You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Cry For Help?

Real Ghost Stories

A Cry For Help?

 

This is the story of the little boy that I mentioned in my last story. For years, I have gone without any real, solid encounters until this incident. I've seen things fly by me out of the corner of my eyes. I've had pictures of Jesus and crosses in my old room fly across the room and break while I was at school. I've seen white wisps fly past me, or crawl under furniture in my house. And like I said in my last story, I have been touched and injured by whatever is in my house since then. But I hadn't seen "The Shadow" anywhere, though the uneasy feeling that overwhelmed me when he was present still followed me everywhere in the house, save for my sister's bedroom.

About a year ago, my sister switched rooms. Her bedroom is now what used to by my parents' bedroom. My dad stays in the guest house, and my mom sleeps on the couch. After too many frozen nights in my room filled with unease and fear, I couldn't stand it any longer and I moved into the room that used to be my sister's. It's been a few months now, and the room has been a great improvement.

The only unease I have is in the middle of the night. I feel like if I turn on my light, I'll either see someone by my bed or standing at the door. But I've always just dismissed it and told myself if I didn't check then I can pretend nothing's there.

One night, I was having a really weird dream and I woke up. I turned over and stared at the door, which was diagonal from where my bed is on the other side of the room. (My bed is in the back right corner, the door is in the front left corner). Suddenly, I heard a boy crying and screaming. Like a little kid would cry if they witnessed someone they cared about getting hurt and they didn't know what to do.

It was a horrible scream, and the door handle started jiggling madly. I just watched as the door slowly opened and a little boy, looking four or five years old, creeped in. He squeezed through the door, only opening it as much as he needed to, and closed it softly right behind him, screaming and crying the whole time. His body was blue, as if he had been drowned. He had dark hair, from what I could tell, and was wearing a white night gown. As soon as the door closed, he turned and faced me, took a deep breath, and then screamed as loud as he could. Then, he ran towards me and grabbed the side of my bed, screaming in my face. I watched in shock, too afraid to move or scream, as he vanished before my eyes.

Since then, I always feel as if he's been sitting on my bed at night, almost hiding. I haven't seen him, but I feel his presence. He doesn't feel like he's going to harm me, maybe because he was crying so much that first night, though screaming in my face wasn't exactly the nicest thing to do. I think he wants me to help him, to protect him from something, but I have no idea what. I've been considering trying to talk to him, but I don't know what I would say. Plus, I'm waiting until he shows himself to me again, not just make his presence known. I want to know if this is "The Shadow's" doing, if it's still in my house and is now tormenting the spirit of this boy rather than me. And even if it is, I want to help the boy as much as I can. I just don't know how, considering how many times this house has been blessed.

Since this occurred, things have been getting progressively worse. I watched a figure walk into my sister's bedroom a week or two ago, a place I thought to be safe before. She had told me recently that now she feels as if she's constantly being watched there.

Two nights ago, my dog Lucy, sat on my bed, growling at a corner in my room. I watched her eyes and saw that she was focusing on something that was moving closer to the bed. I tried to see what she was focusing on, but I saw nothing. And she only growls when someone is in the room and trying to talk to me (she's the jealous type).

Finally, when what she was focusing on would have been right at the foot of my bed, I grabbed my bible and read Psalm 91 aloud. As soon as I finished, I saw Lucy curled up to my leg, sound asleep. I hoped that had meant whatever it was had been warded off by the Psalm, but I do not feel safe in my room. It feels so oppressive and eerie in there, and I sense fear as well. But I do know one thing: What Lucy saw that night was definitely not the little boy.

Other hauntings by SoullessMuffinz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SoullessMuffinz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SoullessMuffinz (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-19)
Rook:
I understand the confusion. Yes, they are the same Amish you speak of, however, the teenagers like to party every Friday and Saturday night. They aren't extremely strict here so they're allowed to own battery powered appliances, like radios or flashlights. So they play their music really loud, do drugs, and alcohol. Most of them grow their own weed and they probably have their various ways of getting alcohol, like most partying teens.

They're not that different from everyone else, just different beliefs. My neighbors sometimes get drunk and bark at my dog, it's weird. They do all kinds of crazy stuff, but they're just people. And they can convert to "yankies" as the call us, but like you said, most stay. They get the choice when they're 18 I think. They get a certain waiting period where they can try living as "yankies" if they want to convert and then at the end of the period, they can either stay, or leave. And after that, if there's any other time in their lives they want to convert, they can. Their families are really tight-knit and supportive.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
SoullessMuffinz,

I have a BIG QUESTION... You just stated this...

"Plus, the Amish around here have parties that include insanely loud music, alcohol, and drugs. So I doubt an Amish spirit would be complaining about us."

Here is my question...

The Amish I thought of when you mentioned them are the ones that are known for simple living, plain dress, and a reluctance to adopt many conveniences of modern technology. Are these the folks you speak of?

I ask because I've known and heard of their children 'leaving the farm' and doing those things but 7/8 out of 10 times they return 'home' to that simpler way of life.

Next...The spirit need not be that of someone who died in the house, or while they lived there. It could be a family guardian who is attached to the property or as you may find out the 'grave' across the street.

Please keep us updated... And please explain, if you can, just how these 'Amish' party with "insanely loud music, alcohol, and drugs".

THANKS...

Respectfully,

Rook
SoullessMuffinz (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-14)
Rook:
I honestly would agree with your point if it weren't for the fact that the previous owners were the ones who built the house, and there were no deaths in their family here. Besides this, we never have parties at my house. Recently was my sister's graduation party, but that was the only one since we moved here and it wasn't crazy or loud. Plus, the Amish around here have parties that include insanely loud music, alcohol, and drugs. So I doubt an Amish spirit would be complaining about us.

I did have nightmares for a while about demons taking the form of Amish women and trying to kill me and my mom, but they were the very unrealistic nightmares that people have all the time. I still haven't checked out the grave that I found out about, I've been too busy as of late. But I'm hoping to do it soon. I'll post again when I've visited the grave.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-14)
SoullessMuffinz,

I think you may have just answered your own questions about what may be happening in your home... You did so when you answered our questions about the history of the home. The former owners are Amish... Was this house a Family homestead before your Parents bought it? If so then you may have... Not a negative/malevolent spirit in your home but perhaps an Amish spirit who does not understand the tension between your Mother and Father... Nor does it enjoy LOUD PARTIES... The spirit may even be upset that the Original Family sold the property.

There is a possible down side to the above... Any 'blessings/cleansing's' may not work because the spirit itself is not 'evil/malevolent' but simply a spirit who is 'lashing out' because it doesn't understand what is happening to/in it's 'home'. If this is the case then you may have to 'talk' to this spirit... Explain that the home is now your Families and that it needs to respect this fact. You can go so far as to explain, as best you can, about your Parents and why/what that situation is between them. This may help some... Just some advice based on the details you have given us.

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
SoullessMuffinz (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
Rook:
Oh I've been looking forward to hearing from you! Thank you so much for your advice, I'll try the technique you mentioned as soon as I can. And my parents don't get along too well, but they don't want to get divorced. My mom just prefers the couch but all of her stuff is still in his room and the guest house.

Geetha:
No, my parents have not had any experiences in the house, but my mom is angry about what has happened so far because she believes it's my fault that there are negative energies here. I have done research on the property, and the only thing I have found is there is a "cemetery" that only contains one grave across the street from the property.

And I don't know how to contact the previous owners. They were Amish, so they don't have a phone and I don't know their address. And there was recently a grad party at my house, and I went in my room that night and immediately couldn't breathe and experienced horrible pain in my chest and back.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
I agree with LakotaWinyan about helping the little boy find peace and getting the house blessed.

I'm with Rook about the tension in your house other than the paranormal activity. The first thought was when you mentioned that your mother was sleeping on the couch and your dad in guest house.

I don't know if you mentioned this earlier or not but did your parents ever experience anything in the house?

Doing the cleansing method Rook provided is good and like I said in your other story, it would have to be more than once since these spirits in your house seem to be on the negative side. And it would also help if the tensions in the house created by living human beings ease up a little because these negative spirits are feeding off those tensions. Besides the cleansing, try creating a positive environment in your home. This can be done by putting on some positive and uplifting music, doing things with your family and laughing. Also, you can create parties at your home so the atmosphere is energized with the laughing and happy times of your guests.

Also, one last suggestion would be to find out the history of the house. In your first story, you mentioned that the house was about 30 years old. If the house is infested with negative energies than something must have happened in that house. I suggest finding out anything and everything about the house before continuing on.

I'm not sure of the rules and regulations of the housing market in the US but here in Canada, when a Realtor sells a property to a new homeowner, they have to enclose anything that has happened in the house like a murder or a drug raid. Ask you parents if anything like that happened or if you can get in contact directly with the person who sold you the house.

Hope that helps.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
SoullessMuffinz,

You mentioned that the home has been 'blessed' but that it didn't seem to lessen the activity. You also mentioned that your Dad stays in the guest house and your mom sleeps on the couch... I can not help but think there is some 'tension' within the home... Or is there a reasonable explanation for their separation?

I ask because any 'stress/negativity' with-in the house can cause the Blessing to be 'short lived' and allow any negative spirits to continue to 'hang around'.

If your Mother has not preformed a Cleansing because she is searching for a good one please see if she will try this...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
SoullessMuffinz (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
I have talked to my parents about it but they won't let us call in a professional. My mom wants to cleanse the house herself, but she hasn't yet. I'm just hoping she does soon.
LakotaWinyan (2 stories) (63 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
Okay, muffinz. Sounds like it's time to call on the big guys that can effectively force the spirits to go to Creator. That little boy needs peace rather than terror. You and your family need peace in your own home. Go with your belief system to get it cleansed.

If you haven't told your parents yet, then it is time you and your sister sit them down and tell them what has been going on, and urge them to seek a proper cleansing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: