You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Little Boy And Tapping Walls

Real Ghost Stories

The Little Boy And Tapping Walls

 

This really freaked me out the night it happened and still does when I think about it 7 years later. When I was a teen I lived with my dad but stayed with my mum a couple of nights a week. When I was there we would be more like sisters or friends, act silly have drinks watch films and so on...

One night when we had had a few drinks it was just us and my younger brother in the house (he was only about 3 then and he was in bed), my step dad was out. It was raining and thundering outside and it was affecting the tv so we decided to put music on instead. After about half hour of listening to music things started getting weird. First the volume would change on the stereo we just laughed it off, put it down to the fact that we had been drinking and the storm outside and tried to ignore it. Then the room started to smell like a bonfire which was werid considering the weather outside it would have been impossible for anybody to start a fire in that rain.

After about an hour we had the tv back on and thought everything was back to normal the smell had gone and the tv and stereo were both fine. Then we heard what we thought was my brother running around upstairs. I was worried I'd left the safety gate open in his room when I put him to bed and that he would try coming down the stairs on his own (remember he was only 3 so could have gotten seriously hurt if he did try) so I went up to check on him and get him back to sleep. When I went up there he was in his bed asleep!

This freaked me out a little bit so I went and told my mum. When I did she told me he couldn't be because she had heard me talking to him and heard him run into his room.

By this point we were getting scared and we started hearing tapping on the walls. It sounded like somebody was hitting the wall with a pencil. This carried on for the rest of the night until we went to bed.

When we went up to bed I had the biggest shock. As I went to check again on my brother before I got into bed I saw a little boy of about my brothers age sitting on the toy box at the end of my brother's bed. I called for my mum to come and look but by the time she got there he was gone.

This experience has stuck in my mind since that night, and I have a lot more to tell from that house (which she still lives in).

Thank you for reading, comments are welcome and sorry if the story was long x

Other hauntings by teenagewitch21

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, teenagewitch21, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

teenagewitch21 (5 stories) (30 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-17)
hi Kiittiie, I'm not sure if my mum still hears it at her house as its been a while since we have spoken about it, but I have my own place now and almost every night I hear the same tapping on the walls but it seems I'm the only one who can hear it. X
Kiittiie (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
I've had issues with hearing the tapping sounds before. Do you find that it still happens?
zeusgodoftheskyiliveonolympuz (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
this is really freaky I have no explanation by the way but it may have been a boy who died playing in that house? Just a suggestion
teenagewitch21 (5 stories) (30 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
first of all thank you all for your comments.
Although I understand that the storm (that was just a thunder storm) could have had something to do with some of the things that happened that night such as electrical things messing up but all of the other things happen all the time, not all together like that night but all have.
My brother used to tell us that the boy kept him awake at night by moving his toys around so I fully believe that me seeing him was not a one off thing.

To the comment about the fire smell thank you for that, I don't know if anybody had had a fire lit before but its very possible.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
I have a theory about the smell of fire, you said it was raining outside well when it rains on top of where a fire has already been it can disturb the ash releasing the smell of it again into the air. Was there ever a fire or fires around your home?

A lot of the events you described could very well be related to the fact there was a storm at the time, this can effect the structure of the home and create noises and bangs that are not normal in fine weather, just something to think about. But in the end you mentioned witnessing a boy in your brothers room, this is where house and land history etc come in to play. 😊

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Buzz_man123 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-14)
Interesting story, as already suggested you should look into the history of the house and you may find out what more about the boy and this will make you a lot more comfortable with the sightings.

Another thing to remember is that generally entitys don't mean to harm or scare you and it is highly likely that they are just as confused by the situation as you are!

The electrical storm angle is interesting, it would depend on any other things you have experienced in the house.

Thanks again

Liam
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
I enjoyed our story thank you for sharing it I'm looking forward to reading your other 😊
Qua (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
Interesting story. Your mom's house could have been haunted. Do check the history and how it is related to the little boy. I think the little boy wanted to play with your brother hence he was sitting at the toy box.
galleygal (3 stories) (150 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
[at] teenagewitch - was the storm like an electircal storm? I've heard of strange events occurring during them, like time slips and doppleganger activity...creepy.
brenttan (64 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
Thank you for sharing your interesting account. In my opinion, spirits can mess with your mind. They are good at creating illusions for you.
Blackmoonmage20 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
Nice story! It was really creepy by the way. Did you ever experienced it again in your mother's house?
😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: