You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: What's Wrong With Me?

Real Ghost Stories

What's Wrong With Me?

 

So before I start I just want to say that this isn't an experience, more of a description throughout my life. I need some answers to my problem and I want to know if there is anyone else out there that is like me.

People who are born with this 'gift' of seeing ghosts seem to have it all their lives. Not me. I was born and it seemed that through my toddler years I would see and hear people that weren't there. My parents told me that my eyes would wander as if I was watching an invisible person walk across the room. All this stopped when I turned 4.

Then when I was about 5-6 it started again and this time remember it. I would see black figures or hear and sense things that weren't there. Gradually it started happening more and more often to the point that I would see something at least once a day. Then when I was 9 it slowly stopped and I would hardly ever see anything.

Now for these past couple of years i've been seeing things more and more often. Think of this thing like a chart and how often I see things goes up and down making a wavy line. Right now I am at the peak of the wavy line so I am seeing things everyday. They just appear in the most random of places where I least expect them.

Usually I see them as black figures and when they move its like when you watch tennis on an old tv and the ball looks like a line, so it sort of leaves an after shadow that fades quickly. Or I see them like I see any other human being, only I can just tell that its a ghost.

Sometimes they just speak to me there and then and I can reply, sometimes (and I know this sounds nuts) they speak in my head, or send me a telepathic message which I can also reply to in my mind.

I don't know anyone else who has these phases and can speak to ghosts in their mind so I would just like to know if there is someone else and how I can... I guess deal with this thing. Your help would mean a lot. Thank you.

Other hauntings by CammiAlice

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CammiAlice, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

batVkitty (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-20)
No, you are not the only one who sees them. My boyfriend sees them! At first I didn't believe him but it's really hard to believe! There are spirits following him! One of them is a demon (he says so) and one time it tried to attack him they just push and shove him! This thing is following him because he made a pact with the devil! He has seen them ever since he was a little boy but the pact he made it was when he got much older.
jawp (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-05)
You could be delusional. Ever saw a doctor before? You should try. I'm not saying its not real, but I'd just see one if I were you. And after that, if you still see them, ask why others can't see them and see if you can get an answer out of them.
innocent-hacker (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-04)
Nothing's wrong with you.
But as you said that you can communicate with them sometimes. What do they say?
I mean do you understand what they're saying? Are they stressed or something?
And Its a Gift that you're able to see spirits, just be careful 😊
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-04)
I have something similar, but for myself its always talking. When you hear the talking you feel crazy then when you see the stuff it makes you feel even crazier. It's all about what is going on in your life at that time. I can tell you from experience, when there is a lot of stress going on you let that guard down, you may have subconsciously chose to not have that door open but like I said when you are really busy or stressed, they sneak out. Do you want to see them or no, the choice is ALWAYS yours.

Blessed Be ❤
Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-03)
Ok here is just an idea. Pretty obvious I know but don't watch scary movies or shows. You might feel scared because you might think the figures and stuff are them. Even though this really didn't help (my comment!) it's still a good story.
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-02)
I agree that there is nothing wrong with you. Some people just have the ability to see things others cannot. Thanks for sharing your experiences. I don't have any advice, but there are plenty of others on here that know more than I do.
amberlovick1431 (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-02)
it seems like when you see these ghosts it could be areas of stress, just an idea that might help xx:)
crystal1981 (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-02)
Nothing wrong with you babe, some of us are just lucky I guess. I'm dealing with a polterguist at the moment due to my middle child going into puberty. I have always had "company" and it could be scary at times but I am lucky as both sides of my family have it so I have never had to deal with the feeling of being alone with it. I also have premonitions unfortunately of death and illness mostly but occasionely of life too. Though I did make the mistake when young of having a seance with some friends I have otherwise just accepted this as a part of life. Just don't believe everything you see and try not to react too much with any presence.
MissEmoVampire (3 stories) (25 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-01)
There is nothing wrong with you. I have the same relation to you. When I was 3 my brother died, and 3 months later my mum walks into my bedroom and sees me talking. To her, it looked like I was talking to myself. She asked me who I was talking too. I said my Brother. She asked what he was wearing. I supposedly described a outfit which I have never seen. My mum brought this outfit (I was not there when she did buy it) 2 months before he died. It was in the back of my mum's wardrobe with all of my brothers things. I now see him a lot and other strange people.
Personally to me, you should stay how you are. Your gift is amazing and beautiful. Don't let it go to waste.
Gargoyle (51 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-01)
CammiAlice, there's nothing wrong with you, in fact I think this is a wonderful gift you have although I would imagine that it's very unsettling at times. I would take the advice of the experienced posters on this site, they seem to know what they are talking about.
Rook, How would you go about opening yourself up to the spirit world? I ask because I am only very slightly sensitive. I feel atmospheres very clearly and there have been places that I don't want to hang around etc but beyond that not a lot.
I would only be interested in opening myself up just a teency weency bit as I am sure that I would crap it and more than likely shut myself off again!
😊
Gargoyle
Unexplained (2 stories) (122 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-01)
I think as we grow and develop, the sight of some people is more acute than others - they can see more along the light spectrum.

The ghosts that I have seen were not solid-looking as you see them, and were only noticeable to me in very faint light, coming from the street outside. So I could clearly see their outlines but could see through them. In normal indoor light, I doubt that I would have been able to see them at all.

Other people, who have a greater range along the light spectrum, can see much more. I think you have that ability which tends to come and go. And you can see things that other people may not.

The same for sound. I know younger people can generally hear higher pitched sounds than older people. They actually use this to discourage vandalism and anti-social behaviour on railway platforms near where I live.

As people get older, the hearing range is reduced. You may be experiencing a recurrence of your abilities for some reason.

I'm not sure if this helps.
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-31)
Ok with all respect what I think is nuts that you come to a site about these types of things and feel like everyone will think your nuts. There is nothing wrong with you as everyone else has said. I would say the reason it seemed to come and go maybe just the simple fact that you were not responding to them at the time, kind of like Rooks example. I would go as far to say that you would probably do well as medium if you were to practice enhancing your gift.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-31)
Thanks for your answer, Rook. I totally understand what you are saying.
ivory (9 stories) (77 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-31)
i very much agree with rookdygin.
Embrace your gift and don't be afraid.
My sensitivity to unseen decrease or increase as I grow up but it definitely increase after we had a near death accident.
After that I just learned to ignore and shut them out like the way we ignore background noises.

As for the question,
What's Wrong With Me?
Nothing is wrong with you. You are just confused and probably scared with what you have.

If you don't want them learn to ignore them;-)
BreannaGee123 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-31)
Hi, I Have The Same Experiences. &&Nothing Is Wrong With You Hang In There 😁
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-31)
geetha,

Thanks for asking your question...I'll quote it here so its easier to find...

"The original poster mentioned that she has been experiencing the paranormal is young and then stopped when she was four and then started again when she was about 5 or 6. Would the other side choice who they communicate with or as a young child we still have to the power to shut the communication with the paranormal?"

A pretty big question which I have a two part answer for...

First: In the O/P's case I believe that her 'sensitivity' waxed and waned as she was growing up and now, as she is going through puberty it is 'active again. (I hope that makes sense) So the O/P wasn't so much 'choosing' to turn it 'on or off' it was either 'manifest' within her (on) or not (off). Of course the O/P, or anyone else, can choose to remain 'on' or 'off' and those who do not think they are sensitive can 'learn' how to 'open' themselves up.

Second: Spirits can choose to interact or communicate with anyone they choose, the level of success that this happens on depends on how 'sensitive' an individual is. Let's say you are in a foreign country and you were trying to communicate with the individuals that live there how would you do it? Find a 'translator' (a sensitive) or Yell at the top of your lungs and hope you are understood?

I hope that makes some kind of sense...

Respectfully,

Rook
blacksky (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-30)
My daughter has seen the same things and its not all the time it comes and goes. You two have a special part of your brain that functions to help you see these things, the rest of us don't have that function. So no there's nothing wrong with you, just to seek a medium who can help you figure out what your gift is leading to. Maybe you can lead them across. Good luck ❤
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-30)
I would seek medical help to rule out possible physical/mental health issues before exploring paranormal explanations for these episodes. As you live in the UK, I assume you have access to fairly comprehensive medical care. Assuming all's clear medically, perhaps seek the help of a reputable medium or a spiritual advisor to help you understand what is happening and how best to deal with it. I think this "gift" can fade if you don't exercise it. On the other hand, you can choose to develop it.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-30)
Cammi,

I agree with Rook on this one. You are a sensitive and you have the ability to control it. Posters like Rook, Miracles, granny, etc. Have more experience than me so they are the best to ask for help.

I have a question for you. You mentioned that in certain periods in your life, you stopped communicating with the ghosts. Is there a reason for that? Did something happen to make the communication?

I'm asking because all people are open to the paranormal but intentionally or unintentionally the stop believing but with young kids their innocents have not been corrupted, so to say and it should have continued.

Rook,

I have a question for you. The original poster mentioned that she has been experiencing the paranormal is young and then stopped when she was four and then started again when she was about 5 or 6. Would the other side choice who they communicate with or as a young child we still have to the power to shut the communication with the paranormal?

This question also goes to the other experts on this site also.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-30)
CammiAlice,

You ask this question...'Whats wrong with me?

I counter with this... Why does something have to be 'wrong' with you?

From what you have shared, in all of your experiences, it seems you are sensitive... Which simply means you feel the presence of spirits/entities and it also seems you can see them at times. This does not mean there is something wrong with you. Some people feel this sensitivity to spirits is a gift.

There are many methods for controlling your sensitivity. They range from 'shutting yourself completely off' to 'picking the times you want to 'open' yourself and 'feel/see' them.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. I (and others on the site) will do what we can for you.

Respectfully,

Rook
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-30)
hi Cammi
If you read my stories, my friend "Tim" has the same gift you do. Spirits find him at random, speak both through images or through words, sometimes even through sensory emissions, like smell. Thats how he learned how the little boy ghost in my house died, he could smell the burning.

I also wasn't born with the gift to see them or speak to them, I see flashes of black or white at times, can see shadows, but I can sense them very clearly.
smileydelwen (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-30)
Uhm just one questions, did you ever see any visions? Sounds like you have a very interesting job?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: