You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Tv, Light Bulbs And The Man With No Face?

Real Ghost Stories

Tv, Light Bulbs And The Man With No Face?

 

This happened about a year ago. It was late, around one in the morning, and I was in the basement watching television. Although my room was upstairs, I decided to just sleep on the couch in the basement.

After my program, I turned the TV off and put the remote on top of the TV and went to sleep. Just to state this, there are no volume buttons on the TV. You must use a remote to turn it up. Well, around 3 o'clock I woke up and checked my phone. As soon as I opened my phone, the TV turned on and was turned all the way up and was on a static channel, like a TV channel not cable (example AUX 03 and so forth). As I said before there are no volume buttons on the TV, but it was turned all the way up to 62. I shot up turned off the TV and bolted up the stairs. As soon as I was in my room I just stood there thinking "What just happened"?

I didn't think much of it until about a week later. I was in my room being a teenager playing video games, when all of a sudden my walk-in closet light turned on. So I looked at it for a second and then it turned off again. And then on, then off, then on again. Thinking it was a prank, I walked into the closet and when I was in there I looked straight at the light bulb and then it busted into pieces. My lights flickered all the time, chairs would move by themselves and the television would turn on.

Then one night I was in the kitchen around 2 o'clock getting something to drink and I looked out my window and saw a dark figure of a man in a suit standing in my yard. I didn't see a face or anything it was just blank.

I moved about 2 months later and still have trouble sleeping. I have no idea what I saw that night.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Zac804, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Deerfoot (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-12)
Actually, Rook, Großmann directly translated into English is "Bigman". Not "grossman". Lol.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
As suggested by Javelina and ReddySteady, your TV and light problem could have been a wiring problem. As for the shadow man and the chair, I don't know what to think but I would love to know what your answers are for ReddySteady's questions.

Personally, I think what happened to the TV and the lights made you create something outside. Not saying what you are telling is not true but I just want to put it out there. You also mentioned that you were losing sleep. Could it be that you have Insomnia and that this is causing you to see things? If you don't know, then I suggest seeing your family doctor for a physical. Just trying to suggest things that can be explained away by logic so had that if it is actually paranormal than we can deal with properly.

Have a great day and hope for the best!
reddysteady (5 stories) (95 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
Interesting tale, Zac! I don't think that what you report seeing was 'Slenderman', for a very simple reason...

Großmann (English: The Grossman) or "slenderman" is an Internet-created mythology. This character was devised in the Something Awful forums, a website notorious for its tom-foolery and ballyhoo.

The child-snatching portion of this mythology is most similar to Krampus, St. Nick's counterpart who, instead of rewarding good children during the Feast of St. Nicholas, is reputed to stuff the naughtiest of naughties into his sack and carry them away - to be eaten, is the accepted theory. Krampus is a disfigured creature who is generally recognized to be devil-like, replete with horns, a forked tongue, and hooves.

It has been suggested that the so-called "historical references" and "accounts" of Slenderman, or Großmann, are actually referring to the Krampus; although there are similar Germanic "boogeyman" legends depicting a man that will take away children who do not obey their parents. 😊 As there are these types of legends in many cultures. Though this is interesting - some accounts say he's a killer, some say his objective is to protect children, others say he is a pedophile - which is it?:O

Personally speaking, I think Slenderman was a neat creation - it's funny how things like this can evolve on the Internet 😆 Buuuuuuuut... He was devised and expanded upon by a group of very creative individuals and has no place in historical data. He's featured in video games, movies, music videos, and has two famous (faked) portraits. Is this how legends form? By becoming part of popular culture? Interesting thought.

Aaaanyway.

As for your experiences, the lightbulbs, chairs, and television may be entirely unrelated to seeing a dark figure. You could have experienced electrical problems, as already suggested, which may explain the lightbulbs and television, but you also mentioned chairs moving of their own volition. Did you notice anything else out of the ordinary? Anything else moving? How did your home feel prior to these experiences? And afterwards? Just for curiosity's sake, how close to your house was this dark figure? Do you have any more detail regarding this figure?

I'm sorry you're having difficulty sleeping. 😢
Bl4ck0ut1320 (1 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
Hey Have You Heard Of Slenderman? Its A German Story check it out
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
Zac804,
If you are no longer dealing with the same events as in your previous home, it may have been the other home had a wiring issue that caused what you experienced. The lights, light bulb exploding, and even the television going wacko could have been caused by electrical surges or crossed wires. This would also explain any negative feelings and emotions due to an unusually high electro-magnetic field caused by, again, bad wiring. It has also been known to cause hallucinations, hence the man in the yard.
I am not saying this is what happened, but it may be able to explain most of what you experienced while living there.
I'm sorry you are having sleep issues over this. Perhaps this will help you not to worry so much now, huh? I hope so.

Jav 😊
RockTheRain (1 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
Obviously you're referring to Slender Man. It's such an internet sensation nowadays that I just can't take your account seriously. Sorry.
Shell1982 (70 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
Hi, just curious as I hear this terminology in a lot of peoples' stories and I don't really understand it - what do you mean when you say you saw a "dark figure of a man?" If it looked like a man, couldn't it have been a real man? What do you actually mean by "figure?" I know in your case you state you couldn't make out a face, which I can understand would lead you to believe it wasn't a person, but I'm guessing the figure didn't quite look like a man in other ways too as you chose that terminology instead of saying "a man with no face." Did it look solid, for example?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: