You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Bad Ouija Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Bad Ouija Experience

 

I am going to give you a short background of the things leading up to this experience.

Myself, my friend, and his girlfriend all shared a condo together. I moved in after they did and they were always telling me of things that were going on in it (we all believe in the paranormal). I moved in and there was nothing going on for about the first 2 months or so and slowly things started picking up. We would hear growls from down in the basement and none of us ever felt comfortable down there so we always went in pairs. We would see figures walking around, objects would be moved, doors closing by themselves just to give you all an idea.

My friend's girlfriend, who we will call Becky, suggested one night after almost a year of this that we should use a Ouija board to try and contact whatever was there and get rid of it. Against my best judgement I agreed. We were all up in their room watching some movies at the time, as they had the best set up for movies, and we went down to the kitchen table and got everything prepared. Jessie, a friend of Becky's, showed up as we were about to start. We invited her to join and she declined, but said she wanted to watch. We started a recorder to go back and listen to later. We asked some basic questions and moved on to the more in-depth questions.

My friend, who we will call Jon, asked some question then started to cry. When we asked what was wrong, he said nothing but this is my grandma. The questions he asked only he knew the answers to, but as he got more in depth on questions to make sure it was her, the answers became wrong more frequently. When he noticed they were wrong, what we think was another spirit came through and it was of a young girl who had been murdered 3 doors down from us. We asked several question. The first was, "Do you know what or who is in our house?" She replied "Yes." "Is it evil?" we asked again. "Yes." Becky asked, "Is it a strong entity?" The response we got was "Yes, D-e-m-o-n" and at this we all got nervous. Jon asked, "How strong is it?" the response was "V-e-r-y." Becky asked, "What is it's name?" the response was "Z-o-y." "What should we do?" she asked and the response to that was "G-e-t-o-u-t." And Becky, being the one who felt everything was okay, said "I mean, how do we defeat it?" Again we got "G-e-t-o-u-t" only this time it kept cycling through the letters getting faster and faster.

Jon and I said, "F@@k this, we are done. Close whatever door you opened" and Jon asked Jessie to go get his car keys out of his room. Jessie came down and said, "I can't, your door is locked." We ran up the stairs after Becky closed the session and the door was indeed shut and locked although we left it wide open. We went and the keys were not on the dresser where he left them. We looked around for about 10 minutes and found them under the bed.

We went to Becky's family's house and listed to the recorder. The was nothing on the recorder at first, but as soon as we started asking about the demon you could hear a growling slowly get louder until it sounded like it was right by us. The point where the planchette spelled Zoy, we heard an almost half laugh, half growl and heard, "You are mine."

We moved out within a month and only went back one time to get our stuff. When we went back, I felt as if someone was behind me but when I looked there was nothing. I got out to the car to leave and noticed my metal crucifix that was in perfect condition upon entering was now bent in the middle at a 45 degree angle.

I have tried to find anything on a demon named Zoy but have come up empty. If anyone has an idea or knows anything on it please help me. I also recommend, like many others, don't mess with a Ouija board it a very bad idea.

Other hauntings by newhunter30

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, newhunter30, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

InuYasha710 (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-07)
Don't search Zoy. Search the street and histoty of your house. Then ask neighbors... Finally search houses with similar experiences around the area.
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-30)
Not to sound a disbeliever what I'm trying to say is I don't want to believe in demons or ghost because it sounds to strange. But still interesting but I heard from others saying that ouija board don't work I want to try it but too scared. So they work right I'm just courious?
cutiepiecharlie (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-24)
well have you tried contacting with the demon?

WAIT that would be stupid wouldn't it...
elnoraemily (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-19)
zzsgranny - I was being a bit dramatic. I have been to that section, but it is very small.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-02-19)
elnoraemily: Please check out the stories in the photographs/video/EVP category. To find that category, follow the link at the top of the page, "Real ghost stories". Also, some posters prefer to include the links to their evidence in the comments section, so many are not included in this particular category.

Just thought I'd let you know that "everyone on here never posts their evidence that they claim to catch" is just not the case. 😊
elnoraemily (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-19)
Great story. I do hate it though that everyone on here never posts their evidence that they claim to catch.
joeyfilthx (1 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-08-16)
They have said that any demon you contact through Ouija that has ZO in the name, is the ouija demon ZOZO. It will give you any name with ZO in it. Maybe that is the demon name you are looking for?
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
No it wasn't and I took 3 tries to break it down which was too much for such a thin door
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
newhunter - thank you for answering my question. I didn't know if this was one of those old houses with the skeleton key or what.
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
Miracles- we had to break the door down, we tried several ways to get the door open and none of them worked.

Gabrilla- well the landlord was my friends father and he doesn't believe in the paranormal so that would have been no good. I know that it didn't follow any of us thank God.

Mickey-I have heard of the same demon and noticed some similarities but didn't want to jump to concluisions.

SDS-i have and will not use one since then, I advise the same. They are not games and you never know what may come through
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
I don't know how many times I have said this but I will tell once again. Never play Ouija. It is not a play board. You are contacting the other side and you do not know what is on the other side. So, don't play Ouija. Please, I appeal to all, especially young and inexperienced in paranormal, don't play Ouija. It could be used as a gateway from the other side to our lives. Some entities could make your life really miserable. I had bad experiences several years ago and I have been advising every one personally and through this site not to use Ouija. In fact, we should campaign that it should not be sold in any toy shops because children/youngsters would never know about its seriousness. Thank God, you have got away from this problem. But, please don't use Ouija board and especially alone.

Regards,

SDS
MickeyN (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-05)
The closest thing I've heard in name to a demon named "Zoy" is a demon named "Zozo." This demon is very scary and very powerful. It is known to frequent ouija boards and has been seen all over the world. It has also been associated with some terrible ouija board experiences. Google it for more info, but I know I've encountered at least one story on this site that includes Zozo.

Now, I'm not for sure if the demon you encountered was this one-- I just recognized some similarities.

Good luck in your new house, and I hope nothing followed you there.

-MickeyN
GabrielladeLioncourt (5 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-05)
Wow, that's f*cking scary, sorry for my expression, but omg.

Anyways, I have never heard of a demon named zoy. But maybe would it be safer to let the landlord know so that the next people who will live there will be warned? Cause entities like that, although it didn't hurt you, could be dangerous. Have you felt anything strange since you moved? I would make sure it didn't follow you. Seek guidance from a medium if something pops up. Just to be sure no unwanted presence is still lingering about.

No doubt that house needs to be cleansed.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
12 years ago (2012-08-04)
newhunter - I just have one question right now. You said Jon's door was closed and locked, although it had been left wide open. How did y'all get in the room to get his keys?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: