You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Seeing My Great-grandfather One Last Time

Real Ghost Stories

Seeing My Great-grandfather One Last Time

 

My name is Kaitlin and I wanted to share this experience with other people who have seen the paranormal.

In the early 1960s my great grandfather came back from World War 2, married his wife, and built a house in which I am currently living now. They had five children and they had children as well. Before I was born my great-grandmother died in her sleep, in an upstairs bedroom of the house that her husband had built for their family.

I was born and then my mother became pregnant with my brother a year after. My great-grandfather became very sick and took many trips to the hospital so my parents decided we should all live in the house and take care of her grandpa.

I was about three-years-old when my great-grandfather had died. He was in the living room watching TV in his hospital bed while my mom was feeding my few months old baby brother in the dining room. My mom heard him calling from the other room. She went in to the living room and I followed.

He said, "I love you, please tell everyone I love them." He started breathing heavily and he shut his eyes. My mom dialed 911 and started yelling at him to "hold on, hold on" and I did too. I was too young to understand what was going on, although I do remember bits and pieces.

My great-grandfather died in his house. My mom and I watched him in his last moments. He was revived in the ambulance and then died later again at the hospital.

Days later our family was over and in our basement looking through his personal effects. I was upstairs in the living room. My mom came upstairs to ask if I wanted something to eat and I was standing in the middle of the room staring into the corner of the room. That corner of the room was where he would sit in his chair every single day while he would watch TV and read the newspaper.

My mom asked me what I was doing and I said that I was talking to a man in the corner of the room. "What do you mean there is a man in the corner of the room?" my mom asked. "He is very tall and he has a red sweatshirt on, jeans, and a blue hat! He is very nice. He says he misses everyone and he is going to meet great-grandma very soon." I said. These are my exact words because my mom wrote down what had happened and what I had said. My great-grandpa was over six feet tall, always wore jeans, a navy hat, and had a favorite red sweatshirt. After that I sort of remember him shining with a bright light then that light disappearing. My mom said she didn't see or hear a single thing.

I wanted to share this experience with you. It isn't scary, but I like to think my great-grandpa could talk to me one last time and he decided to tell his family that he was going to be okay.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kaitlin_marie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mariposa (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-21)
A really touching story. Something like this happened to my friend a couple of years ago. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Marco_Paulo (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-22)
A touching story, something like that happened to me as well, I really know how you feel now when thinking about this
JayGamer (31 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
Yeah I think your great grandfather wanted to see you one last time so he showed you how he used to look when he was young.
stephyw2001 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-17)
Aww that's a really nice story. I'm really glad your mom thought to write it down! That is definitely something you'd want your family to remember for generations to come. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: