And when we are grateful God see this and he'll provide you more.

I'm telling you this because what if all negative thoughts of previous owners still dwells at that place? Could it be some sort of poltergeist whose intent is just to make people feel anxious, oppressive feelings? Maybe people who used to live there before us had often fight each other and when they had gone their energy still remains there and poisoning somebody's lives.

Anyway I keep watching that place and if something will happen again I'll let you know. Also I want to set up a camera with the night vision ability and leave it for the night to see if something's going on.

Thank you for the replies! Wish you good luck!

Tim
sheena (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-04)
are don't no what to say hmm maybe it really have something bad in your place
sarah84 (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-03)
i get spirits through my house all the time, sometimes good sometimes bad. I know exectly where they are and just by me feeling their presence I can tell whether the are bad or good, male or female, old or young. My point is that often I will find my dogs staring, growling or barking at one of these entities. One time one of my cats was sitting perched on the end of my bed and there was a young girl (around 7 or 8) in the corner of my room. I couldn't see her but my cat just stared at her and I guess she began moving around the room at the ceiling because my cat just followed her around the room with its eyes. I followed where my cat was looking it it was not an insect or anything of the sort. Not even a shadow. Shortly after my cat suddenly got scared or startled and left the room. I could no longer feel the energy in my room. Soooo. I believe that animals can see things that some people cannot. I wish all the best for you and your mother. Blessed be 😊
Shell1982 (70 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2012-08-03)
The dog heard a rat/bird/insect in the roof space and was barking at that.
Your mum was in a state of sleep paralysis due to being suddenly awoken by the dog barking.
No ghosts, no curses; no problem.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-03)
TimDefacto - to me it sounds as if your mom experienced sleep paralysis. I'm not by any means an expert on this subject and won't claim to be, but some of the things you mentioned in your story sound very much like sleep paralysis to me.

Now, I've never heard of sleep paralysis and an illness being linked so I don't know if this is two separate things or if I'm wrong in what I think. I guess I could google it, couldn't I? 😉

I wish you and your mom the best 😊
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-03)
Hi Tim, I agree with the other posters. There seems to be something in your apartment that is preying on yours and your mother's energy. As a result you are having feelings of depression and your mother is feeling ill and having shortness of breath. I like sonri's suggestion of "sprucing" up the apartment. You can put on a fresh coat of paint, re-arrange the furniture, maybe get some new curtains. Anything to make the place more lively. You can also get some lavander scented candles to help create a more relaxing atmosphere. White candles are also good as they represent light and purity. The cleansing is always a good way to rid your apartment of negative energy. Try to project as much positive energy as you can, and thinkgs should start to feel better. Good luck and let us know how everything works out. 😊
sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-03)
Spirits can attatch themselves to people, very much like parasites. The heaviness in the chest, the depression, could very well have a spiritual explaination, in fact I'm beginning to understand spirits influence nearly everything. Sometimes, its hilariously or sadly obvious, other times you have to pay attention to the little signs.
I find spiritual entities respond quite well to reason, and compassion; better than humans, perhaps. I tell them I am sorry they are sad or angry, and can not understand why they choose to be this way. I am filthy, stupid, human, I have a little life full of sorrow. Pity me, and let me be.
They have a choice, they are free (unlike me I shall never be free while alive) to be anywhere, they should be happy. And if they have a title, a burden, like demon, they carry. I say "you are an angel", only, now, you are free to be as you choose, why be bad, feel bad, think bad, when there can be happiness, love, and beauty. I mean this, they'd know if I were lying.
They can hear your thoughts, but if I can I like to try and keep them out of my head, by negating the need. If I can talk to them without appearing entirely mental, I'd rather speak.
Perhaps, it could be also that that place does have a dark history, replace it every day with good history, upbeat music, funny youtube videos, laughter. Brighten up the decor.
And good luck to you.
Your English is pretty good, but delightfully not so good where I could not enjoy imagining a lovely sing-song Russian accent. So, that was nice, made it a pleasure to read.
ghostexplainer (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
Hello well what you have encountered indeed sounds bad about your mother its definatly not a demon maybe a soul of a victim that was maybe murdered in the apartment. Maybe the victim was strangled but if you want to be safe you need to put a barrier of salt in a circle around your mothers and your bed. If you have anymore information on this incident I can maybe help.
MickeyN (2 stories) (21 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
This spirit does not sound good. All I can say is perhaps try to smudge or cleanse your home. Here is a cleansing/shielding method that Rook (rookdygin) has posted in some different places on this site (I give all credit to Rook):

"Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.)

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.) "

Hope this helps, and keep us updated!

-MickeyN

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: