You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Mothers Childhood Experience

Real Ghost Stories

My Mothers Childhood Experience

 

My story is one my mother told me of her child hood experience and I found it interesting enough to want to publish it.

My mother used to live in a detached house in London, (I don't know the exact address though if it really matters I could ask) It was an old house and had been around for a while and had in its history, been set on fire twice.

It wasn't one experience but happened regularly and it was such experiences as the door being opened, the window opening and my mother got the sense of something wanting her to get out. But the entity never harmed my mother in anyway but alas for a young girl doors windows and drawers being opened in the middle of the night was quite disturbing, though she says she got used to it. A priest had come and blessed the house and warded off evil but this did nothing to the entity. At last they decided to contact a psychic, he came and said that it had something to do with a small fire that had killed the occupant, and upon some research it turned out that a child had been saved from a fire by being thrown out the bedroom window and to the safety of the crowd below, the mother had not survived.

The psychic concluded that the spirit meant no harm and that it thought it was protecting my mother (or reliving saving the child) and that the activity was not to be worried about.

I know its not a extremely interesting story but I think its nice to know that not all entity's want to harm or freak us out and that a little research can shine a different light on most circumstances.

She has another story which I will publish shortly as I don't have a lot of details.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Buzz_man123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

majesticglory (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-20)
Thank goodness finaly one that is entirely positive. Such a nice story but at the same time sad for the spirit.

~majesticglory
Buzz_man123 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-19)
Thanks for the feedback guys it's appreciated! And as you both say it's not all evil and scary

Liam
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-19)
I really liked your story and I agree with aussiedaz. The few experiences I have had have been positive ones, it is sad that the spirit hasn't moved on I just hope she will find peace one day. ❤
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-18)
Yes there is a lot of miss conception in regards to those who continue on around us with in their own haunted minds and that's basically what keeps this poor women attached to that home, she's not ready to let go of what happened in her past and with your mother being only a child, it filled that void of loneliness for her and gave her a sense of purpose, she will eventually cross over and find the peace she deserve's, but she don't deserve the demon brigade casting her back to hell for a few rattles, knocks and noises with in the home... I hear you on that one mate and thank you for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: