You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Lights Turning On

Real Ghost Stories

Lights Turning On

 

This story that I am about to tell happened only last night. It seems everything strange happened yesterday and this morning... But moving on, It started like this. Ss usual I always go to bed the latest and feeling a little peckish after watching a bit of Jerry Springer, I made my way downstairs into the kitchen to find something to eat.

The rest of the family were sound asleep so I tried to do everything with as little sound as possible. As I was approaching the stairs I heard the light in the bathroom upstairs go on. But there was nobody there and the bathroom is directly in front of the landing once you get up the stairs and I was already approaching the bottom stairs. So I sprinted up the stairs already shaken to go and see who it was. But no one was there and I know I would have seen the person because they wouldn't have had enough time to get into any of the rooms!

So I just switched off the light and brushed it aside thinking it was my imagination running wild. Then I went into my room and closed the door to get down to ma snack. As the program that I was watching went on a break, I muted the sound (a habit of mine) and finished my snack. Then I heard the door open a crack and I could see only pitch black because all the lights were off (except my bedroom) and heard as if someone was walking up and down so I jumped and grabbed the door open hoping to scare whoever was trying to scare me but only ended up getting the scare when I realized no one was there!

I could hear my dad snoring and my mum snoring and my little sisters in their room snoring soundly too, so I began wandering... So quietly I switched off the light in my room and went into the bathroom and waited in anticipation while all the lights were off. Then without warning the light in my room went on and no one had gone into the room. That's when I practically freaked out! I didn't sleep in my room that night! I went into my little sister's room and laid some sheets on the floor and went to sleep!

Other hauntings by xLadyTastyx

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xLadyTastyx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
one time something ran into me it looked like the ghost who was standing in the bath one time. We ran into each other because he was racing to the bathroom. It was so scary. 😐
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
Hi thanks for sharing your story with us. I go through strange things in my house. Last week I heard a little girl's voice it was like she was playing then she made a bang. I have see ghost in this house of a teenage boy he was standing in the bath. I do hear voices and noises upstairs. I have something breathing on me at night. I know when a ghost is in the same room as me because it gets all cold and I fee like I'm being watched. 😊 I recognised the ghost from my dream.
Dragonsoul (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-03)
Hey. I think the person who is turning on lights is maybe a dead family member trying to tell you something like "i am ok/here" something like that. Could be ghosts. The land is old, but it doesn't matter how old your house is. Certain ghosts come and certain times. If you get freaked out all the time when your getting toast, I think you should do what Athena says.
-me
xLadyTastyx (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-02)
And yes I do agree with you Athena maybe the hours I keep also play a part in these occurences possibly if I'm asleep before they attack I won't have to experience it but whos to say they won't wake me up to do whatever they have to do...? Stay blessed xx
xLadyTastyx (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-31)
Hello, and thank you all for all of your well wishes and advice based on this story I will take your advice and continue to participate in discussions concerning both mine and all of yours and others, strange occurences, including advice and thoughts based on these things. Other than that thank you all and stay blessed xx All the love-x
mike8887 (3 stories) (23 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-30)
Hey, I published a few stories. Although, I didn't write about it, I've had lights turn on in my house too. Me and my brother were in my room (I was like 7 years old), and the light just turned on. I've also had other people tell me that lights went on and then off before.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-29)
I will refer you to the comment I made in your other story as I believe this to be the case with this one also. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-29)
Hey! This stuff keeps happening in the middle of the night when you are getting toast. What if you started keeping different hours?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: