You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Happenings In A Hotel

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Happenings In A Hotel

 

Note: This is my first story so I'm sorry if it's not well written.

I recently quit working at a local B&B, but before I did some really strange things started happening.

The first few months of working there were fine, nothing out of the ordinary but then I started getting the feeling that I wasn't alone even when no one else was in the restaurant or bar with me. I just ignored it at first because I just thought I was being silly.

The first actual "sighting" I had was when I was cleaning up the bar after everyone had left and I heard a child running past the front of the bar. I turned around expecting to see Grace, my boss's young daughter, but instead I saw a little boy running past in the opposite direction from what I had heard before. He was wearing an old blue sailor-like uniform. I wasn't particularly scared because it felt like he wanted to play, more confused because I've always been told that ghosts don't exist (though I've always believe because of what happened when I was younger, but that's another story).

The second sighting was more unnerving for me. The door to the restaurant has glass panels in so you can see through. When I was walking to the bar one night after finishing cleaning and locking up the restaurant, I glanced up at the door because I felt like I was being watched and when I did I saw a large, pitch black figure of a man in a suit and hat. This experience was scary because it felt like he wanted to hurt me. I still feel the fear I felt that night.

I saw this man a second time a couple of weeks before I quit. I was serving a couple and thought I heard my boss call me from the kitchen. I glanced up and the pitch black figure was in the archway, again watching me. I thought it was weird that the whole restaurant was packed out and yet nobody seemed to notice this figure but me. The figure was really tall, had long arms, a long body but his legs weren't that long. I thought I was going crazy but I told my friend who also works there and she just stared at me wide eyed then said "I've seen him too. I always get a weird feeling and I'm scared."

I found out that everyone at work has experienced some sort of spirit. There's a little girl upstairs who tries to play with people and my friend got a photo; there's a little boy, the one that I had seen; and then there's the "dark figure." He seems dangerous.

When my friend stayed in the hotel with our other friend, they said there was a tall dark figure stood between their beds. The room was shaking and there was an angry rumble, they were terrified. Also my boss said she had gone upstairs and tried to get into one of the rooms but the door wouldn't open. She even got her husband to try and barge it down, thinking someone had locked it from the inside, but it didn't work; however, when they were walking away the handle rattled and the door opened. No one was in the room.

The owner has 3 dogs, the B&B is pet friendly, and whenever they were in the restaurant they would go straight to the end room and go crazy at nothing. I always thought it was the cat taunting them outside but now I'm not so sure.

This all probably sounds silly but it really affected me. I think the reason I was so scared is because I can't begin to explain how evil it felt and just how black the figure was. It looked like an abyss of nothing.

Sorry if this is long but I didn't want to miss anything out. If anyone has any idea about what the figure could have been, please let me know.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, alisonclare, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

karine (6 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-02-24)
Would love to speak with you further about the encounters you had. Could you possibly contact me?
Thanks for your reply.
KKemlo
Scythe (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
Spooky! That dark man sounds weird.
Would it be ok if you told me the name of the B&B, incase I ever wander past it.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
alisonclare,

Interesting series of experiences. Do you know the history of the B&B? What was it before it became a hotel?

I ask because as I read I got the 'impression' that these spirits are from the buildings past. The little boy may be a residual... I say may because more details are needed to make a better 'call' concerning his nature. The 'Dark Man' however may be the ghost of a former owner who is not happy that his home has been converted into a B&B. Any details concerning the history of the property could go a long way into helping figure out just what may be going on.

Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-12)
The B&B should use the 'hauntings' in its advertisements. Very big right now!
angelus_crudus (3 stories) (35 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
Your story is really well told. Very creepy indeed. I don't have much info for you or anything, just wanted to say it was well told. There are lots of well informed people on here, much more so than me, so I'll leave the rest to them. Thanks so much for sharing.
imawesome12 (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
Have you been back since you quiting maybe you should look up the history of the town its located maybe you can find history of it and I could possibly explain the happings CREEPY though

Good luck 😁
MickeyN (2 stories) (21 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
Sometimes with ghost stories people tell me, there is a "good" entity (one who doesn't mean any harm) and a "bad" entity (one who seems to want to hurt people). Perhaps it's a possibility that the little boy is trying to protect/warn you about the tall shadow figure. Maybe you or the other employees remind him of someone in his lifetime that he would want to watch out for, or maybe he knew the shadow man from his lifetime and knew the people at the B&B would need protecting. I would suggest doing some research on the B&B to see if you can find records of a boy and/or man who might match what you've experienced. Remember, they didn't necessarily have to die on the land to come back there in death-- it's possible they just had some sort of attachment to it.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

-MickeyN
Marypatricia (2 stories) (19 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
Did you ever research and see if there was something there before the hotel? Or see if someone died in the hotel? Maybe there was a car crash not to far from the hotel of a man and his kids? Let us know if you find anything! Thanks for sharing:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: