You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Frightening Ouija Board Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Frightening Ouija Board Experience

 

My second most frightening paranormal experience happened with my ex boyfriend's brother. We were having a campfire at their step-dad's place; he lives on a farm so there is lots of forest around us as well as a large barn. The campfire was in-between the forest edge and the barn. My boyfriend at the time had gone to bed and me and A were chatting by the fire. I was telling him about my paranormal experiences, he was very interested in the unknown but had never experienced anything until that night. Upon further discussion of ghosts, he had asked me if I had used a Ouija board before. I replied yes but had never found them to work. He had one inside the house and wanted to know if I was open to using it. I agreed. He wished to try and contact his mother who had passed 5 years prior; she had also lived in the house we were at with their step-dad before she passed.

We took the board outside by the campfire; we used a shot glass as the 'oracle'. At first we attempted to use it with no luck; asking many questions, waiting for anything to happen. We messed with it for probably 15 or 20 minutes before the bang of thunder startled us. This was also weird because it was a clear night, completely clear and even when the thunder came there was not a cloud in the sky. Anyways, after the thunder happened, A freaked out and jumped away from the board. I also pulled away from the board and asked him what was wrong; he said that when he closed his eyes he saw a very vivid image of his mother, just for a split second. Just as he finished telling me that we both looked at the Ouija board and the shot glass was spinning. No one was touching it. Heck we both were about 2 feet away from the whole board itself when suddenly the glass flew into the woods; this is when we ran.

We started running towards the house until the pouring rain started; it came out of no where. So we both began running to the barn instead because it was closer. Upon reaching the barn we realized that there was no power. Initially I thought it was because of the rain, HOWEVER the power was still on at the house because we could see the lights on. We obviously ran to the house at that point. When we got in we tried to calm down in the kitchen, but then suddenly we heard music blasting from the basement. The stereo had turned on itself as no one was down there; the stereo happened to belong to his mother. My boyfriend at the time got up and wondered what was going on and we told him the story; we all stayed up all night after that.

I refuse to use a Ouija board now; I won't even bring one into my home. Which also leads me to think about something my aunt told me long ago (this is unrelated to my above story) - she always told me to never ever ever use a Ouija board. I always had an interest in the paranormal since I was little and wanted one - she warned me to never use one but when I asked her why, she said I was too young to hear and that she would tell me her story when I was a bit older. Unfortunately she passed away 10 years ago and I never got to find out what her story was, but I definitely won't be using a Ouija board anymore, I should have listened to her then.

I know this ending was a little off topic but ever since that experience it has plagued me that I never got to find out my aunts experience, I asked my mom but she doesn't even know.

Other hauntings by xnikkibobikkix

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xnikkibobikkix, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Blinky (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-20)
Well this might be a little out there but do you think that even though your aunt passed away she could have been watching over you? Maybe when she saw you using the board she thought she would drive the point home to never use one by scaring you two half to death?

Just a little something to think about! 😁
xnikkibobikkix (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-16)
Shelby; Something big must have occurred on both our parts (my aunt and your grandmother) for them to not want to tell us. You are probably right with your situation; it must have relayed something very personal. Perhaps it's so personal that your mother doesn't think it's appropriate for even you to know - very puzzling. I hope you find out at some point!

Reaper; I will most certainly read the rest of your experiences and help where I can:) Can't wait to hear about your Ouija one!
Reaper666343 (9 stories) (36 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
wow I have had a similar experience wit ha Ouija board and I do not want to use one again, I want to thank you for your input on my one story and if you want to check out my others including my Ouija board one take a look at my profile, I would love to hear what you have to say about some of my other experiences:)

Cheers

Reaper
shelby123 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
that's really funny about the aunt's experience with the ouija board because the same happen to my grandmother my mom told me about this and won't speak of it again she just's keeps saying it told her only something she would know so I was thinking maybe about a family member? Or a secret? I don't really know 😕
xnikkibobikkix (3 stories) (16 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
Haha thanks Jav - your right, I don't need more warnings to stay away from those boards - I got a big one that night. But yes, I do hope people read this experience and learn from my mistake. I solemnly swear to NEVER use a Ouija board again and everyone else should too:P

Thank you for reading:)
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
Really scary experience xnikkibobikkix. I would have probably had a heart attack were I to be in your position. Good thing that you decided not to use the Ouija Board. After reading your experience, I hope that the youngsters and new-comers to this site would be warned about using Ouija Board. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

SDS
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
xnikkibobikkix,
Guess what I'm NOT going to say? Seriously... You write about your experience and you emphasize throughout how you will never use one of those things again. This I can understand, I read what it was you had written. This was an example of why never to use one. That was the purpose of sharing this with others. I get it. No problem.
What always astounds me about these stories are the long string of comments telling the author to NEVER use one of those boards. The author writes it up as a cautionary experience, in the hopes others might benefit from their experience and not try one themselves. Only to be told, ad nauseum, not to do it. This has occurred time and time again. It's like a game of tag where all players have to touch base just to let everyone know they have done it. I am wondering if this commenting without reading first has spread to any other category here?
Folks, read the words on the page. Understand those words. Don't repeat the warning to the person who wrote the story to give the warning in the first place. It's counter productive.
Sorry about the rant xnikkibobikkix, but all these warnings to you really do look silly.

Thank you for sharing.

Jav 😊
Abinnn (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
I agre withe the other posters too... Ouija boasd is not good to experiment with. I remember an incident when my friend used ouija board and had really bad experience, which she never wished to talk about. I wonder what happened?
Anyways, thanks for sharing your experience with us...

Abin.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
sky4net, I think that's the best analogy I've ever heard for a Ouija board.
O/P, the weather is interesting. Storms cause a lot of excess energy and it's possible that whatever made contact with you through the board used the excess energy to manifest more strongly. I'm glad that this experience made you avoid Ouija boards, although I'm sorry yall got the bejeezus scared out of you.
xnikkibobikkix (3 stories) (16 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
I completely agree with all the posters on here - Ouija boards are not good. I learned my lesson that's for sure. Sky4net does make a great point though, it is very much like the internet these days; you never know who you are 'talking to' or 'contacting'. I am quite certain that whatever entity was there that night, it was most certainly not their mother. I doubt the experience would have went this way if it was her.

Reddysteady, you are much smarter than I was to have listened to your grandmother - she obviously had some experiences of her own as well.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
sky4net,
When I read your comment, I quickly jumped to a "oh young folks these days, and their social media" thought; but by the time I read all of the comments, I believe you have pretty much hit the nail on the head. Using a Ouija is almost identical to cruisng the internet without a common sense filter... You might meet some nice people, you might catch up to someone you haven't heard from in forever, but more than likely you are going to run across some creep who isn't who they claim to be... And if you let them into your life, you will wish you hadn't very soon.

Lou
reddysteady (5 stories) (95 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
When I was young, my paternal Grandmother also warned me away from Ouija boards. I could tell by how serious she was that this was not advise to take lightly, and never have - your experience is a prime example of why. After having read and heard many negative Ouija stories from people, I had to draw the following theory:

The spirits/energies that come through these devises sense our curiousity and our eagerness to make contact with the "other side". As such, tricksters, negatives, malicious energies take advantage and use what humans deem as a "portal" as an excuse to ruffle our feathers. In other words, I think a lot of the time, these energies take the open opportunity to be d!cks and bullies. It's just a thought, maybe a silly/cynical one, but I think it often.

Anywho... Thank you for sharing with us! 😆
ivory (9 stories) (77 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
i also agree. Ouija board even improvised one pose a threat of calling out negative entity.
GemmaAndLeigh (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
I totally agree with your aunt, ouija boards shouldn't be messed around with. Your story freaked me out.
sky4net (1 stories) (2 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
I'm not 100%, but I think the negativity to using a ouija board is, and to put it in modern terms, its like having a completely open profile on facebook, anyone can view it and add what they like. In this case any spirit can come through, good or bad. Although in many instances you may get the spirit you are after, it is not supposed to always be the case. Perhaps your aunt had an experience with a 'bad' spirit via a ouija board and knew the potential risks.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: