You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Here When I'm Needed

Real Ghost Stories

Here When I'm Needed

 

I've been reading stories on this site for a few months and finally decided to share my story. It's not scary but more comforting, well, for me anyways. It is still hard to talk about it.

It happened in the summer of 2008. I had just turned 21 and my boyfriend at that time just turned 22. Our birthdays were 2 days apart. We were together for 3.5 years when he passed away in a single car accident. He passed away on the spot. We used to talk about what would happen if one of us died, and he joked that he would haunt me forever. He kept his words but not about the forever part.

He passed away on a Wednesday, and on Friday night I took his pillow up with me to sleep in his sister's room (we lived together). Before I went to bed I told him (in my head) that I will be in his sister's room in case he couldn't find me. The next thing that happened was the realest experience with the paranormal I have ever had. Sure enough, as I laid down, I felt...different. That's the only way I can describe it. I wasn't cold or anything, though. Then I saw him at my feet on the floor (I was sleeping on the floor that night) with a smile, not scary one, but a comforting one. I told him I don't care if this is a dream or real, I'm just glad that he was there. He came up to me, placed his hand on my shoulder and gently pushed me down and I slept until morning.

As time went on, he would come into my dreams and talk to me. I would let him know what was going on in my life and when I had a new boyfriend. I told him in my dream and he said that he knew with a smile. I am now 25 and married for a year. He has been with me every single day, I know it. Every time I feel like everything is too much, I ask if I can "see" him in my dreams and not once did he not come to me.

Until recently, I'm at a happier place in my life. I prayed to him one day to let him know that I am being taken care of now, and that he can go on to wherever he had to go. I knew it was selfish to keep him for a bit but I needed him then so much. I lost him too suddenly and wasn't ready to let him go.

Last month, I felt the need to "see" him again, and it had been a long time since I have. However, he didn't come, and I don't think he will any more. But that's okay because I know he's somewhere better now and looking down on me.

P.S. There's more to him. I will save it for the next story.

Other hauntings by notjustme

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, notjustme, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-19)
This is random but are the old Mods still here like zzsgranny, BadJuuJuu, and I have not heard from swimsinfire for a while too. Hope ya'll doing good.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-05)
Thanks Moraskev for commenting. We were like fire together, it was crazy but it was our crazy 😊 ❤
Moraskev (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-01)
Beautiful! You lost his body but not his presence. You two must have been amazing with eachother for him to stay with you all this time. I wish you the best with your life. And thank you for commenting on my story as well. 😊
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-12)
ChrisB - yes he continues to comfort me when I need him. I saw him recently because our close friend just passed. That story should be coming if I remembered to submit 😁
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
He is still there. They allways are. Loved ones allways take care of us. Thank you for this story and take care
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-26)
Gayatrishiva- Thank you very much for reading my story. Isn't it awesome to know that "life" isn't just now... But forever? We will see them again one day 😳
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-05)
This story really touched me and brought tears in my eyes. Yes its possible it has happaned to me with my brother who has passed away. You are not crazy dear
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-27)
Thanks to everyone who read my story. It felt very nice to share it and not look crazy:)
I will post more soon about him. Thanks again!
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-18)
This is so sweet! Thank you for sharing. I can't imagine how difficult that must have been for you, but I'm glad that he was there to help you through it.
Aproxyte (10 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-18)
This is beautiful, thank you for sharing it with us. This is going to my fav. ❤
micktheman (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-17)
I think he is still looking out for you hun, it is a nice story, he will take a back stage now that you have anther chance of happyness, but he will still be there for you just put your thoughts out to him when you need him and he will come
😊
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-17)
Beautiful story. I like to think that they always stay with us, until they know that we will be ok without them. I'm glad you let him know that you were ok, and he could move on.:)
torabla (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-17)
You brought tears to my eyes. I am a true beliver I know life does not end with death just a beginning of a new journey.
LindaG (3 stories) (32 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-16)
I loved your story! He stayed to watch over you until you felt you were okay. That is so sweet! I'm looking forward to more stories about him. Take care.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: