You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Increase In Activity

Real Ghost Stories

Increase In Activity

 

I have lived in this house for the past seven years. It is an older house and has seen a tragedy, (someone committed suicide in the garage). Even with this there hasn't been much phenomenon until recently. There have always been the strange noises, whispers you catch, odd shadows you see in the corner of your eye. Now though, it has grown more intense, and much more frequent.

My mother, a very sensible woman was the first one to start to experience the increase in activity. She was lying in bed when something woke her; she rolled over, and then heard a deep sigh. She looked towards the foot of her bed to see a shadow figure standing there, which soon disappeared after she saw it. She has also heard people calling her name. We have lived here and are very used to the natural sound of the house, and she was very adamant that it was a very human sound.

Then my younger sister started experiencing things. My mother and I left her alone because we were going for a quick trip to the grocery store. When we returned we found my sister sitting on the porch, refusing to go back inside. She franticly told us what had happened, she was truly scared, and my sister is a pretty level headed girl. She said she was sitting in the living room watching TV when she heard her TV come on, (this has also happened to me, I've had my TV come on randomly, turn off randomly, my radio turn off and on by itself) so she went to turn it off. As she walked down the hallway to her room she heard people talking in the basement, (you have to pass the basement stairs to get the bed rooms). She was home alone so this by itself was scary. She walked down the basement stairs, she says that the voices were very clear and the 'people' started to argue and get very loud and angry. Once she got to the basement she turned to face the finished portion, the door was open and there were apparitions, then the door slammed shut, and with that she commenced to run out of the house.

My experiences were the last to start. It was late, everyone else was asleep (I could hear them snoring). I got in the shower, and as soon as I turned the water on I heard the door handle start to rattle like someone was trying to get in (the door was locked). I looked around the curtain and the door handle was moving, I got out, opened the door, no one was there. So I got back in the shower, and the handle started rattling again, and I checked, I did this multiple times. No one was ever there, I even asked my sister and mother if they were up, both denied even being awake, which I believe because I could hear them snoring.

The amount of seeing shadow figure has greatly increased, and the feeling in the house in general has changed. It feels more suppressed, darker. The only room that I feel like I'm not being watched or threatened is my own room; I burn a lot of lavender and sage and cedar incense and things so that could be why.

There hasn't been anything that's happened in the family and we're not renovating, so I would like to know why all of a sudden things are starting to happen.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ycharley, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

paranormalobserver (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-19)
Hey Ycharley, this sounds like an active haunting. If you are interested in getting help or an opinion from John Zaffis please email your contact info to helpthehaunted [at] gmail.com. Thx!
Ycharley (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-19)
Well, to Dabear, I was originally Christian, I wasn't spirituality satisfied, so I searched through many religions until I found one that makes me feel whole. The spirit doesn't scare or really even both me when I'm in other rooms, the only people it has started scaring is my atheist 13 years old sister, and my Christian mother. There is the feelings as I mentioned, but I don't fear it, I have deep belief in my faith and its protection from attacks. I will be eighteen in a few months.

I could see that the increase could be due to poltergeist mostly coming from my sister, she is going through that weird finding where she belongs and what she believes stage.

The entire house has been blessed twice, but I am not allowed to burn sage of anything else anywhere other then my room, orders of my mother. She believes that Wicca is evil, but to keep peace, she allows me to practice in my room and outside. I'm very careful about cleansing myself before I come back inside, and as a Wicca, I don't practice dark magic. I'm completely comfortable in my faith, and honestly don't plan on changing it. I feel more protected, and feel as if I understand more as a Wiccan then I ever did as a Christian.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
Like newhunter said, follow rook's method of cleansing the house. This is important. Practice it in all the rooms including the basement. Have a protective shield around you. Don't appear to be scared and you can ask you mom and sister also to be bold enough. It is true that as Victoria told the spirits get their activities heightened due to your fear and that the fear feeds their activities. Be bold. Follow the cleansing methods. God be with you. Great narration and your sister is really bold. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

SDS
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
I would guess the reason your room feels safer is from burning sage. I would recommend cleansing your house if you all are uncomfortable. This is a guide that I borrowed from Rookdygin to share with you.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)
Dabear (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
Sweetie, I have had my fair share of paranormal exp due to dabbling in the occult, which became a lot worse after I was saved. My husband just got saved and the exp are acting up again. There is a literal battle in my home. Now I know for a fact that witchcraft and all that stuff is real, but it's a very dangerous road to gO down. Stay on the safe side, accept Christ as your savior and you have authority over all of it! If your not A believer, just try commanding these things to leave in the name of Jesus. It will work initially, but you may anger them, so it's best to be saved And ask for the holy spirit because you can take authority over them, bind them, command them to go, and ask God for warrior angels to protect your home. Please don't try anything that you don't understand very well, ESP any kind of witchcraft, it never pays off!
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
Wow I give it up to your sister for having the courage to walk down the basement steps, considering she was so frightened already.

Zeta.
galleygal (3 stories) (150 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
Here goes some wild speculation on my part:

You are a teenager, according to your title. I'm guessing that your younger sister is too then, because you probably wouldn't leave a kid younger than 12 alone while you went shopping?

If your sister or maybe both of you are pre- or actually pubescent, perhaps you are the cause of the disturbances, ala poltergeist-style?

The teen years are a time with a lot of neuronal changes. Lots of redundant brain cells are thinned out and certain hormones kick into gear. I believe that neuronal activity can be projected outward and take form in the manners which you describe.

It doesn't have to, everyone is different. But it may explain the recent increase in activity in your home.
Victoria_M (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
I'm not an expert, but there could be quite a few reasons it has heightened recently.

It sounds like you could have a mixture of angry/unsettled spirits as well as "friendly" ones. Angry spirits WILL feed off of your fear.

They could have heightened more recently, like ashville stated, because you've been more in tune with it all.

Also, when spirits need a haven, home, or want to find someone to help them to move on they can follow you from almost anywhere you have been into your home if they feel you can sense them or have any heightened sense for their being. Ignoring them doesn't always make them go away, sometimes it worsens the conditions, so I wouldn't recommend that route.

My best friend is a spiritualist, she has helped me rid of my houses & rental homes for years of spirits. What has worked for me, & seems to be working for your room, is the burning of sage & other incense. Sage is your best bet. Open your front door. Burn your sage as you walk around the house, waving the scent around EACH & EVERY room, including closets, hallways, basements, etc. Ask them to leave & tell them they're not welcome into your home any longer, be sure to trace around windows & doors as you do so. Lead them out to the front door after you've gotten every single room. Then sprinkle sea salt on your window sills. It keeps evil spirits from returning. I suggest you burn sage in your home once every month or couple of months. (: Hope this helps.
ashville (3 stories) (42 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
Hey Ycharley, interesting account. Sounds like things are increasing, and obviously must be unsetteling that you are feeling that things are getting a bit darker in the house. I'm not an expert... But perhaps you guys are more aware of it recently, and now with every encounter, you think about it more, which could allow things to manifest deeper... Like your sister getting really spooked by it. From what I understand, something is unsettled, and from reading what happened, I'm sure they are desperately looking for rest... (by the apperation at the foot of your moms bed, tv on and off) sounds like, they want help... But it is strange that nothing has really been that active for the last 7 years, only now...

Thats my 5c... I'm sure someone will have the right advice here for you though. Take care.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: