You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Ghost Encounter At Ruins Of Old Mansion

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Encounter At Ruins Of Old Mansion

 

This story happened to me on January 6, 2011. I heard through a mutual friend of a reporter in Penang (neither wishes his name to be revealed) that this reporter had discovered evidence of a crime that had happened in the Cameron Highlands on February 1, 2003. He never told me what this evidence was.

I did manage to find out that on that date, a Chinese family surnnamed Ma had gathered for a New Year reunion and celebration. A few days later their house was found in ruins, and no bodies or any trace of the 17 family members there that night had ever been found. They had all just disappeared. The event happened about 50 kilometers northeast of Taman Tringkap. They were a wealthy family and had built their home in a solitary area on a very large plot of land on a remote hilltop.

My friend told me that, because of the fear of losing tourism and real estate values, the local authorities had covered up the crime. Determined to find out for myself, I did some research and decided to visit the place myself, along with some friends. I discovered rumors that, starting around 1890, a foreign religious cult had flourished in the area and then disappeared, possibly suddenly leaving the area, in 1914. However, records were few and contradictory from that time period because that part to British Malaya was extremely remote and barely inhabited in those days, with not much civilization or communication there at all.

Resolving to find out the truth or falsehood of this story for ourselves, my friends and I drove to the area indicated to me by my friend who knew reporter, where he claimed that he found the ruins of the actual Ma family mansion. After a long drive over many difficult roads, in the late afternoon we finally did find a set of ruins resembling those described by my friend.

We hiked around the property taking photographs and checking out the area. I wandered away from the others to look at the surrounding land, but it was all grown up with vines and weeds, virtually impassable. Suddenly, I ran into a young Chinese girl. There was nothing extraordinary about her, and she didn't seem surprised to see me. I asked where she was from, and she said "From around here." Then, she told me that my friends and I should leave this place as soon as we could, that it was not a good place to be. I asked if we could take her anywhere, and she answered no. I looked back to check if I could see any of the others. When I turned back, she was gone. The experience did frighten me a little, so I quickly returned to the my friends.

Some of them reported hearing faint religious-sounding chanting, but nothing as dramatic as what I saw. By then, it was getting dark, and none of us particularly wanted to camp out there overnight. So we got back into our car and spent much of the night driving over rough, difficult and really dark roads back to Taman Tringkap.

Later, after we returned home, we checked our photos, but they only showed ordinary ruins like one could find anywhere in the country. There was only our story of what we saw and heard. Recently, I found this website so, for what it's worth, I relate our story here.

I do believe to this day that the girl I encountered was the ghost of one of the Ma family members who disappeared that night in 2003. I also believe that the 17 people who were there that night are dead. How they died, I feel I will never know for sure. However, I do believe that the very place we visited, where the house was built, is evil, and that the girl's warning possibly helped to save our lives.

NOTE: The local authorities in the area deny that any of the events of 2003, described earlier, ever happened. I have since talked to the reporter by phone, and he swears by his story, but refuses to divulge the nature of the evidence he claims to have or allow his name to be used, for fear of losing his job.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jasonypw, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

FrenchKiwi (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-29)
Sounds like some of those stories from that TV series on History Channel Ancient Aliens.
FrenchKiwi (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-29)
Sounds like a some of those stories from that TV series on History Channel Ancient Aliens.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
galleygal,

We will only know if the original posters replies back.
galleygal (3 stories) (150 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-16)
[at] geetha - thanks for pointing that out. It is a cool story, but since looking at the posted link, I think this might be a viral marketing stunt by the makers of the film 😢.
abbi_hunnam1 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-16)
wow... That's really creepy 😕
Your lucky she did come and say something to you or who knows what would of happened 😢
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
Great story. If that girl was it one of the murdered family members, I pray she can find peace and that their killers are exposed.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
First of all, thanks to Aproxyte for posting that site. I agree with granny about starting my curiosity about this story. I really now want to find more about this situation.

Galleygal,
From what I read from the link provided by Aproxyte, it looks like the house crumpled to the ground like it was demolished.

It's to bad the original poster didn't want to participate in the conversation because what I really want to know if you are the original journalist that was mentioned in the article from the link by Aproxyte? The reason why I'm asking because the way the story was written (which is really good) and from what I read on the article, it looks like the journalist wrote it. Or it just could be me.
galleygal (3 stories) (150 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-14)
Excuse me, I meant to address my questions to the OP!
5050505050
galleygal (3 stories) (150 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-14)
[at] aproxyte - what sort of condition was the house in? Did it appear to have been demolished, or burned down, or derelict?
Aproxyte (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-14)
You're welcome Rozo & zzsgranny, it's not very unusual coming from my country, many things are hidden from the people here and where we're from we have a diverse range of ethnicity, races and religions therefore plenty of supernatural going ons are abundant but not told, but I have to say having a cult amongst us is pretty much a big thing, which is not surprising why the government might not want the people of our nation to know and if it especially involves people of high rankings or statuses in the society.
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-14)
At Aproxyte- Thank you for that link... That is some serious mysteries!
Very spooky and highly interesting!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-14)
It's a shame this poster has decided to not participate in the discussion, but just as well, I suppose... I love stories like this that make me want to Google! 😆...So far all I've read is the link posted by Aproxyte (thank you), but it did whet my appetite for more info...

Creepy...
British_Foxbat (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-14)
Very,very interesting story indeed. How can 17 people just vanish and the police do nothing to find them?
Aproxyte (10 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-08-14)
This story intrigued me, I'm a Malaysian and just got back from vacationing in Cameron highlands and was interested in the dissapearance of the Thai silk king and then came across this story, I started checking it out online and guess what I found? Http://darkestnightmovie.com/DoomedFamily.html
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-14)
This is very interesing! Quite intense and scary too. It is certain that you were warned by this young spirit.
I wonder what truly happened to these 17 people, possibly brutally murdered and tracks covered up.
Going to do some more research on this...
Thanks for the Post!
Auschick (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
wow I just research this case on google and saw this story on a webpage... Very interesting...
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
Wow...

Thats really about the only word I can think to describe this story. It's very intense, and very well told! I really wish you knew more, its just interesting all the way around and I can only come up with more and more questions!

Thanks for sharing

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: