You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Unexplainable Scratches

Real Ghost Stories

Unexplainable Scratches

 

It was a friday night and I was staying the night with my best friend at the time. We went to sleep and not long after that I was passed out. In the middle of the night at some point I don't recall a particular time I felt the right side of my face burning. I remember waking up and rubbing my face not really thinking anything of it.

The next morning I woke up and went straight to the restroom like always, and when I looked in the mirror I saw something very strange, there was a scratch across the right side of my face. My first thought was what could it be? For one she doesn't have any animals that could have caused this, secondly I don't have nails to do this to my self, and neither did she.

Once I started thinking about it I remember feeling the burning sensation on my face in the middle of the night that something scratched me, but really not sure what could have caused it.

So the next night I stayed the night again, and when laying in the bed my friend and I were talking about how odd the scratch was so I just decided to try something. I said out loud "If whatever scratched me was someone I know or in my family scratch me again and let me know, but if it isn't scratch Lindsey (my friend) ".

Yeah it was throwing her under the bus a little but she went with it just fine. So the morning came and I went home. I walked straight to the bathroom and there it was the weirdest thing. I had a scratch across my forehead this time, I immediately called my friend to tell her that whatever we said last night worked, whatever did this listened to me. It was by far the strangest thing that has happened to me. I really have no idea who it could have been, or why they would want to physically hurt me like that. The first one I felt and it burned, the second one it didn't have a sting to it.

So I'm not really sure what to make of this experience, if anyone has any input on what they make think this was I'm willing to listen

Other hauntings by BrianaTaylor

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BrianaTaylor, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

eeary_123 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-28)
I have a lot of weird scratches on my arms and stomach and legs when I wake up and I'm thinking its the incubus that's been hunting me since I was 4 years old but I can't be sure but I do know one thing and that is if you want it to stop you gotta tell it to stop
NightKunoichi (2 stories) (14 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-18)
I agree with some of the others posted on here. It could simply be an allergy, and even with nonexistent nails, you could still scratch yourself.

But on the spirit note, if it was a ghost, you should NEVER encourage something to inflict harm upon your person or your friend like that. That could make things worse.
BrianaTaylor (2 stories) (7 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-09)
I'm sorry to any of you if I came across disrespectful or rude I didn't mean too. I'm just trying to figure out what it really was.

😕
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-09)
Briana,
I didn't mean you had a reaction to the feathers, if it was a feather pillow, the feathers can be sharp at the bottom. My daughter scratched her face and neck from them poking through the linens as she slept.
Tiny pointed sharp ends.

Jav
galleygal (3 stories) (150 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-09)
Hi briana,

For what its worth, in my case it's not a matter of whether or not I believe you, it's a matter or probabilities. A ghost is possible, but a late-onset allergy is probable. I outgrew my tomato allergy and later I developed an allergy to some weed that grows in California. I lived there for years before it developed! So you really could have just lately developed a sensitivity.
BrianaTaylor (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-09)
Thing is I've stayed over there so many times and I've never had a reaction to anything. It wasn't normal whatever it was. It looked just like a cat scratch, and it's just weird that it happened and then the following night I made that comment and it happened again. I don't know people can believe or not believe. But I don't think by any means it was a reaction to anything.
xnikkibobikkix (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
Hi there - I must agree with Jav - I have woken up a few times with scratches on my face/body; it was most definately the feather pillows and blanket I was using. I as well was a little preturbed at first until I investigated my bed and saw the end of a feather sticking through my pillow - it was rather sharp and most definitly what caused those scratches on me.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
BrianaTaylor,
My daughter had something similar happen as well. Hers turned out to be the feather pillows.
Because this wasn't in your home, where you are most comfortable, I would not be so quick to jump on that paranormal train. If you are mistaken at all about how this occurred, you may be laying some very intense problems in the lap of innocent friends. Some people completely freak out about these things. The moving expenses could be enormous if they are the type that upset easily. It should be noted here that there are many other ways for a scratch to appear on your body, it is not in a place you cannot easily reach either, like your back. I am very skeptical about this being of a paranormal nature.

Jav
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
I must say that all of the other posters have legit reasons for the scratches that you had. First off, you wouldn't necessarily have to be allergic to an animal to get redness from a scratch. (Immune system response to an infection). But, as a person who has suffered different "injuries" during the night, I believe you. Have you had any other experiences such as this other than at your friend's house? Do you remember if you were having any dreams or nightmares during the night?

Thanks, zeta.
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
Honestly, I would have to agree with galleygal at this point. When you woke up and rubbed your face, it's possible that you had something there already and it got irritated after the rub. If you are allergic to the linens and were sleeping on that side, it would also account for the burning sensation.
At this point, it couldn't hurt to see if you might be allergic to the detergent or fabric softener. Not trying to debunk you, but an allergic reaction would be the first thing I would try and rule out. Good Luck
galleygal (3 stories) (150 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
Hi Briana,

A person can't know if they're allergic or just sensitive to something unless they have had an allergen series done or experienced a reaction, and it sounds as though you had a reaction. And they range from rashes and hives to scratches, such as you describe.

If you're disturbed by the idea that a ghost is responsible, make a simple test by borrowing your friend's linens to sleep with in your own bed for a couple of nights and see if anything happens. It can't hurt to rule out certain possibilities!
BrianaTaylor (2 stories) (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
With all respect galleygal I don't think I had an allergic reaction so anything, because I'm not allergic to anything. But the reason why I think this is because I have animals and I'm very familiar with what scratches look like and they favored those of a cats which like I said it strange because she doesn't have any animals.
As to Soulless I'm with you on finding it hard to believe a family memeber woudl do this. Whatever did scratch me both times obviously had something to do with me as to me saying what I did the following night and waking up with another scratch. I'm still not sure what to make of it. 😕
JESUSsaves573 (1 posts)
-4
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
Youtube-
They Sold Their Souls For Music... Religion kills but Jesus saves
SoullessMuffinz (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-07)
That would be really odd if a family member or someone you knew would do that, especially if it was at your friend's house rather than your own. I think it'd be more likely to be an evil presence that lied to confuse you. I could be wrong, but it just seems more likely.

Plus, whatever it was scratched you to hurt you, maybe they didn't want to hurt your friend which might be why they scratched you. I just find it hard to believe that someone you know or a family member would do that to you, unless you have enemies.
galleygal (3 stories) (150 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-07)
It could have been something spooky, or you might have had a reaction to your friend's laundry detergent, or to the linen's blend.

When I was younger, I would do dishes after a spaghetti dinner, and the tomato sauce coming off the plates would raise welts on my arms; burning, mean-looking gouges that made scratches look like nothing.

I'm glad I outgrew that.

So, that may be worth investigating.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: