You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Family Members And The Unknown 2

Real Ghost Stories

Family Members And The Unknown 2

 

I'm not sure if you've read my other story, but I think this is connected to those events. I'll start with the least prominent but most common occurrence. When I roll over to go to sleep, I'll feel like someone is sitting at the end of my bed, and I often feel some one in the room watching me. They've never done anything aggressive, it just startles me when it happens. I asked my mother about it and she said she was getting it too but it stopped for her when it started for me.

Once or twice when I've been laying down with all the lights off, I'll see a bright flash of light above my head. I've also been hearing tapping and footsteps when everyone in the house is sleeping. I know it's not my ferret because I recognise the sounds he makes in his cage.

My mother has also been seeing a shadowy figure/figures in her bedroom. I'm pretty sure it's my grandfather again, but I can't be sure. A few months ago we also had more of the candle flickering (read about that in my other story).

I'm not sure if this is anything, but for a really long time we've been getting phone calls and it's just static. I've heard that spirits can mess with electricals etc so could that be some thing too? I really thought that whoever was here last time had moved on. Apparently not.

I know my mother speaks to whoever it is because she thinks it's my grandfather, but couldn't that be kind of dangerous if it's not him?

Our family seems to attract things like this especially my mother. I don't think this spirit was in the house when we moved in 4 or 5 years ago. The house was probably built around the 60s or 70s.

So any advice is welcome as I've said before it's not like the spirit is bothering anyone much. He/she just tends to startle me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, falling_feathers, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
falling_feathers,

Thank you for the feedback. Confirmation/Validation are always nice. 😁

Respectfully,

Rook
falling_feathers (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
Hi Rook. While I was waiting for this story to be published I actually got in contact with a psychic. She confirmed that it is my grandfather.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
falling_feathers,

Thank you for sharing. One piece of advice that we suggest frequently is to 'go with your gut feeling' concerning the nature of a spirit or entity. If your Mother feels this 'presence' is your Grandfather (her Father?) Then the chances are pretty strong that it's him.

The flash of light, tapping and footsteps may simply be ways he's making his presence known.

Thanks for sharing this with us, please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: