You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Let Me In

Real Ghost Stories

Let Me In

 

This happened just about a year ago. My mum had gone out to pick up my brothers from school and I was alone in the house. I was sitting drawing at the kitchen table when I heard this really loud knocking. Then someone called out my name, and then said "let me in", in a really cliched thin waily ghost voice. I went and unlocked the door and peered out and called "mum?". No-one was there and it scared me stiff. I'd never hallucinated or heard things before in my life so this was really frightening. I just went back to the kitchen and carried on drawing. I told mum about it when she got home and she was freaked out too. Do you think it could have been sort of an echo of my mum? And no, she is not dead, before you ask. She is in perfect health.

And another thing - I keep seeing things out of the corner of my eyes. Like I'll turn round and see a face peering round the corner. I'll bend down and see a streak of white flick past me. It's scary. I'm becoming paranoid, always checking behind me and stuff. And my house is really, really old - I think it's Tudor. I'm getting really, really freaked out. I keep hearing footsteps in rooms I know are empty, especially at night. I can't even go up to the very top room in the house without feeling watched. It's like one of those old horror movies - footsteps, weird voices, then a ghost with a machete appears (though that hasn't happened yet). I keep checking behind the bathroom door and stuff because I'm so scared. And the lights in the sitting room keep flicking on and off and weird moments.

Please leave a comment - I really need some help!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Monkey99, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ivory (9 stories) (77 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-12)
wow jav that is good info. Hahaha it happened to me often and I always ignore it, thinking that some 'unseen' is just want to be noticed. I will never knew that such term for it exists. SLIder, nice term.
Kiittiie (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
[at] Jav - I have met a few people who claim it happens but I suppose I'm rather skeptical about things like this because no one seems to be able to back it up with a story that makes sense.

It's always been something that's bothered me. You can't just type in ''100 reasons why the street lights turn off when I'm driving/walking past''. 😆
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
You're very welcome Kiittiie. The funny thing is that just last month I brought this link up on another thread and you wouldn't believe how many people stopped for a look and were just as happy as I was when I found out there was actually a name for it. There are a lot of us that share this. Pretty awesome stuff in my opinion.

Jav 😁
Kiittiie (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
[at] Jav - Thanks for the information! I've had a look through the site and I do believe a few of those issues are very much like my own. It's good to finally know what may be going on 😆.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
[at] Kiittiie,
Welcome to the ranks as the newest SLIder on the block! I have the street lights going off as I pass as well. This phenomenon has a name. 😲 Yeah, I was surprised about that too.
Street
Light
Interference=== SLI
We are referred to as SLIders. I'll post this link here for you to follow, if your interested. It is very illuminating (I know, bad joke). I hope you will at least take a look.

Thank you,
Jav

Http://paranormal.about.com/od/telekinesispsychokinesis/a/aa052508.htm
Kiittiie (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
I'm always driving at night and i'll have multiple street lights flicker off just as my car goes to pass underneath.

I've had similar experiences what you are having now. You eventually learn to just ignore it. Don't stress about it too much (easier said than done, I know) as you can't change it. The things you are seeing can't hurt you. In actual fact, they're probably just going about their business and could be completely unaware that you're there.

I've heard people talking about residual energy and things like that. This maybe the case with your mother? Another possibility being that you had a subconscious thought about her returning and you heard her call out consciously.

If you're really stressed, you can try burning sage. Whether this actually works or if it's just a human thing i'm not sure. Can't hurt though 😆
Ghostwatcher87 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
I feel the same way whenever I am in a room light begin to flicker for a moment and when I'm alone I feel as if I'm being watched by unseen eyes but that's all that has been happening so far and it's really freaky.
GhostNinja (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
A interesting storie. I have also heard a ghosts voice saying "Let me in" except I did not hear knocking at the front door. I was standing in the kitchen and I heard a ghostly voice say let me in and I knew it wasn't a trick from my younger brother because it was the middle of the night and everyone was asleep.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: