You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Hand That Grabbed Me In The Dark

Real Ghost Stories

Hand That Grabbed Me In The Dark

 

Before I narrate my ghost story you must first know our family profile. This is relevant to my story. I have 3 sisters at this time, my two other siblings are not yet born. Basically my father is the only male in our family. We don't have any other relative living with us so it's just us staying in the house. My father is a chain smoker. He always has with him a lighter and every time there's a power interruption, he would always put out his lighter and light it for us to see where to get the candles.

My experience happened when I was 5 years old. We were gathered all together while watching television, when suddenly there was a power interruption. A man with big hands grabbed my wrist and was pulling me towards him into my room. I can still remember his hands. It was big and a bit hairy and his voice is the same as my father. At first I thought it was just my father pulling me because he doesn't want me to harm myself in the dark, but I can sense some impatience in his voice while saying "come here," totally not my father. My suspicions grew more when I realize that my father was not seated beside me before the power interruption.

I almost faint when suddenly I saw a lighter been light at the far corner of the house far from me and I hear my father's voice looking for some candles. I gather all my strength to release my wrist from whoever is grabbing it and I ran as far as I could away from that position. After I manage to break loose from the grip, the power suddenly came back.

It was a puzzle for me until now whose hands are those and what will happen if ever it succeeded in pulling me towards my room. Whatever his intentions were I know it's not good and I don't want to know.

After some time we moved to a different house, far from our previous house. My sister told me that a medium who is a friend of my cousin, who is currently staying in our old house, visited the place. She found out that in my room, where my bed is located, was a "portal". We don't know where it leads to but she said spirits go in and out through that portal. Totally scary! Maybe that's the reason why I always get nightmares in that room.

Other hauntings by ganda_cnd

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ganda_cnd, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

karpkarpkarpmagikarp (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-22)
good thing you moved out. Having a portal right where you live is something, nakakaloka. Hehe!
LakotaWinyan (2 stories) (63 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
Wow! I believe if something like that happened to me, I'd start screaming my head off at 4 or 5 years old!

Growing up I'd heard loads of stories of people, generally young girls and/or young women, being dragged off to another world.

So glad you had the strength to escape!

I've been in plenty of houses that had some sort of gate/portal open. Maybe one day I'll get the courage to share some of my experiences on here!

My husband's line of work has him dealing with the paranormal and people on a pretty regular basis. He has a lot to tell. I just can't get him to sign up and share. He thinks I'm crazy at wanting to read about people's experiences with the paranormal. Lol!

I bet you are glad to be away from that house! I would be! That is terrifying, and yes I agree with you, hopefully the spirit/being from that other world won't come back to claim you as his. Hopefully you'll get to meet someone human that you can love (and nag) and be happy and grow old with!

Thank you for sharing your account! Please feel free to post more!
Kiittiie (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
I can relate, although maybe not in a way that's as life threatening.

Do you ever feel as though there's something surrounding you? Something similar to that being?
ganda_cnd (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
Thank you for all your enthusiast regarding my story, actually I was happy and relieved that we moved out from that house.

After that incident I remember I slept in that room until the time we moved out. I don't have any choice, our house is small I don't have any room to sleep and I don't want to tell my parents about it because they won't believe me so I endure it.

I always get nightmares in that house. One night I dreamed that there are people chasing me. I was so scared, I kept on running and running until I reach a church. I went inside the church and I pray so hard for those who are chasing me to stop. They did stop but they made a promise that when I grew up they will get me and claim me as theirs. So far my dream haven't come true, I try not to think about it so much because it might drive me crazy.

I have a lot of scary and unexplained experiences in that house but that's for my new story to be posted here
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
Ganda, what an experience. I just want to ask you whether you slept in that room even after that experience, that night and subsequently until you vacated the house. Did you feel anything else apart from the nightmares like movement of objects or being watched etc. If it is, please share with us.

Thanks for informing us your experience.

Regards,

SDS
macdouk (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
It has always been a fear of mine to be grabbed in the dark or by the unknown. I would have freaked out!
GabrielladeLioncourt (5 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
Thats really creepy!

Did anything else ever hapen in that house? I would be thrilled to read some more. I hope where you are now, you can live stress free and without fear 😊

All the best ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: