You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Sarah And Her Stranger

Real Ghost Stories

Sarah And Her Stranger

 

This is the first experience of many that I will be posting to this site. While I was only a spectator of sorts, it revolves around the daughter of a friend of mine. My friend, whom we will refer to as Nicole, has a daughter that was 15 years old when I was staying with them.

This girl, Sarah, is a sweet person. Never misbehaves and always polite to every one, even though she has trouble with people at her school. Now I believe Sarah to be sensitive to some degree to the paranormal, even if she doesn't realize it herself.

Ok, on to the main topic. The guest room that I was staying in was opposite the bathroom and Sarah's room was in between the two. She always has her door open when she sleeps. One night in the first week that I had been staying there, I come out of the guest room to turn the television off because it was disturbing my rest and I see someone sitting in front of Sarah's computer with their back to the door playing one of her games. I step inside the room about to tell her to get to bed, you have school tomorrow, when I see Sarah in her bed sleeping. I then walk to the lounge room, thinking I had seen Nicole playing Sarah's computer. But when I reached the lounge room, I saw that Nicole was watching T.V.

After a short conversation with Nicole, I walk back to the guest room and hear Sarah talking. "What are you doing? The screen is too bright, you woke me up." Now, I acknowledge that what I did next was incredibly rude of me as a guest but I knew that Sarah didn't bring some one over and the only other person in the house unaccounted for is Sarah's three year old sister. I listened and watched through Sarah's doorway. Nothing else was said but I could see that she was awake and the other person was still there. I'm not sure if it was the computer screen manipulating the shadows to fall on the stranger or if the stranger was a shadow itself, but either way the stranger looked solid and masculine.

Sarah was awake and she was just staring at the stranger and the stranger stared back at her before getting up to lie beside Sarah in her bed. She told the stranger goodnight before closing her eyes and going to sleep herself.

I was feeling a little guilty for spying on this teenage girl (doesn't sound too good now does it?), so I retired to my own bed for the night.

I've seen this stranger following Sarah multiple times since that night, it never leaves the house though even when she leaves for school. I'm unsure as to what it might be, it just looks like a solid shadow, unbelievably tall too. Sarah never seems to be disturbed by it. Any feed back and advice would be welcome and questions will be answered. Thank you for reading this story and your comments are much appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Icarus_Blakely, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

jazzyq (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-20)
wow this is an amazing story does Sarah know who this spirit is or why it is with her?
Icarus_Blakely (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-17)
Thank you all for your advice. I apologise for replying so late but internet has been hard to come by lately.
I'll update.
I visited Nicole and Sarah. Before Sarah got home from school, Nicole and I went out for lunch. That is when I brought the subject up. She told me that Sarah has anxiety about her social status and that's why she could be talking to herself.
So I didn't get much of a response from Nicole. She basically ignored me when I said that I saw this entity with my own eyes.
Sarah gets home and some time later I'm asking her about school and friends. The entity walks in. Sarah admits that she only really has two friends and she gets picked on in class on a regular basis. She tells me that she just ignores it.
I turned the conversation to a supernatural topic. The entity takes a seat next to Sarah on the floor. We talk a bit more and she tells me of the entity. She tells me that it hasn't harmed her in any way. She told me that it doesn't talk but it still communicates with her with her. Sarah said that it just sort of puts what it wants to say into her head and its very similar to a normal conversation but without anyone talking aloud. I asked her if it has told her to do things that might be considered inhumane and she replied that it does not tell her to do anything.
Sarah has been very open with me about her entity. She has told me that she enjoys its company and vice versa. I kind of don't want to tell her to consider getting rid of it, it would make her unhappy and I wouldn't want to make the entity angry in case it decides to actually harm some one.
Jesse3 (3 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-10-06)
I'v read the story and the related comments and it sounds like the young lady has what is biblically know as a familiar spirit... Story from Act ch16

6 And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:

17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.

18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

As you can see Paul wasn't worried about this demon until it began to irritate him, then he sent it away.

Also Sarah, beware! This thing is a demon and can't be trusted to remain docile, I recommend having a deliverance minister send it away to not return.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
Icarus_Blakely,

It seems you have given the way to broach the subject yourself when you said...

"Nicole has been a really close friend since high school and back then she was a strong believer of the paranormal, now I'm not so sure."

That may be something you could ask her... Something along the lines of...

"Hey do you still believe in 'ghosts'? (the paranormal...'spirits') choose whatever word you feel you need to... If she asks why you can explain what you've been feeling... If she says yes you can ask her if she's felt anything in her home... And explain what you've felt...

At least that's how I'd bring it up...

As far as if the 'entity/spirit' is malevolent or not I'd wait to see how she responds to your questions. If she admits to feeling something in the home her 'experiences' can go a long way to help determine it's nature. Also... A number of us here on site often suggest that any individual goes with their 'gut feelings' when it comes to the nature of an 'entity/spirit'. Please keep us informed as to what happens and please feel free to ask any other questions you may have... If you feel the need to please contact me via my e-mail address on my profile.

Respectfully,

Rook
Starshipz (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
Hi! I think that maybe she has being seeing this ' spirit' for a while and is probably used to it now. Do you know if she has a lot of friends? If she doesn't have friends it may lead up to be her being lonely. I'm sure she would though since you said she was sweet.

❤ starshipz
Icarus_Blakely (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
Pjod: I have seen her go to school and this entity never followed her outside. In the back yard, I would see it with her and that is the only time that I would ever see it outside of the building.
When Sarah went out, this entity usually goes back to her room until she comes home. Other times, on occasion, it would stay in the hallway leading to the door.
Icarus_Blakely (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
Thank you, every one, for the feed back that you have provided.
Nicole has been a really close friend since high school and back then she was a strong believer of the paranormal, now I'm not so sure. She seems as if she ignoring this presence in her home.
Yes, I am a sensitive but I would rather not have anything to do with it directly but I would still like to have some of my questions answered.
Rook: I am visiting them soon and I would like to take up some advice as to how to bring the subject up and how to find out weather or not this entity is malevolent or not.
Loverofmusic15 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-09)
Well maybe she friends with this spirt it could be a family member or a old friend following her around but I would still keep a eye on her just in case I would try and set the ghost at peace if you could
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
I'm curious as to how you're sure this stranger doesn't follow her out of the house. Have you seen him in the home on other occasions?
reddysteady (5 stories) (95 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
I would seriously talk to the mother and gently bring up the question of, "So... What's up with your house? Have anything odd happen here?" You mention that the 'spirit' doesn't leave with Sarah when she leaves the property, so the likelihood of it being a protective spirit is pretty slim, in my opinion. Before trying to do anything about it, see if there's something the mother says to confirm what you see and what Sarah may (or may not be) conscious of experiencing. 😊

Love and light - and good luck!
Red
galleygal (3 stories) (150 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-07)
How close are you to this girl? I saw that you had no compunction about telling her to go to bed because it's late; do you have the authority to talk to her directly about this, as well?

Are you still staying with them? As a guest, are you comfortable involving yourself with (what sounds like) a family issue?

If you feel like you can, you might talk to the daughter first, try to gain her confidence and act as her friend as this sounds like it may be a sensitive subject.
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-07)
Rook: I was thinking about your cleansing method, and i'm curious if it will get rid of an evil spirit all the time.

Let's say that Sarah has an incubus, and she is madly in love with him, but he is actually evil. I wonder if the O/P could still make him go away with the cleansing. Kind of like Sarah's love for the spirit could actually shield the cleansing method (Just a thought).

Icarus_Blakely: I apologize for asking that question on your page. I really enjoyed the story though. I believe your sensitive as well, as the other posters have said. I agree with Rook, that you should approach Sarah about this. Thank you for sharing.

JS aka Brandon 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-07)
Icarus_Blakely,

The way you have shared this experience makes it sound as if you are more than a bit sensitive yourself.

The 'best' thing to do may be to talk with 'Sarah' about what you have seen, you need not mention your 'eves dropping' unless you have to, but this may go a long way to helping determine what/who this 'visitor' may be.

Note I said 'best' thing, not 'easiest'. You may want to talk to her mother as well, see if she's experienced anything 'odd' with-in the home as well.

This 'shadow' could be many things ranging from Guardian Angel to Incubus to Worse, there is just not enough information to make a determination on.

I know a good cleansing/shielding technique that is yours for the asking... And if used can help determine if this 'Spirit/Entity' is Malevolent or Benevolent. Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
PsychoNinjaLette23 (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
I know what this is, I just don't know what it is called. This happens to me and my brother allot. It is supposedly going to be attached to her for a long time, mine has never went away and neither has his, although my brother told me it is indeed a spirit but, it isn't harmful, its suppose to protect her from evil things like, other spirits, demons, and other like wise things that could harm her... Well, those were the only things he ever told me about it, unless it could be a spirit feeding off of her. I know this all sounds unreal but those are the two possible things it could be, so... I've heard, and I would appreciate some feed back! Hope this helps!

~PsychoNinjaLette23~ 😐 ❤ 😁
LindaG (3 stories) (32 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
Gee, I've never heard of this before. You could be right - she may be sensitive without realizing it. Maybe she is really asleep when she talks to this "guy". Can you tell what they are saying? Does anyone else see this person following her around? You sound pretty sensitive yourself. 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: