You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Her Death, Then I Was Possessed

Real Ghost Stories

Her Death, Then I Was Possessed

 

First off this is the first time I'm sharing some of my experiences with the internet. Anyway I am a decedent from a medicine man, which could explain the stuff that's happened to me in my 17 years of living.

Well, today I am going to tell you about what I call the "shadow man." It all started when my great-grandmother died from unknown reasons and just to tell you I was the first to find her... Cold and stiff, pallid. It upsets me still. So after a couple of months of depression and "I don't care about anything anymore," I began to take notice to a presence watching me as I tried to sleep (and this was before my encounter with "Rain" or so he calls himself) but that's for another time.

This thing wasn't a friendly one because he made me moody and wanted me to kill myself, then I had the dream. I was at our church which was in ruins. This might be the good time to mention that we tore down our church to rebuild. I remember because my grandmother was there but she looked different. It was either her or her sister but anyway there was a huge dark shadow at one side of the ruins and I wanted to go to it, but she wouldn't let me. She cried for me to stop although I couldn't hear her. I saw the tears of frustration as I looked past her into this dark abyss like thing, I saw it.

I saw the shadow man. He leaned a bit forward just on the edge of the light and I saw what looked like a black horn shiny and sharp. I cried as my body flung itself toward the darkness, but she held me tight as she placed her rosary across my chest. I awoke so frightened and I told my mother who took me to a medicine women a month later as I got increasingly worse with suicidal thoughts and tantrums. The women, I'll call her Rose, she took one look at me and saw inside me. Rose then told me I have a demon inside of me. She also said that it's been feeding off me for awhile now. So came the days of eating salt and the mirrors vibrating, the crying out of nowhere and couldn't sleep. Her next visit was to tell me it left and the reason it left was because I cried after hiding my feelings for so long I made it leave.

So I believe I have been possessed and I still believe that the demons around my home are still there because our church, but we are rebuilding it now.

And if your wondering why I haven't seen my grandfather who is a medicine man, well I have never met him because some family issues. Also, when my grandmother passed it was on the day of my grandfather's birthday. He is deceased but I'll that experience another time. Thank you for reading. Please do comment on anything and questions if you have any.

Other hauntings by xBRabbitx

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xBRabbitx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Michore (30 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-12)
Hi rabbit, I hope I can help you with this, demons and the like make there homes at dark and decaying places, also wilderneses as well as dirty/filthy places. Wheter these places are phisicle/ mentally or spiritual.

One thing you can do is just to live clean and pure/positive. And I don't mean over doing it, just in a manner that you wil find peace.

Btw what type of person was your grandmother? From the looks of your dreams and the occurring events is seems like she was fighting this entity for a while now, and now that she's not there anymore nothing is there to protect you. Christians call people like that the "strong man" a person the demons or any evil entity has go through before thay can reach the family.

I know you don't want advice regarding religious things so I'm just stating some natural laws.

Regarding the problem you have now, just say nobody is alowed in my room unless I say so, I only welcome peace and order. Out load in your room. Its just setting up something like a boundary. For example its like saying to your family there's no fighting in my room, its a room of peace.

I really hope things start to work out for you
Aishling (1 stories) (35 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
I sat with my grans dead body holding her hand until people came to take her away. She was old but that didn't make it any better. I haven't been able to look at a body at a wake since not even my aunt who died cause its too upsetting. I still cry thinking about it and I can totally see how finding that would make you depressed especially if you were very young. If you think its no big deal then honestly that's pretty twisted. If you love someone it doesn't matter if its expected its still heart breaking.
I'm glad you were able to get all your emotions out and I hope you're doing better now.
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+4
12 years ago (2012-08-07)
Uhh, say what? So because my grandmother fought a long, hard, painful and ugly fight with cancer before she died, it's cool because she was old? Are you seriously for real with that bs? I don't care who you are (unless you're a heartless excuse for flesh) losing a family member old or young, is very painful. So to discount someone's feeling by saying "Suck it up, they were old and ragged anyway", is just tactless and distastful. Good grief.
alisonclare (1 stories) (3 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-08-07)
I'm sorry but to the people saying they don't understand why she's so upset because her grandmother was old, are you seriously so emotionless? When someone passes, no matter the age, if you have a bond with them then it's going to be difficult whether you come to terms with it or not, you morn on countless occasions and if you found a loved one dead, saw them, it would be extremely disturbing. It's easy to say "oh yeah whatever" but to experience it is a whole different thing. You never know until it happens to you.
PurplePanda (18 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
If I found a dead body, I'd be pretty upset. And I'm a loooong way from being a teenager.

Depression ranges from dysthymia, a mild depression where you can function but don't really enjoy life to clinical depression to being suicidal. None of it is much fun. I've experienced them all.

The poster describes feeling apathetic and feeling that he/she wanted to kill him/herself. Sounds like depression to me.

Just my 2ยข worth (might not even be worth that much).
showgirls1980 (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
herohead,

Are you a General Practitioner?
Have you ever suffered with depression?
Have you ever found a deceased family member?

So it's probably best not to make assumptions on this type of 'Mental Illness' as you clearly have NO idea what you are talking about.

Regards

Showgirls (Professionally diagnosed with depression and severe anxiety;)
herohead (2 stories) (61 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
Rook I'm sorry to hear about your wife.
But I did not say that it only was a disease, I just think the word depression has been used in a lot of phrases where it don't belong.
It is possible to be sad/down/drained etc. Without having a depression.

Regards Herohead.

Ps. Best wishes for your wife:-)
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
herohead,

With all due respect (?) My wife suffers from clinical depression... This has been confirmed to be caused by a chemical imbalance in her blood.

Depression is not always a 'disease' that can be treated by prescriptions. Depression can be a 'mental state' that an individual reaches if events in their life overwhelm them emotionally and the individual does not find a way to cope with them...It's not a virus...it's not a 'disease' to be treated by drugs... Not in every case. So please just...just...

You know what, I've been taught that if you can't say something nice, then say nothing at all...

Rook
herohead (2 stories) (61 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
To see a dead family member can be disturbing, I agree but since it was an old person and it was natural I really can't see why that should trigger depression.
Depression is a really nasty disease, and people are really good at diagnosing them selves... It is sad for the people that actually suffers from depression.

Hero
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
Apologies in advance for my bluntness...

Herohead,

You ask this..."why would you get a depression after seeing a dead person?"

Because it was her GRANDMOTHER! The O/P is the person who discovered that her GRANDMOTHER had passed away. I'd say that's a pretty good reason to get depressed.

XBRabbitx,

I think that a negative entity may have attached itself to you and helped 'feed' your depression because it thrived in that type of environment. After speaking with 'Rose' you were able to 'deal with / release you emotions' concerning finding your Grandmother in that manner and when you did the entity moved on as the 'environment' was no longer 'supportive' to it.

As far as seeing your Grandmother in your 'dream' and her keeping you from 'running' to the abyss you saw in that dream... Sounds like she may have prevented you from 'crossing that line' and in the process saved you from your depression.

Just an idea or two.

Respectfully,

Rook
PoliexterLy (2 stories) (92 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-05)
This whole story doesn't make sense to me! I'm having trouble trying to decipher it ๐Ÿ˜•
So 'Rose' somehow looked inside of you and saw the demon?
To be honest, the emotions you were experiencing sounds a little like PMS...
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-05)
It sounded like not only did she SEE a dead person, she was the one that found her dead. I could see how coming upon that unexpectedly could mess a kid up for a bit.
sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-05)
Too much sodium chloride kills, literally. I wouldn't suggest dieting primarily on salt, not for any reason. Crying expels salt from the body. So, it seems to me, also, that your crying may have in actuallity saved you.
I wish I knew this insightful "Rose". Learn what you can from your elders while they are around, or live to regret it, and regret it, and regret it some more.
You never know what you can learn. When you look (listen) with the right kind of eyes (ears); jewels are made glaringly obvious when before, for so long perhaps, it may have seemed only rubbish.
herohead (2 stories) (61 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-08-05)
Sounds like teen issues, and why would you get a depression after seeing a dead person?
BrokenTree (76 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-05)
This story is full of flying monkeys. Pallid? Dark abyss?
I don't get the "it left because I cried." From what I understand an emotionally unstable, young human is something akin to the Easy Bake Oven of Happiness for demons.
What the heck is "a decedent from a medicine man?"

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: