You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Bag Of Bread And Flower Pen

Real Ghost Stories

The Bag Of Bread And Flower Pen

 

One March evening, after dinner, my wife and I rested in the living room enjoying a show on T.V. While we sat, from the corner of my eye, I saw a dark shadow moving freely around in the kitchen. So, I turn to my wife and tell her "I just saw some movement in the kitchen, a large shadow by the sink." She nodded to let me know she understood and we went back to our story.

A few minutes later I hear what sounds like a plastic bag rustling in the far corner of the kitchen, but because it was so dark I couldn't see what was making it move. I leaned out of my chair to catch a better look and I hear a loud SLAM! I turned once again toward my now shocked wife and she whispered "What was that?" I stood up like a dart and started toward the kitchen door when once again we hear SLAM!

I turned on the kitchen lights and to my surprise found our loaf of french bread on the floor perfectly parallel to the cabinets. As I inspected the area I realized that if the bread had rolled to the ground from the counter, which would have been difficult since the bread was ovular, it would have had to have knocked several things in front of it to the floor with it as well.

It was just one of those things we'll never be able to understand.

Just recently, in the evening, my wife and I were in the living room working on our respective projects, her on her pad and me on the laptop. I was keeping record in my Cat notebook and using a pen with a fake flower taped to the top of it.

I grabbed my notebook and pen, doodled some notes, and placed it on the table beside me. I did this several times through the night and I was mostly using my touch and my estimation on where I left it to grab and log my notes. I did this over and over until I noticed my pen was no longer with my book.

I looked all around me and asked my wife "Have you seen my pen?" She replied "It was right on the notebook next to you." It wasn't anymore I thought. "Maybe you bumped it behind the table..." she continued. So I looked and felt... Nothing. Looked on either side, in front, behind and still nothing. I reached both of my arms along side my thighs and didn't feel a thing.

Just as I thought to myself where the heck did that pen go, both my wife and I see the pen appear three feet above the floor and three feet out in front of us. It just appeared, out of no where! Then slowly fell to the floor without a single sound. Was I going crazy? Where did it come from? How did it just appear? These were only a few questions I had for my wife that evening. Neither of us knowing what was going on.

If any of you know what this could be I would love to hear your theories. Thanks for your time.

Other hauntings by 4d

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 4d, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
So our sensitive did a walk through of our place and found it full of movement, yay. 😕 She said at one point "It feels like someone is standing right beside me..." My audio recorder picked up a very gritty, high male tone saying "Yeah!" right after she made the statement. She also noted that she felt an ancient life force in our kitchen. A natural, maybe plant like entity. She said the feeling in the house is over all good, so I won't push it. 😆

I've always known something dwelled in this house with my family, and knew it wasn't malicious. Glad I have a second opinion on that. Mahalo for reading - 4d
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
DARKNESS,

Intrigued me it has! I start trying to analyze and experiment on how these things happen and I can only assume the little mischief maker is behind me giggling the whole time saying "Investigate that!"

As for digging up history, Hawaii has so much going for it spiritually and it would be near impossible to locate any information about my area, because written records weren't a priority for us. Our entire island, and every other island in Hawaii for that matter, has burial sites all over them... Unknown numbers of places of worship have come and gone in every part of the island chain too. Records only go as far as a couple hundred years, and that just isn't far enough. 😢
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
geetha50,

Thanks! My wife and I were, during both experiences, taking care of business. It makes me think since we were so deep in thought that the attention idea may not be too far off. 😆
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-14)
Yes I don't think it is anything menacing at all, they are making loud noises etc banging things together and floating pens obviously for your undivided attention. I think it is possibly acting out a little differantly to what you are seasoned too, possibly to keep you intrigued.
Well it is a differant way of looking at things, either way being an investigator I'm gathering you have checked into the land and house history and the basics etc?

Dan
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
My first thought was the same as Miracles. It could be someone coming by to say hello and have some fun. Have you thought about blessing the house?

How were you and your wife feeling at the time of both incidents?
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
Shadowclaw777,

Hey thanks for the ideas, and the poltergiest theory... Maybe. If it is a family member, they know that they are always welcome. ❤ I get a feeling that the room just beyond the kitchen is a place where a lot of energy passes through. We see a lot of people walking past the outer doorway, use to freak out my friends when we were in high school 😆 Thanks again for your input!
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
Javelina,

I have indeed experienced quite a few things in my life, but the things I have seen and felt are much different then those we experience when on investigations. We have indeed set up a camera and captured an aluminum pot cover scrape and slam in the dish rack, but what do you suppose a person do with that information? It still doesn't explain why it did what it did... We swept for EMF and found no substantial currents, so nothing there. We have just brought a sensitive on board, different than the psychic we collaborated with, and we scheduled a walk through next month. Mean while I'm just reaching out to the community to see if there are any new ideas or opinions, not testing in anyway. I'm not going to say I know everything about the paranormal just because I'm currently invovled in a group. 😊 I will keep you folks posted on the findings, and I really appreciate the time you invested in reading and offering a possible solution 😁 Thanks again!
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
Miracles51031,

Yeah, I am involved in a team of Paranormal Investigators, for two years now, but I'm not going to say I know why things are moving on their own free will, 😆 The reason I joined this group was to "learn" more about the things I have experienced in my life, which are quite a few. If anyone here has any insight into what this could be in terms it would be helpful. Just taking different opinions now. I like your "hello" idea, just wish they would leave our food alone! A potato jumped off the counter just a few nights ago...
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-12)
Kiittiie,

No, been happening ALL my life. I'm trying to document the ones that are more interesting here on YGS!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-08-12)
4d,
Why does this feel like it's a test? I've gone through some of your earlier work, read your bio on your profile page, and am now scratching my head as to your question of what others believe it to be. You seem to have the experience, the no how, and certainly the resources needed to find your answers. Have you not mentioned any of this to the paranormal team you work with? Have they come to your place and done a sweep for EMFs? Set up cameras and digital recorders, perhaps even an infrared camera, in an effort to capture evidence? Is there a psychic that works with your team? I have to say, I'm stumped. Please inform us of any of their findings if this has already been investigated. And if it hasn't, why not?

Jav 😕
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
4d - and the pen? Whoever it is, they gave it back 😉 Unless something changes, this kind of ghost is the kind I like 😊
Shadowclaw777 (3 stories) (5 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
My guess would be one of two things -

1) This is just a poltergeist trying to freak you out, just having a bit of fun.

2) This is a regular ghost, that really wants your attention. This is probably more likely, and something that could make ths ghost become a little calmer would be talking to it via something like the flashlight method (Ask it yes or no questions, turning on the light/keeping the light on means yes, turning the light off/keeping the light off means no.) so that it understands that you know it's there and that it doesn't need to do anything like this to get your attention. If you manage to learn it's name, than you could treat him/her like you would treat anyone else; almost like a relative or something who's living with you. That way you'd just slowly get use to having it around. Probably sounds sill, but this worked for my friend, before he moved out of the house the ghost resided in.:)

Hope this helps in some way!:)
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
4d - I'm a little confused. I'm going to straight up admit I didn't have time to read all 14 of your stories, but I did notice your claim to be involved with a Ghost Hunters and Paranormal Investigators Group. So I was kind of surprised when you asked if any of us knew what this could be.

I'm not saying I know exactly what this is, but it just seems to me that "someone" was trying very hard to get your attention. Didn't appear to be anything bad, just "Hey, I'm here! Hello!"

Anyway, that's just my crackpot theory. For what it's worth. By the way, I'm curious. What was your take on the situation?
Kiittiie (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
Sounds really spooky. Have these instances only been occurring recently? If there are more, i'd like to hear about them.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: