You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Doppleganger Tells Me To Shut Up

Real Ghost Stories

Doppleganger Tells Me To Shut Up

 

Here is a story, so I was in the living room watching TV and right beside our couch is a chess table. Two of my cousins were playing chess and were both getting angry at each other so they decide to shout at each other. Being the mature teenager I am, I go up to them and I also tell them to shut up, not knowing my voice was beginning to get too loud. Across the table, there is another sofa set where my aunt usually entertains her guests. For some reason, she calls out my name. I immediately direct my attention to where I heard her, and surprisingly saw her laying on the couch facing the chess table, all dressed up like she is going to work, and looking happy. She says softly, "Sofia can you turn your argument down a bit? It's kind of getting a little noisy, okay?" I nod in respect and I tell the two cousins of mine to shut up.

Jason, the observant one, begins to question me and my security upon reprimanding them. He says, "How can you say she told us to be quiet? She isn't even here!" I get a little annoyed so I point to the couch where I last saw her, but I can still see her. Trying to show him, I even told her to wave hi, and she did. Jason, still not believing me, asks me to come near the couch. We start walking slowly and as I get near, the figure begins to fade. Now this gave me the goosebumps. It turns out my aunt has not even arrived from her work.

I asked my mom if there were any ghosts in our house or if anyone had died here or any relatives that look like my aunt. She says that they had an aunt who looked a lot like my aunt, and she did not like noise as well.

Anyhow, we have tons of ghosts in our house (metaphorically speaking). But they are all nice. I have more stories to tell, but too lazy to type. So haha, thank for reading ya'll!:)

Other hauntings by HolyCow

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HolyCow, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GreyFeather (44 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-16)
When I read Doppleganger, I was concerned for your safety. Fortunately for you it was just a ghost. If it truly was a doppleganger, you would definitely not be ending your story with a smile. Good to know your alright. You should cleanse your house with sage so any bad energies will clear. Good energies will like it.
GabrielladeLioncourt (5 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
[at] Holycow
I understand what you mean 😊!
But sometimes this type of gift could also be a curse. Watch out 😲

All the best ❤
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
Nice narration. As you said in your comments, it is good that you have an extra sensitivity towards spirits and gab and you share the same sort of experience. Great. Keep sharing your other experiences to us.

Regards,

SDS
HolyCow (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
[at] Javelina: Yup! She literally did, and she was even smiling... It would be cool if I ever developed that sensitivity or ESP thing, wish I could... But I guess it was a one time thing though because this happened about a couple of years ago, but I am pretty happy that I got the chance to experience it and to be able to share my stories as well;)

[at] GabrielladeLioncourt: Oh hey cool! 😁 At most you get to share your experiences as well, I feel kind of blessed knowing that we both experience things most people can't lol...
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
She waved when you asked her to wave? Wow! That's a pretty big deal in my book. It essentially eliminates the possibility of it being a residual image, and pretty much sets this into the Intelligent haunting category. How very cool for you! And too bad the others couldn't see her as well though. That's another thing to consider here. If you are able to see her when others cannot, you may developing a sensitivity to spirits. OR it could have been just a one time deal. I guess time will tell.

Jav
GabrielladeLioncourt (5 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
Same thing hapenned with me once.

I was coming back home from a day of shopping. So I go in and see my father watching television. So I immidietly said hi like I usualy do and he just stared at me and lifted his hand to say hi. He never said a word wich I thought was weird, but I just shrugged it off thinking he was in a bad mood. So I go into my room right after saying Hi and my dad was in my room fixing my computer that earlier had problems. Immidietly I ran to the living room to see if watever was there left. And it did. I was so confused and scared. This hapenned 2 times, But the second time my father wasn't even home. So weird...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: