You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Help From Beyond?

Real Ghost Stories

Help From Beyond?

 

My best friend tragically passed away on November 29, 2001 after being hit by a drunk driver. She was 13 and I was 10. I have only seen her spirit once since her passing. I was at summer camp the summer after she passed and I woke up in the middle of the night and saw her and I let out this bloodcurdling scream. I was so terrified and she never showed herself to me again after that.

I asked somebody about this and they said that ones who love us that pass on will not show themselves if they know it scares us. I think she is upset at me because I missed her funeral because I had school and my parent said I couldn't go. Even though it was out of my control, 11 years later my biggest regret is not going to that funeral. Anyway, I have only seen her spirit once. I have, however, felt her presence in times of need.

This particular time happened just a few weeks ago. I was walking to my sister's house at around 10 at night, and there are very little streetlights on this street and very few cars passing by. Anyway, I was getting close to this bridge I have to walk under and it was almost pitch black in there and I'm terrified of the dark. I asked her to help me not be afraid and I soon as I did a lot of cars started passing and with the cars headlights I wasn't afraid anymore. As soon as I got to the other side of the tunnel I thanked her and the traffic went back to normal, not many cars passing by.

Anyway, I have enjoyed reading lots of your stories and I wanted to share one of mine (or 2 I guess). I would appreciate any thoughts you might have or similar stories you might want to share. Thank you for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, brokenbabygirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

harrypotterrules (59 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-06)
You said you thought your friend was angry at you for missing her funeral because your parents wouldn't let you. She probably understood why you couldn't come, and knew that you would if you were allowed to. I'm sorry for your loss.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-14)
To answer your question: Yes your friend was there to help you out under that bridge.

Like Javelina said, I think you have learnt that good friendships could never be replaced but at the same time you make new ones. Those new ones could be good or bad and time will only tell and that experience will make us stronger and I think that applies to everyday life. We make good and bad choices and if things go your way than you take credit for it and if it goes badly, than you walk away knowing that you won't make that same mistake again and you are stronger for it.
brokenbabygirl (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
Sometimes I do find myself being desperate for friendship because I was a total nerd all throughout my life, and the only person who was actually really nice to me was her. As I entered high school I became more and more desperate and I became friends some people that perhaps I shouldnt have, so maybe being my best friend isn't really cursed I just have made some bad choices over the years.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-12)
brokenbabygirl,
I apologize for any misunderstanding. It was only out of concern for you that I said anything. However, you are still quite young, and that being the case, you have plenty of years and relationships to look forward to. This really has made me think too. I can count on one hand how many 'best friends' I have. They are few and far between. It's not something I take lightly at all. My best friend from childhood is still my best friend. And she actually did save my life once.
So I don't find your situation odd at all. I'd say it shows that you are a sincere person who doesn't take friendship for granted. That's a good thing in my book. You never replace friends, you make new ones maybe, but you can't replace what was special about your best friend and it seems you already know that anyway. You'll be alright, you'll see.

Jav ❤
brokenbabygirl (1 stories) (5 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-12)
No, I'm not saying that she is responsible for me being emotionally hurt, physically hurt and financially used, I'm simply saying that I have no decent friends since her and I think its kind of odd.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-12)
brokenbabygirl,
In all seriousness, I believe, and this is just my opinion, you may be hanging on a bit too tight to her. By associating all that goes wrong or right in your life, ie relationships, safety issues, financial decisions, etc. You may be ascribing far too much credit (and blame) to your friends spirit. I know how hard it is to come back from a traumatic event in your life. But sweetheart, there are just some things in life that you must take responsibility for yourself. Good things that come along cannot be doled out by spirit intervention, same as bad things cannot be blamed on a spirit being jealous. It's just life. It has to do with the decisions you make, not your friends like or dislike of that decision. She can be a comfort and still be your true best friend, but the rest is up to you.
Do I think she helped get you to the other side of that bridge? Yes, I do. There are times we ask for help and receive it, just as you had that night. These things cannot be denied. I am simply worried you are holding so tight to her memory that you are not seeing your own part in all of this. Loosen your grip on that, relax your hold on her. Take responsibility for what comes from decisions you make. Take credit for the good things that come your way from hard work and honest living. She will always be there for you.

Jav ❤
brokenbabygirl (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-12)
Do you guys think she helped me walk to my sister's house that night? I also think she helped save me from drowning one time. I also think being my best friend is kind of cursed I guess you could say, because she was and still is the best friend I have ever had, every other person I have considered my best friend has either physically, emotionally or financially hurt me. I feel like she doesn't want me too have another best friend and i'm thankful that she is protective.
ivory (9 stories) (77 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-12)
I agree with the 'instinct' thing. I also believe that loves ones either human or animals that are already "crossed over" can come back when we need them the most to assist or just to comfort us. Maybe she is trying to tell you that you should stop blaming yourself for not going to her funeral. The spirit of our love ones can understand that. I hope you could say your final goodbye for her someday
misstee4 (21 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-12)
Jav, I have those feelings too. I always advise everyone to go with their first instinct on everything! Whether the outcome is good or bad I always say better safe than sorry. A majority of times I've had that feeling it always ends up with me saying 'thank god I went with my gut feeling' because something almost always happened where it ended up in my favor... Good or bad.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-12)
brokenbabygirl,
I was reading along and thinking about things that had happened in my life that I felt could have been some sort of intervention from beyond. There have been quite a few, as it turns out. I get these crazy feelings sometimes about going places, well actually it's more like not going places really. I'll be planning something, doesn't matter if it's camping or just a trip to the Mall, all at once I'll get this 'feeling' that I shouldn't go. I've had it so strong at times that I once got physically ill from it. I've learned that when that feeling hits me, I definitely pay attention to it. Whatever the plans were, I change them. No question, no doubt. Any time I have gone against that feeling something bad has occurred to either myself or someone with me.
When I was younger that feeling was referred to as "women's intuition". These days people call it "that gut feeling", which makes sense to me. Because ignoring it makes my gut hurt.

Jav
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-12)
I don't believe she was upset because you never went to the funeral and then appeared to you for that reason, so don't beat yourself up over that mate, it is true to some degree if they frighten you that much they do tend to back off and it does freak people out of all ages... The fright of seeing a ghost is hard to deal with but I think it's more the fear of the unknown that puts one into a panic rather than the fear of the ex-living,or person of whom they know, thank you for sharing your story, I hope for her sake she has crossed over!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: