You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Dark Crying Shape In My Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

A Dark Crying Shape In My Bedroom

 

First, I want to apologize for all sorts of mistakes. I'm from Germany and this is my third language. I hope you can understand what I wrote.

I don't clearly remember all paranormal experiences I had since I had some when I was just a kid. My first childhood memory is actually the encounter with several ghosts. I cannot even say if they were for real or if maybe I was only dreaming but I know that this dream/vision/reality scared me so much that until this day I remember it as if it had happened yesterday. I never stopped talking about these "creatures" but it never scared anyone in my family. Maybe they understood or they just knew it was a child's imagination and ignored it.

When I got older, I didn't think about it anymore. It just became a joke in the family and I started believing the same as the others, that it was just a dream. Only my mother never said anything about it because she believes in such things. From the age of 7 to my teenage time nothing unusual happened around me and I forgot about it all until I was 15 or 16.

I decided to tell you this story because it's the one that affected me the most to this day. My room used to be a mess all the time. It was cold and dark, I never let light inside. I always stayed with my windows closed and I kind of enjoyed it all the time. I'm not saying something happened to me in this time. I still haven't changed, my room's still like a cave. I never noticed anything until I really saw that thing in my room and then everything made sense around it.

I remember that my cat used to sleep in my bed all the time. He wouldn't sleep in any other rooms and a lot of people say that cats are creatures of both sides, but as I said before I only figured that out later. When I started feeling weird in my room was when I came back from a holiday. The air was weird and sticky but I didn't bother opening the window, because I never did. The very first night I slept in my bed again I woke up with an intense headache. I suffer from strong migraines once in a while but this was by far the worst headache I ever had in my life. I couldn't speak either, the headaches disturbed the speech area in my brain, my words didn't make any sense when I tried to talk. It's the first and only time this happened to me, but I know that it's some form of migraine that other people have too.

After this I rarely slept in my room. I stayed at my boyfriend's place and nothing happened there. Not that I had any sort of ideas about what was happening, I never thought about it. I just didn't sleep in my room without knowing why. After couple of days I came back but I never felt well. I actually opened the window every night, although I never do that. Then the nightmares would start, which was very odd because this specific nightmare I had, was or still is, a dream I only have when I have a fever. I had no fever, I wasn't sick and my headache was gone as I said before.

One night I was in half sleep and I woke up because of one of these fall-dream and I had a very sharp sound in my ear. I really don't think it was in my room. I had a tinnitus before but it never sounded like that and I never had one in the middle of the night, but anything can happen. Then I told my mother about all the weird things happening in my room. She told me to clean up my room the best way and on the same night I woke up and heard weird cry-like sounds.

I was so tired, I thought it was my cat that wanted to come in so I turned on the light and opened the door but he wasn't there so I just went back to bed and slept right away.

It was almost morning when I woke up again because I heard crying again, this time I wasn't so tired anymore. My room was dark but in the corner I saw a small shape, like a shadow just sitting there, with its head in his hands and it was crying. I could see and hear it. It reminded me of a child. I got so scared I switched on the light again and it was gone. After that I couldn't sleep again and I just read a book until everyone was up and I talked to my mother about what I saw. She entered my room and I showed her where I saw it. She said that she was going to help me clean my room properly and ask her friend about all this.

Before I went to school that day I saw my cat just enter my room and heading directly to that corner and just laying down on one of my pants that were there. I saw him do that about three times these past days but only found it cute until that day. So right after school I started cleaning my room and I knew that this creature wasn't in that corner anymore and once my door was open my cat jumped on the bed and lied down in the corner where my pillows are; near the wall and I knew where it was now, because he never sleeps near my pillows.

Maybe this is all coincidence but at that time I couldn't believe in coincidence after I saw that shape in my room. Anyway, after cleaning my room properly nothing happened again and my cat until this day never slept in my room again, he doesn't even stay there anymore, only to look out of the window and only rarely because we have a lot of other windows.

I'm not going to lie to you, while cleaning I found some mould in a corner--not the corner where that thing was. Maybe the mephitic air played tricks on my mind, but maybe it brought some paranormal consciousness to life. And that experience brought back interest and believe.

I had one other encounter with another creature couple of years ago but that was it. I'm a person that always likes to question everything before believing things and I could live with someone telling me that the mildew affected my brain like a drug. Still, I believe in the paranormal and I trust my cat. But I still don't know why it was crying or why I imagined it crying.

Thank you very much for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lenaS1991, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lenaS1991 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-26)
[at] Crestal126
I usually get warning signs like that from dreams. Actually I don't recall anything bad happening after that. It's still a mystery to me but I'm glad it's gone-- hopefully. I was really scared for couple of days (nights) before it disappeared. But I'm sure I'll never stop questioning the meaning of it, why it cried ect... Even if it was just my brain playing tricks on me, why did I see this setting and no other, I mean it must me something that is part of my fantasy. I would really love to know the answer to that although it's what... 7 years since it happened.
Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-18)
-.- that thing could be trying to tell you that you might have a sad life, or something REALLY sad will happen. But if it comes back, don't try to contact/communicate with it. Just something about it seems evil, or it will do "something" to you.
lenaS1991 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-18)
Thanks to everybody for all the comments! And not to worry, I cleaned my room since that day. It's mold-free. And I still prefer dark over sunlight but my window is open the whole time except when I'm watching a movie:p
And I really still don't have any explanation for my cats behaviour. He just hates my room now):
[at] Cliney1212 - Maybe it was, that's actually very interesting! Thing is, I actually don't remember me being unhappy, like ever. I'm a merry person by nature, so it had to be something deeply hidden in myself. Something I never noticed until today. I will think about it and try to remember if anything bad happened, thanks! ❤
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
Oh that's ok and thank you (thought I'd lost the plot for a minute) ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
Cliney - I have deleted all the other comments yusaka made except this one, so Martin would find it easier to track yusaka. I'm sorry for leaving it, but promise if it's still up here in a couple of hours, I'll go ahead and delete it 😊.
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
Cliney- That idiot has been trolling around for the last few hours. I'm sure they have nothing better to do.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
Cliney,
I thought that looked familiar!

Jav

50505050505050
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
? Am I imagining something here how come you have repeated my comment from 3 days ago
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
Lena, you English is good, so don't feel sorry. As far as the story is concerned, I would say a nice narration. A little sunlight is always welcome to ward off certain unwanted energies and we should not make a place stagnate, as rook said. You have cleansed your room and if it is further necessary, follow rook's method mentioned elsewhere in this site. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
lenaS1991,

The mold you found may have been a 'player' in all of your experiences... The cat's actions however are kind of interesting as I've never known one to 'hang around' molds or mildews...

It has been suggested that you have the walls and vent checked for molds... This is great advice. You also seemed to have learned a lesson concerning 'negative energy buildup'. Having 'your space' is a good thing... Letting the atmosphere get 'stagnate' and allowing the negative energy build up is not. A little positive energy and sunlight can go a long way sometimes.

I have a cleansing and shielding technique that I suggest that is yours for the asking. Thank you for sharing and for the record... Your English is just fine 😁.

Respectfully,

Rook
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-12)
LenaS1991... Hello may I start my comments by saying phew (wiping brow) I'm so pleased you cleaned your room I wouldn't sleep tonight thinking about it (not your problem it's mine I have cleaning issues). Ok so... If you were in a dark/messy/cave type room could you have been in low place emotionally perhaps this shadow/shape that was crying was infact your own an outward manifestation of your emotions? As for the mould no ventilation definitely wouldn't have helped in some cases cleaning the mould away and keeping a window open can stop this reaccurring (I grew up in a mouldy house) and your English is excellent by the way... Thank you for sharing your story... ❤ 😊
galleygal (3 stories) (150 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-12)
[at] lena - you're right to not underestimate the dangers of mold. Spores can cause headaches, hallucinations, and illness resulting in permanent damage or death.

If you saw mold on your floor, there is a possibility that there is more where you can't see it - behind the wall, in heating vents, etc. Maybe you could ask your mom and dad to have the space checked professionally, as this could be very detrimental to your health.

I sort of speak French and Spanish, but nowhere near as well as your English. And English is very difficult to learn, far more so than western romance languages, so triple kudos to you!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: