You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Breath - My First Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Breath - My First Experience

 

NOTE: The following ghost experience happened when I was about 11 or 12 years old, so only a few years ago. It was my first ghost experience, but my whole life I have felt different. I think I might be some kind of psychic, or something of that nature, because I always sense things, physically, and I also have visions, sometimes, of what ghosts look like, but I don't see them with my eyes. I like to think of it as seeing the ghosts with my senses, not my vision, like an image in my head. Sometimes I get other information like age, personality, spirit, etc. I love ghosts, and I only fear them if I have reason to.

On Christmas Eve 2009/10 (can't remember), I went to bed at 10:00pm to await my parents to put my Christmas presents in my stocking in my room. I have a lot of trouble sleeping generally, so it usually takes me around 2-4 hours to get to sleep. However, this night I got to sleep before 12:00am (very early for me!)

After sleeping for three and a half hours, quite deeply for me, I awoke at 3:30am. Instantly I felt a strange, cold pressure build up on my waist, and I sensed (for what seemed the first time ever) a presence, as though a person were there with me. I sat up, unafraid, only to feel normal paced breathing on my face. I put my hand out to it and felt the warm breathing in one particular spot on my palm. I was fascinated, and I stayed awake with him all night, but I could not see him.

I could tell a few things about him straight away. Things like his age and personality. I could tell he was older than 17, but younger than 20, that he meant no harm to me, and he was male. (Later on in the year, I tried using a Ouija board for the first time, with my eyes closed for accuracy, and it turned out everything I sensed was correct, and he was 19.)

I don't know why I wasn't scared at all, but come to think of it, I do remember, when I was little, I always felt something or someone with me. I was always a loner, even in playgroup. I was happy by myself, and when I would play, I would always feel like someone was with me. I never had an imaginary friend. If I did, wouldn't I have some kind of image of him/her?

Also, I have always been creative and open minded. I haven't sensed any ghosts in a while, though, so I am beginning to wonder whether I have sadly just lost my ability, being 14 now and all, or if I am not very in touch with myself anymore. I have sort of lost myself over the past few years, comparing myself to others, not accepting myself as I am, trying to lose weight on numerous occasions, and generally being influenced by others. I feel if I get to know myself again, I will sense ghosts again. I mean, I still do a bit, but not as much.

Anyone else have this problem? I'm really concerned, because I love ghosts, and I love supporting them and generally sensing them feels amazing (most of the time) I want my sensitivity how it was before.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, anonymous, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

anonymous (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
Thank you, and I understand why my 6th sense would be on the back burner when you come to mention all the changes that are happening lol and I will have fun cause i'm still young aha ๐Ÿ˜‰
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
anonymous: Your at that age where your body is going through a heap of changes, emotional and hormone wise are just the start of it. So it is no wonder the 6th sense side has been put on the back burner, imagine having to deal with all the pressures of being a teenager and having a full on psychic medium interaction with the spirit world as well haha you would be having a nervous breakdown before your 18 lol.
Seriously though just go with the flow and as already mentioned enjoy life, it is a fun age, have fun. Your gift will return to you when it is time.

You have also made Miracles the Mod on here very happy and with your Journal keeping! Keep up the good work! All the best to you. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
anonymous (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
LakotaWinyan - that was a really helpful message there, thanks ๐Ÿ˜Š and yeah, about my trying to lose weight, for the past two weeks I have been trying not to think about it and concentrate on something else. And aha my mum always says that the skinny girls' chocolate bars and sweets and everything like that they eat will catch up on them one day ๐Ÿ˜‰ I didn't know undernourishment weakened the 6th sense, but then again, I guess it weakens your whole body, so makes sense aha. Plus, if I am to do something to do with art in the future, what would I be? An artist who sells paintings and such, or;? The awkward thing is i'm well rounded in all my subjects, so it's hard to choose what to do aha i'm just taking geography, history, philosophy, applied art and french for GCSEs, so I was just going to see where that takes me...
LakotaWinyan (2 stories) (63 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
anonymous,
Don't worry about trying to lose weight. The undernourishment and negative thought cycles that result from it can block your 6th sense. Concentrate on a healthy balance of what you eat, as your body requires all of it to maintain itself in a healthy way. So french fries once a week, with a greasy burger (just an example) is just as necessary as a salad, chicken breast, and fruit in your diet. People are different sizes, and that is just normal.

Bear in mind that a lot of the thin or moderately thin women you see were obese as children/teens. Likewise, most of the adults who are obese that you see, were thin as children/teens. Pay no mind to other girls who are skinnier than you. If you're liking a boy who likes skinny girls, and you're not skinny enough for him, instead of trying to lose weight for him, realize he is shallow and someone 10 times better is going to come along and make you very happy!

Like everyone else said, yes, paranormal activity isn't a constant occurrence. Even if you have a spirit/entity with you all the time, they need to rest and build energy before they "show" themselves to you again!

It is good that you are not afraid.

And since you are into art, you should really devote yourself to it! You can use it to make a good life for yourself. And, if you should decide in the future to start a paranormal investigation company, you'll have the funds to back it from your art, and the time to investigate because you won't be working for a strict boss that will be demanding all of your time, but you will be your own boss. =-) Your journaling will come in handy for you if you do go that path (paranormal investigator).

Love to you hun.
LW
anonymous (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
Miracles51031 - ahaa, wow, 10 years! That's a long time! I love journalling, and I turn to my journal when I can't talk to anyone about a problem or something. I've kept a journal for about two years, bearing in mind i'm 14, and I don't understand why some people find it so hard to keep one! It's like, natural to me O.o lol it's my baby now... Aha ๐Ÿ˜‰
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
anonymous - yay! A journal! Bless your heart โค. Keep that up, it'll help keep you sane when you really start thinking you've lost your mind.

I've been keeping mine for 10 years now ๐Ÿ˜Š
anonymous (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
Wow I wasn't expecting such quick replies! Thank you BadJuuJuu, Fanny, Lilady4, MickeyN and sarah84, for your replies, and anyone else who replies, of course. I think you're right - I need to concentrate on life more, and MickeyN, you have a point there, that if we sensed ghost/paranormal activity all the time, we would go insane, aha. I will make an effort to concentrate on my own life, school, hobbies, etc. And step back from ghosts for a while, and then they might pop up again some time soon. ๐Ÿ˜Š I've had other experiences, too, by the way, if you'd like to hear them? I kept a journal of ghost experiences [that I ripped the pages out of because they were too private, and stuck them in my secret diary, ehe] and there were quite a few pages... Oh, and about a hobby, I like making things and art, and writing in my diary. I think that kind of stuff I enjoy is meant to be therapeutic, too, which is always good. ๐Ÿ˜ Also, MickeyN, I will check out your story now. ๐Ÿ˜Š
sarah84 (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
i am also 14 and I am extremly into the paranormal. I can do the things that you do about sensing spirits and knowing things about them. I have never experienced my 'physcicability' leave me as there are always paranormal things around me. I sense that you need to embrace who you are and do as BadJuuJuu said. The paranormal takes a huge part of my life but I don't let it get in the way of my life. I hope you can get your 'physicness' back on track. In the meantime, embrace life. You are beautiful.
Blessed be โค
MickeyN (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-05)
Activity won't always be happening. Sometimes there will be what I refer to as a dead period (which is where no activity happens) that can last for months or even a year. That's how it is with the activity in my house and also with a couple of my friends that are the same age as me and have paranormal experiences. It's not that you lost your ability-- there's going to be breaks in between the activity. Though I love my ghost, I'm pretty grateful for that, because constant activity would make me go insane. ๐Ÿ˜œ

Our stories aren't very similar, but I just wanted to say I thought it was kind of freaky that we're both teenagers of about the same age, we both had our first experience at eleven or twelve, and they were both posted at around the same time (mine was just posted on August 1st).

Anyways, I agree with BadJuuJuu. Enjoy life! The paranormal will probably come back. ๐Ÿ˜Š

-MickeyN
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-05)
I sense that you need to look after yourself before you look after these Spirits, so to speak. If you are to be psychic, you must take care of you first, you can't help Spirit if you die. Please feel free to email me (just click on my name and my email address is on my profile page), if you need to talk to someone. I do have to agree with Fanny and BadJuuJuu on this one, do not worry about what everyone else thinks and just be yourself, you are beautiful.
Love and Light, Rachel โค
Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-08-05)
I agree with BadJuuJuu.

I think it is great that you embrace your ability and that it doesn't scare you, but I feel that it is more important for you to develop relationships with people who are alive.

Stop comparing yourself to everyone else. You are the only you in the world. Why would you want to be anyone else? Embrace the things that make you, you and everythng else with fall into place.

If weight loss is a sincere concern of yours contact me at s.wingrove [at] ymail.com and I'll try to help you. I've recently lost 27lbs. No diet, just a lifestyle change. Having said that, weight is just a number on a scale. It doesn't define you! It should be about how you feel and not what anyone else thinks.

Sorry got way off topic there [at]

Best Fanny โค
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+5
12 years ago (2012-08-05)
At the risk of sounding insensitive, don't worry about it.
Right now forget about the ghosts, forget about the paranormal, develop other hobbies and interests. You're young, alive, and have a lot of opportunities ahead of you. Focus on school, focus on sports or band or whatever you enjoy. Collect stamps. Really anything positive. Just find a good outlet for your energy and enthusiasm.
Sometimes a person's 6th sense just needs a break. In time, you'll more than likely get it back. For now, just enjoy living.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: