You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Ghostly Goings On

Real Ghost Stories

Ghostly Goings On

 

Haunted Stereo?

When I was around 14 I was playing a computer game called Alone in the dark (if any of you played these games years ago you'll know how scary they could be). My computer was on the landing at the top of the staircase and the only people in the house were me and my friend who was sitting right next to me at the time. Suddenly the stereo downstairs came on at full volume playing "Pretty Woman" by Roy Orbison. Needless to say both my friend and I were shocked and scared but we went downstairs and I turned off the stereo, we then proceeded to scour the house thinking that maybe someone had came home without us hearing them.

After searching the whole house and finding no one I had a look at the stereo to see if perhaps it had switched itself on from being on a timer but I couldn't find any way to turn it on with a timer, I could only set the timer to turn the stereo off. By this point we were well past being scared so we left the house and waited for my parents to return home.

After they got back I told them what had happened and basically they told me to stop being soft and just dismissed it although I did find out later that my Grandmother (on my father's side who died either before I was born or when I was very young since I don't remember her at all) had loved listening to Roy Orbison and especially the song "Pretty Woman." No idea if this qualifies as a paranormal experience but if not it's still pretty spooky.

The Old Man and the Gate

This is something my father told me a long time ago and I mentioned to him my posting it on this site and I asked him if it was true and he said that it was. Anyway when my dad was young he was walking home one night when he saw and old man sitting on a gate just watching him so my dad said "alright" (if you're from this area you will know well the 'head twist' that comes with it =p) but the man said nothing and my dad continued walking. The next day he was walking the same route but the man wasn't there, you may think that isn't strange but the gate the man had been sitting on wasn't there either.

Other hauntings by Valentine19

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Valentine19, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
The first thing that popped into my head about the old man and the fence was that maybe the fence might have removed due to a repair and your father might have not known.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
The man and the gate is strange but something that could easily have been mistaken perhaps, it being night and maybe the wrong area there are to many "what about this" scenarios regarding it. A little bit more info may help us, interesting though!

Electronic devices can be a touchy subject, electronic faults are quite a common thing, although the song title itself is a bit strange to come on when it is just you and your friend home, it may very well have been a sign from your Grandmother. 😊

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: