You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Mom's Boyfriend's House

Real Ghost Stories

My Mom's Boyfriend's House

 

I used to live at my mom's boyfriend's place. I loved the area, it was beautiful but I just didn't like being in his house.

When my mom went to college and her boyfriend went to work, I would be the only one looking after the house. Nothing happened when I was alone when I first got there, but a lot of strange things started happening. When I was in the living room watching TV, I heard a music box playing. I turned down the TV volume and I still heard it. I have a music box but it plays the Looney Tunes theme song from the cartoon show. It was really scary. After it stopped, I heard footsteps and the footsteps were loud. I was really scared that I ran out of the house. This starting happening a lot to me.

Another thing that happened to me is when I was sleeping my door was always shut, but when it was midnight I woke up and heard something. I saw my door wide open and than it slammed closed. I couldn't sleep at all that night so all I did was read my book.

I decided to finally ask my mom's boyfriend about the music box, so I waited one night for him to come home from work. When he came back I finally asked him if he had a music box. He looked at me strangely and said no and asked why. When he said that, it brought chills to my spine. I said nothing I was just wondering. I walked away in shock.

Today I live in a apartment with just my mom and I still think about it. I always wonder if it was all just in my head or was it real. (I never told my mom about this cause I thought she wouldn't believe me and she said that if they exist she wants someone to prove it to her.)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DawnOak16, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
DawnOak - have you ever tried talking to your mom about anything related to ghosts, etc? I know you said she wants someone to prove their existence to her, but does that mean she wouldn't believe in you? Sometimes there really is a difference when it comes to a mom believing their child. She may not believe "in" ghosts, but she may be you believe in them and that you believe you experienced something.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-05)
I find myself having to agree with BadJuuJuu on this one. When we experience the paranormal for the first time, we all question our sanity. I wouldn't worry about the old apartment you lived in as it's in the past and nothing to worry about now.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-05)
I think everyone wonders if it's all in their head when they first experience the paranormal. In some ways, wondering if you're crazy proves that you're not lol. It's a normal reaction.
It doesn't sound like anything dangerous was in that apartment, if nothing has happened in the new apartment I wouldn't give it anymore thought. I hope things are peaceful for you now. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: