You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Breathing In My Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

Breathing In My Bedroom

 

I want to share some experiences that have happened in my house that I have been living in for nine years now. I am a believer of the paranormal and have been reading stories on this site for a while. I'm just curious to see what everyone else thinks as your comments are very helpful.

-- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Breathing in my bedroom:

I live with my parents in a three bedroomed house. My room is the smallest.

I never experienced anything straight away, but after a couple of years I started hearing some sort of breathing in my bedroom. My room is literally so small, you stand in the doorway and my single bed is facing you against the wall, you look left and there's a window in the middle of the outside wall and a TV in the left corner. The built in cupboards and wardrobe are against the right side of the room.

Anywho, I was hearing this breathing coming from the left corner of my room. I know what your thinking... "that's were the TV is..." Yes it is, but it clearly wasn't that. So, I'm trying to sleep and I'm hearing this breathing noise, my TV isn't on but my lamp is. (I don't like the dark because of spiders, yes I'm a wimp!) I hold my breath to make sure that it isn't my breathing even when I know that it's not, and it's still there. Breathing in... Breathing out.

So I climb out of bed and go downstairs to the living room where my parents are watching TV, and I say, "Mum, Dad, there's someone breathing in my bedroom." and obviously they look at me like I'm a weirdo. So my dad comes up to investigate and hears nothing, and neither do I while he's there. So he goes back downstairs and I get back in bed. Well, sit in bed... Waiting... And off it goes again.

When I'm alone and things happen, like unexplainable noises, I get a bit freaked out and leave the room. I'm a bit braver if someone is with me. I wasn't really scared of the noise just a bit freaked, but I got a bit brave and told it to shut up because I wanted to go to sleep. It carried on... And with a huff I took my pillow and went into my parents bedroom to sleep on the single mattress which we kept spare. When I got settled in with hopes of a good night's sleep, it frikkin followed me. I know that sounds stupid, but it did. The breathing followed me into my parents room.

I didn't get any bad vibes from it or anything, but it was just irritating. Like, how a child would just silently follow you around because he/she has nothing else to do. I know that it wasn't a child because the breathing was a bit too manly, if that makes sense? That's if it was "anything". I'm not one to blame a ghost for things happening straight away. I always try to think of a logical explanation because I'm not gullible. But I do believe in the paranormal, I just think it's a bit nasty how people take advantage and blame an innocent ghostie for everything when they haven't even stopped to think that the window could have been open. But this breathing was just unexplainable to me. Maybe if a professional 'noise locator' or whatever was there then they could have solved the problem. But I'm still convinced to this day that it was a ghostie.

So with another huff, I picked up my pillow and headed back into my room, talking to it on the way, something like, "Is there any point in me moving? Your just going to follow me? Cheers pal."

After a bit I just learned to ignore it, sometimes I'd talk to it. Something like, "Hello again, I'm going sleep. Go away. Night."

After a while I moved my room around. I moved my bed so that it was against the full length of the outside wall and I moved my TV further up the room. Since then, I've never heard it.

I joked to my dad about it and said, "Oops, I think I've crushed him with my bed."

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Panting in the attic:

One of the bedrooms is the attic room which was my brothers before he moved out. The attic room is much bigger than my room so when he moved out about five years ago, (for the first time, he has a habit of breaking up with his girlfriend and moving back in.) I soon claimed it. I moved all my things in, including my bunk bed. It was just a high bed with a computer table and drawers underneath, no bottom bunk.

One night my boyfriend (at the time) stayed over and we were sleeping in the high bed. It was pitch black, (I'm okay sleeping in the dark when someone is with me.) and he was asleep and I was just getting there. I started hearing this panting from somewhere below us in the room. It sounded like a dogs panting and the dog that came to mind was a Rottweiler. I have no idea why.

I don't have a dog, in fact I don't have any pets at all because the house I'm living in is rented and 'No pets allowed'. I know right?

So anyway, I'm hearing this dog panting and I wake up my ex boyfriend and ask him if he hears it too, and he says no he can't. I know what I heard... Eventually I fell asleep.

I moved back into my small room shortly after, because my brother moved back in. I've asked him if he heard any strange noises, but he just give me a 'look'. He doesn't believe in the paranormal.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

That couldn't have been my mum:

I was sat here, at the computer about a year ago. My dad was in the kitchen washing up just a few feet away from me. The kitchen door was open and the door is just on the right of the computer. The stairs, (you can see through the reflection of the kitchen window) are behind me on my right side and the door to the living room is behind me on the left. I hope you got all that.

My mum was sorting out all the washed clothes in the middle room where I am on the computer and I swore that she went upstairs. I saw her from the corner of my eye walking up them. You know how you just get a feeling? Well, I said "Dad? Did Mum just go upstairs then?" He said "Yeah I think so." Then I called her, and she was in the living room the whole time.

I don't know what to make of these. Like I said, I won't just blame everything on an innocent spirit that may or may not be there. I don't know if any of them are actually 'paranormal experiences' or just other things that may have caused them.

What do you think?

Other hauntings by RabbitHeartedGirl

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RabbitHeartedGirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RabbitHeartedGirl (2 stories) (19 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
Lakota

Your very welcome and I'm looking forward to reading your stories.

Xxx
Lakota73 (5 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-23)
Hi RabbitHeartedGirl,

I have just had one story published and will definitely post the one about these experiences.

We didn't get hurt/injured, just startled.

Thanks for encouraging me to post my story and I will definitely read your new story as I've enjoyed reading the one on this page.

Lakota73, 😊 x
RabbitHeartedGirl (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-23)
Thank you Lakota for feeling that you could share your experience with me. Maybe you could think about posting it as a story? I'm sure others would be interested in reading it also. Especially the throwing at your feet, that's a little poltergeistish. Hope you or your daughter didn't get hurt.

I've sent in another story about a school were I used to work not long ago. It's just going through the acceptance stage so I hope it get's published.
I'd be happy if you could have a read through it. 😊 xxx
Lakota73 (5 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
Hi RabbitHeartedGirl,

When my friend died, for ages after I felt really affected by her passing. When my ex died myself and my older daughter (not his child) both - on seperate occassions - had items thrown at our feet in the kitchen.

I never knew why they choose me to communicate with. Maybe they tried different people, but found they somehow could get through to me before they continued their journey.

I have never felt anything from them since, even though I have thought about them a lot. One thing is for sure, I would definitely recognise that feeling again.

Thank you for taking an interest in my reply. If it wasn't for your story I guess I would have never have shared my experiences.

Lakota 😊 xx
RabbitHeartedGirl (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
Lakota

Ahh right, so you basically experienced what they did at the time. Like the girl had asthma and you heard breathing and your ex had a hemorrhage and you felt ready to collapse like he would have done.
I'm sorry for your loses especially for you daughter losing her dad. I hope you don't mind me saying that it is interesting how you felt those feelings when the time came for them. But overall they are horrible ways to go and at such young ages.
Thanks for sharing this with me. Have you felt anything from them since? If not I hope they have found their way.
Xxx
Lakota73 (5 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-20)
Hi RabbitHeartedGirl,

I heard the brething when my friend died of an asthma attack and I felt ready to collapse almost when my ex passed away of a brain haemorrhage.

I think possibly none of them were ready to pass over at such young ages and looked around for someone they knew to connect with as they were passing. Another reason for close relatives not contacting me on passing is that they remained close in life and knew this woud be so in the afterlife.

With you not knowing quite why the breathing is happening in your bedroom, when you rearrange your furniture you could always say a prayer beforehand, if you believe this will protect you.

Maybe this spirit needs to connect with you, possibly someone that didn't get the chance to say goodbye or it needs your help in some way.

Hope you find out.

Lakota 😊
RabbitHeartedGirl (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-20)
Hey Lakota

It is a bit weird how you sensed the two of them slipping but no one else closer to you. I wonder what the breathing is then?

I haven't tried moving my bed yet, because I've had my friends staying over at my house, cramped up in my tiny bedroom. I didn't want to freak them out if something did happen haha.

I think I'm going to try it maybe tonight or tomorrow. I will be careful though I don't want to disturb anyone or anything.

And I won't take that the wrong way don't worry. 😁
Lakota73 (5 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-18)
Hi RabbitHeartedGirl,

I personally believe I did feel her slipping from this world. This incident played on my mind for a very long time after. A similar incident happened a few years ago when my daughter's father died. I felt the same weird sensation, but no breathing noises this time. I've lost close relatives and have never felt them slip from this world. Not sure why I should experience it from a friend I hadn't seen for ages or from an ex-bf I parted with on upsetting terms.
You could try moving your bed to its 'paranormal link' position, but please try to be careful not to disturb any presence that is not welcome in your home.
Many people do believe that if you move furniture or make changes to your home it can sometimes disturb 'sleeping spirits'.
Don't take this the wrong way but I'm glad I now know of someone else who has experienced the same as me.
Please keep your experiences posted on here.

Lakota73 😊
RabbitHeartedGirl (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-18)
Lakota

Wow how weird is that? You think your strange feeling could be due to the girl dying? Poor girl! 😢
I'm glad you shared that story. It's interesting to know that you have had the same sort of experience.
I'm tempted to move my bed back into the same position now to find out if it starts up again.
Lakota73 (5 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-17)
I had a similar experience way back in the summer of 1987. My family and I were on holiday in Spain when I get the oddest feeling something wasn't quite right. I couldn't remember my last day in England and even wondered if I'd argued with a friend before we flew out. I felt physically ill, too. Instead of enjoying that day with the rest of the teenagers (friends, relatives, etc.) I sat on my bed in the hotel room desperately trying to shake off this feeling.
When we arrived back home early hours one morning, the family literally dropped in their beds from exhaustion. That is when I first heard breathing. I tried to ignore it, but eventually I ran into my parents room and demanded my dad check out the room and wardrobe - he found nothing! When I got back in bed, I heard it again. The next morning an old neighbour came to visit to say his daughter had died of an asthma attack on the day I felt ill in Spain. What related my story to yours is that I also moved my bed before I went on holiday and I don't know why but I related it to the breathing sounds and quickly rearranged my room to hear nothing again.
Sorry my post is long but I've never heard of anyone else experiencing this before.
RabbitHeartedGirl (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-17)
Spencer
Thanks for the advice and I will try to get some information about the house. I'm not concerned about it I just wanted to share my story.

Stephy
There was nothing wrong with my hearing, because I would have heard the noises in places other than my bedroom. But thanks for your concern. 😊
stephyw2001 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-17)
Hmm. Well I guess my first question would be have you ever had your hearing checked? Just to rule that out. If you have ever had fluid behind your ears, it does make wierdo noises. (I used to have a lot of inner ear problems).
spencer9997 (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-17)
I can see why you wouldn't want to immediately jump to blaming a ghost, but I do strongly believe in the paranormal. My advice would to be look up information on the house to find out its age and maybe any odd incidences.

I wouldn't be concerned about it, though.

Good luck, keep us updated,
Spencer9997

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: