You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Lovely Visit In The Cemetery

Real Ghost Stories

A Lovely Visit In The Cemetery

 

This story is about my first experience with the paranormal.

I was about three years old at the time. My family, which at the time was my papa, grandma, mother, and younger brother (who was one at the time), and I were in my papa's car driving down the little pathway in the cemetery. I remember I was on the left side of the car, my brother on the right, and my mother in the middle.

We were driving down the cemetery when I spotted a woman waving at me. She had blond hair that stopped at her chin and it was very curly. She had a blue floral dress on. She didn't look very old, but being three, I thought anybody older than me was old. She had a nice smile on her face. She was waving and walking toward the parking lot. "Mommy! Look at the nice lady waving!" I said. My mother looked to where I was pointing. She didn't see anything, so she just passed it off as a three-year-old babbling. I kept looking at the lady and waved back. As we drove, we lost sight of her, so I stopped waving.

Later, when we got home, my mother asked me what the lady I saw looked like. I described a lady with curly hair and a blue dress. My mother left the room and came back with a picture of my great-grandmother. I told her that was the lady I saw. My mother explained that the lady was my great grandmother who had died when my grandma was 15. My mother was born 12 years later, so we had never met her.

That was my first experience. I have never seen her since, but I like to think she was looking out for us.

Other hauntings by Kara1211

 

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kara1211, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jitters (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-17)
i only remember I was a little kid at the age of 3...lol neways a very sweet story, I liked it and as said by some of them here, don't listen to what trolls says
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
Great little story!:) She saw everyone coming into the cemetery, and she wanted to welcome y'all. Don't let folks discourage you from coming back, some are like trolls under a bridge, ready to pounce at a moments notice. Welcome to YGS
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
Kara,
I agree with you. Your great grandmother decided to pay you visit to let you know she is okay and to protect you. Count your blessings because we don't get to experience that kind of siting a lot.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
Snowhite,

Scientifically, it has been proven the kids start remembering when there are about three years old and there are kids like Fanny who could remember earlier times. My theory is that time period is not tainted with modern day BS.

I left Sri Lanka to come to Canada when I was about 3.5 or 4 years old. I still remember the house that I lived in with my mom, grandmother, and great grandmother. I remember my uncle's house (mom's cousin) across the street. I still remember running over my great grandmother's toes with my tricycle and she chasing me with a broom stick. LOL!
Aishling (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
I remember when I was 2 or 3 climbing out of my cot and walking down the hallway then getting scared because it was dark and climbing back into my cot. I could hardly climb over a gate without falling on my face now don't know how I did it:)
Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
Snowhite, don't discount this story because she was three. You would be surprised what some people remember. I can remember my second birthday, the exact layout of our apartment and on the day we moved into our house, I was 2 and a half, I remember watching my dad and uncle carry a bed up the stairs. I have no idea why I remember those events as there is nothing significant about them and I have a ton of memories from growing up the are not important. Any way my point was just because the OP was young dosen't mean its not true.

Nice story OP. It's nice to know the people we love can pop in and out and keep tabs on us.

Best Fanny ❤
bludhunger (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
snowhite you still remember things as a child just a very few things which were worth remembering like I remember when I was 5 or 6 seeing a scary thing in my shed which I don't know was my imagination or not but I remembered it because it because it was scary
Ghostwatcher87 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
Finally I have found people with similar experiences, when I was around three years old when I was asleep my grandfather, who was deceased before I was born, visited me and when I woke up I told my mother and she said that was exactly like him there wasn't one detail I missed
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
Thank you for sharing your story and coincidently I was three years old too and at a cemetery on my first ghost encounter, I couldn't help commenting on your story to let you know that, I think it just further validation that children are more open to these things at very young age... It must be where our memory and its perceptions start to conform is perhaps the reason we tune out a little from the paranormal and don't see them as often when we are adults... Or perhaps the pineal gland doesn't really switch off until 4 for most and perhaps for others not at all... Thus the reason for some people setting up shop as mediums.
snowhite (203 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
I don't know how many 3 year old can remember things like that.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: