You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Between Nightmares And Reality

Real Ghost Stories

Between Nightmares And Reality

 

At first I thought they were mere nightmares, until I could feel and see him. I rarely had beautiful dreams... But a month before my wedding, my nightmares started become more realistic and violent. It was a Wednesday night. I felt I opened my eyes and saw my curtains getting seeped in my window. I wanted to shout but I couldn't. I opened my mouth no sound came out. Then finally I woke up. It was 1.15 am. I tried calling my mother but I still couldn't say anything. I was so scared. Took up my phone and tried calling on home phone. I couldn't hear the phone ring. I started crying. I felt helpless. I also felt there was someone in my room. I called up my fiance. Luckily he picked up my call. I got back my voice. I asked him to call up my mother immediately. I was scared. A minute later the home phone rang. Mom answered and came to check on me.

My mother told me to sleep in her room. My brother called my mother too. We went to check on him too. He told my mother there was someone in his room too. Actually he had been seeing people in his room or anywhere since he was a kid. Anyway, we went to sleep in my parents room.

The next few days nothing happened. On Wednesday again, I had another nightmare. I saw a man sitting head bent on a chair. I went near and asked him what happened. He told me there was someone sitting on his head. I told him there was nothing. I asked me to touch it. When I touched that man I was sort of electrified. He started laughing and I woke up again. This time I couldn't move, I was as if paralysed. I couldn't shout. It was 1.15 am. I forced my mind to think of my gods, ganpati and shivji. I fought to free myself. My mother opened the door and all I could do was cry.

Next Wednesday, I had another nightmare. I dreamed someone wanted to harm me more. I could see a man in my dream. I decided to fight back. I was going to get married next week. I wanted to be free. I sat in the padmaassan pose (lotus pose) and tried to meditate and say om namaha shivaye... After a few chants my eyes opened. It was 1.15 pm. I was still dreaming, but what scared me the most was that I was sitting in the same way like I did in the nightmare. I called up my fiance and told him what happened. He told me to put on the hanumaan chalissa and to go to sleep.

The last Wednesday before my wedding I was scared to sleep in my room. We had a room which had two beds. I shared a bed with my niece aged 6 and my parents shared the other bed. I know I wasn't dreaming, and that I was wide awake. I saw a dark figure or shadow... I couldn't differentiate. He... (for some unknown reason I knew it was a man) was staring at me. I was again paralysed on bed. I tried shouting but couldn't. I tried waking up my niece... I tried moving my hand but ended planting my nails in my niece's arm. I tried shaking the bed. Suddenly, I don't know how but he moved really fast, he was saying something in my hear. I know he said something but all I could hear was some kind of whistling. And he disappeared. Mother woke up and my niece stared crying. She was bleeding on the arm.

My mother told me not to worry because after marriage everything will be okay (she thought changing homes would stop my nightmares). But she is wrong. He followed me.

I just discovered this site. I wanted to share and get some answers. I have so much more to say.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, siya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-09)
From the "Comments Guidelines":

"This site offers discussions on the topic of ghost experiences, with people coming from various cultures, so please avoid proselytizing or preaching, unless the author of a story specifically asks to receive feedback from that religious perspective. This site is not about religious beliefs, it is about actual personal paranormal experiences and exploring reality with an open and investigative mind so we can actually learn more about the paranormal, with the same empirical mind set that made science so successful in other fields. Religions have a lot of wisdom to offer in terms of personal spirituality, but they can also limit our knowledge of the world with old superstitions and unproven dogmas. It's fine to share what your religion has to offer as a possible explanation, but everyone has their own, they certainly don't come here to be converted, so please, don't push it on others as irrefutable fact."
christyjezz (2 posts)
-4
10 years ago (2014-01-09)
Dear friend... There is only one way to relief... Trust Jesus with full heart... Read psalms 91 in bible and meditate psalms 91:5.It will give you free... Just try... He will help u... Jesus is the only way!
AARisTHEbest (3 stories) (56 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-15)
Well first of all, are you still experiencing these?
Second of all, you might have sleep paralysis. Sleep paralysis is quite common.

Have you ever experienced anything paranormal NOT in your dream?

Charlotte x
krishounet (2 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-24)
hi Siya
Sounds like black magic to me. Are you still experiencing this? Sometimes some people are simply jealous of happiness in others house, I know it sounds like superstition but it is not always the case.
donato (1 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-07-04)
Notre père qui es aux cieux que ton nom soit sanctifié, que ton règne vienne, que ta volonté soit faite sur la terre comme au ciel Donne-nous aujourd'hui notre pain quotidien et pardonne-nous nos offenses comme nous pardonnons à nos débiteurs Et ne nous soumets pas à tentation, mais délivre-nous du mal amen... Prononcé ces paroles au nom du Christ et vous serez entendu...
Yovi (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-24)
Hello siya.
Well, frankly speaking, after reading your story, I really felt that it was pre-wedding jitters. You know, we girls always feel too nervous and tense with an upcoming marriage and we often experience things like this. Most of the time, it's our imagination. I can say that because I have three married sisters and each one of them faced a similar situation in the days leading to their wedding.
However, I also remember that my mother consulted a priest, who performed a 'Pooja' for my sisters and asked them to keep a special fast for Durga Maa and Shivji. Everything was back to normal and my sisters are living very very happily with their hubbies and kids. I will recommend you to consult a priest if this situation persists. And regular chanting of the Hanuman chalisa and Bajrang Baan with a pure heart destroys all evil. That I can say from my own experience.
Take care dear!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
siya,

When I first began reading your experience my first thought was the same as others...pre-wedding jitters causing vivid nightmares but then I noticed a trend in the times you were experiencing, 1:15am (twice) and 1:15pm (once). Based on my experience when things happen in threes there is a good chance the 'cosmos' is trying to deliver a message of some sort. You even said this about that final Wednesday...

"I saw a dark figure or shadow... I couldn't differentiate. He... (for some unknown reason I knew it was a man) was staring at me. I was again paralysed on bed. I tried shouting but couldn't. I tried waking up my niece... I tried moving my hand but ended planting my nails in my niece's arm. I tried shaking the bed. Suddenly, I don't know how but he moved really fast, he was saying something in my hear. I know he said something but all I could hear was some kind of whistling."

You may not have understood what this spirit said, it may even be a message for a later date, but if Numerology is applied to this it works out thusly...

1+1+5=7 and the number 7 represents...

Thought/consciousness. Spirit, observer

Perhaps a Priest can help you sort this out. Thank you for sharing, and please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
golden_swastika (3 stories) (16 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-05)
Forgive me for sneaking in again,

One thing I forgot to mention was that, I too have tried to scream, shout but simply it doesn't work. No matter how loud you shout your voice will not come out.

You are awake or half awake... You sense your surrounding, you see this darkish figure... You are so scared, but you cannot do anything but wait and hope it would fade away.

Just wanted to tell that my experiences were very very similar to Siya' but a wedding or something of that nature was not involved. And It has been happening for years.
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-05)
I hear you miracles I was going to ask the same question... Siya could it be that your nerves and emotions are being released through your dreams and as you are at such a massive turning point in your life maybe there is some spirit activity perhaps a lost friend/relative wanting you to know they are supporting you through such an important time. You said 'I wanted to shout but no sound came out' do you feel in life that you are not being heard perhaps in regards to the wedding? Please don't be offended by the personal nature of my comment I realise only you can fully know about your experiences and I hope your marriage will be a long and happy one ❤ ❤
golden_swastika (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-05)
[at] Siya,

I've been experiencing something similar
(Nightmares, Shadowy figures, not being able to move etc) for years now. So I understand what you mean. I know it's very scary when it happens.

Sometimes it happens very often and sometimes it doesn't happen for months. I know changing homes won't work, because I moved from Indian sub-continent to Europe but still this stuff continued to happen.

I don't know what it is. But whenever it happens I chant "Gayathri Mantra" in my mind, and then this thing slowly fades away, and I go back to sleep. This has been happening to me for so many times that now my mind chants this mantra like a reflex... When this happens.

This is my solution and it works for me. I suggest you to do the same, it should work for you too (Google "Gayathri Mantra" if you don't know).

Seek guidance and help from a priest or someone who knows these stuff. Also it is always a best if you pray before you go to bed.

Good Luck 😊

[at] Miracles51031
I don't think this has something to do with her marriage because I've had similar experience. But still you have a point. 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-05)
Siya - I have to ask this, and I apologize, were you having second thoughts about your upcoming marriage? For any reason at all, whether it was just pre-wedding jitters or "Is this the guy I really want to spend the rest of my life with?"

There really is a reason for me asking. And I am sorry for asking such a personal, and rude, question.
Cavellio (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-05)
Very scary moments! Try and ignore and don't give a reaction to the shadows. They should leave you alone then.

Cavellio
Ps hope your wedding went well:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: