You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Shadows And Growls

Real Ghost Stories

Shadows And Growls

 

For a few months now, I've had trouble sleeping because I thought I saw a figure in my room at night. At first it started out towards the back wall and while it was creepy, I would tell myself that it was just me seeing things. I have always been a rational person and eventually, I came to ignore the figure I thought I was seeing. Still, even after I adjusted, I had a hard time sleeping. I found this a little unusual since I normally don't have any problems sleeping.

About a month ago it looked like the shadow was standing beside my bed, looking down at me. At first I wasn't sure whether I was seeing anything, especially since I am very good at psyching myself out. But I was forced to go to sleep with my MP3 player on so I wouldn't overreact to the normal creaking of the house. I eventually came to tell a friend of mine and long story short after trying to find out, we were fairly certain that there was a good possibility that something might be in my room. This knowledge made me excited. I think that it made it less creepy to me as it didn't feel so unknown to me anymore. Afterwards, I told my friend Bre.

We both decided to try and speak with the spirit. We were curious. So we made a Ouija Board and waited until 3am. Yes, please do not waste your breath on how we shouldn't have tried it. I was warned many times, I assure you, and I did research to make sure I worked with the board properly. We did make contact with something but it actually did not communicate through the board. The spirit was actually communicating to us through a candle. After a few minutes of abnormal movement and such, we closed the session so we could focus more on the candle and not have the Ouija board active longer than what we had intended to use it for. I had turned off the A/C and the fan; there are no drafts in my room and we even made sure to angle our faces away from the candle so our breath would not influence the movement of the fire. I know it sounds unstable evidence and had I not been there, I would have been extremely skeptical about a story like this if anyone had told it to me. If you doubt me, I don't blame you in the least.

Essentially, we did not see any kind of activity until Bre addressed this old stuffed animal she had. For the years I have known her, she claimed that her stuffed animal was some form of spirit ward or had something attached to it. She had even claimed that it had helped in a demon attack.

When she began to ask questions of the stuffed animal, the candle, which had been almost completely still, began to flicker. And it wasn't just normal flickering. The flame was quivering as if someone had taken a hand and began to jiggle the fire. I stopped Brittany from asking questions and pointed it out to her. We soon had the spirit bending the fire in certain ways to answer yes or no questions. We even would occasionally say, "I'm sorry to doubt you but just to be sure could you bend the fire this way?" The flame would move whatever direction we asked it to in those situations. And it would move in such a way that a candle could not naturally do. Before the end of the session, we asked the spirit for one final confirmation: to blow out the candle. It was unable to do so but twice it nearly extinguished the flame and it led us to believe that the spirit was low on energy or had not the energy to begin with to completely blow out the fire. We ended the session and thanked the spirit for communicating with us.

This part of the night was a positive experience. The spirit was very patient with us and the entire time (though it could have been just my imagination) I felt a positive energy. Mind you I'm not psychic and I very well could have been wrong, but right from the start that spirit felt friendly. The two of us went to bed, feeling happy and excited. Brittany fell asleep first with her stuffed animal in arm. I was lying in bed, on my stomach about to drift off when I heard something. Right next to my left ear, I heard a low growl. It didn't last long, only a few seconds and I'm almost positive I did not imagine it. Yes, we do have dogs, three in fact, but we crate them at 10 every night in the living room. Even IF they were growling, it would not have sounded so close to my ear.

I froze for a moment after I heard the growl and I felt fingers run lightly across my back. Then 20 minutes later, when I readjusted and turned my head the other way, I heard the growl again in my right ear. After that, I felt some fingers run across the back of my neck. But what was the most frightening of all of that. Each time, I felt that I was touched, my body reacted. The best word I can think of is that it convulsed and completely against my will. It wasn't the same as shivers from neither fear nor cold. The convulsions only lasted for a few seconds but it was still frightening to feel myself lose control like that. I have no history of epilepsy in my family, and as far as I know, I have no brain disorders that could potentially cause such reactions. I did manage to fall asleep, although I don't know how and I woke with no marks the next morning.

I spread salt around the room just in case as I have no sage to burn. I spoke with Brittany and she had no problems sleeping at all that night. I have no way of knowing if this was the original ghost that was in my room or if another spirit had come in through the Ouija board. My dogs had no problem but my cat seemed a bit wary and would stare with wide eyes beneath the bed. A few days later, cat has no problem and would go under the bed to play with the bed skirt and attack my feet as I walked by.

I told my friend Rebecca about the experiences a few nights prior. She came over that day and we tried to communicate again, using only a candle. We got a response. Some of it was hard to make out and we even tested other places in the house but the only way we could get any activity was if it was in my room. We were able to find a few definite, clear replies. The spirit expressed that it did not like Rebecca being there. It also said that it was the one that growled in my ear and claimed that it was my guardian spirit.

This makes me a bit nervous. I'm no expert on this kind of thing, but it sounds like a flat out lie if a spirit that growled in my ear and its touch caused me to convulse claims to be a guardian spirit. Something that is supposed to protect you should not do such things, in my personal opinion. However, I could be wrong, but that still doesn't seem quite right. I don't know if it's still here. I haven't had anymore growls or communication out of it, even though I tried to get some answers. The only odd thing is that sometimes, walking through the house, it smells like burning candles and it always seems to happen when I'm in the house alone.

Still, I feel uneasy. Like its not really gone and it could be something nasty. I don't have many available options if it should be something bad. Being in a small town in Georgia, there are not many available options for the supernatural. If anyone has some insight on this, it would be appreciated. Or even if anyone knows how to determine if the spirit is still present. Also, would changing of rooms help? I've already changed rooms (but because my parents wanted me too). No religious comments please.

Other hauntings by NightKunoichi

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NightKunoichi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Crestal126 (74 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-03)
Ok. Thanks as well I hope what ever is bothering you well go away. But thanks again.
NightKunoichi (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-17)
[at] Crestal: It was kind of hard to tell. To be frankly honest, it sounded like a mix. It sounded not quite human and not quite animal. Either way, things have quieted down. I still sometimes see something in my room at night but nothing has happened beyond that.
Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-12)
Why do demons or evil spirits growl at someone liked in this story?
Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-12)
First was it a human growl or an animal growl? If you could tell me that would be great! 😁
belle2680 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-19)
A Growl is a sign of an evil entity, which most likely came from the Ouija board, you should have listened to the warnings you got before about using Ouija boards, good luck.
UNCSammy (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-31)
me and my wife had a similar situation happen to us in 2005 with a growl. 2 things 1 a growl is a sign of either a demon or evil entity probably came from the Ouija board. If it is a demon sage is not a good idea sage is for human ghost demons are non human ghost. I'm no expert but after our experience we had a team of paranormal investigators come over which included a demonologist which told us about sage. I'm curious did anyone die in your house ever? If not then how about on your property you can find out at your local library. If not then its more likely a non human entity. Which from what I understand takes a house exorcisim which you can do you don't need a priest or holy water like in the movies just a cross and a bible and real psalm 2:17 until you feel safe. Hope this helps
butthead (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-25)
the spirit suggesting it did not like your friend there, makes me wonder if this is because your friend is one person who knows/believes what you are going through, and that is something that does not render you so 'alone and vulnerable', because that person will listen to you and try to help you should you ask for it, too many times i've read accounts of communication where something on 'the other side' is 'not pleasent' and in a variety of different yet similar ways attempts to persaude the person in contact with it that it prefers his or her company alone. As anyone willing to help someone ward off such a thing is obviously a threat, or in the least an obsticale.
It's my thoughts anyway.

Thank you for sharing this ❤
NightKunoichi (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-25)
Thanks guys for all of your input! Once I hit 10 posts, you all are getting a vote up!:3

[at] Rook: I will try this the first opportunity I can get. Now, should I have someone with me when I do that cleansing? Or can I do it by myself? And if I do have to have someone at the cleansing, does it have to be the same person?

[at] Zyke: So far no. I've still had some cases where things fall off of my desk that shouldn't have been able to and the cat was on the bed with me. And I'll sometime see something out of the corner of my eye, but I haven't had it do anything directly to me. I'll sometimes smell cologne when I'm in the house alone and like I said in my story, some burning candles but nothing has happened specifically to me.

[at] Geetha: If I try any of those, it will have to be inviting friends over. I can honestly say that my step-dad is the biggest contributor to the negative energy in the house. You can literally FEEL it when he walks in. Even some of my own friends have said as much. At the point he is now, he is almost IMPOSSIBLE to talk to let alone do things with. Even my mom is walking on eggshells around him and they're like best friends otherwise. I used to just leave the house whenever he was home to get away from the negative energy but things have gotten worse since I've had a problem with my right arm. I can't work my old job and have yet to find a new one, so that makes me have to be very careful on how I use my gas. So then I get stressed, and mom gets stressed because of both my step-dad and I and it's been constantly growing since May when all of my problems with my arm started. =_= ugh.

[at] White wolf: I thought about that once but it doesn't quite add up. She's been coming over to my house for years, and saying told me about that demon experience when she first met me (also the demon was at a friends house and she only experienced it there). If it did follow her, why choose now to stay here? Then again, maybe it's newly attached to her. Either way, I'm just going to try and get rid of it if I can.
navy123 (8 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-22)
no it's not a gardian spirit becuse gardian spirits aren't supposed to make you feel uneasy they are supposed to make you feel safe and are supposed to let you have a restful sleep. NOT growl in your ear and make you convulse like that.

Hope this helped with your ghost problem
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-22)
NightKunoichi,

I would not like to put blame on your friend but it is possible that the entity could have followed her to your house since she had claimed to have had an encounter with a demon. I would also like to say that if it was a demon that your friend encountered that she should be careful not use a spirit board since it could still be around waiting to come back demons usually do not go away unless your force them to leave.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
As you might have figured it out by now, you have a dark entity in your house. You are right in that your guardian angel won't growl or hurt you in anyway. The previous owner doing drugs could have started the negative entity but couldn't give it enough energy. I think the renovations and the fighting in the family might have given it more energy. And let's not forget the Ouija Board. As you might have learnt now, don't play with it. I haven't used it personally but I have read enough on this site to send shivers down my spine and I wouldn't be playing with it.

It's a good start with the salt. I suggest that you use Rook's cleansing method. I personally know that it works because I have tried it. I would suggest you do the cleansing a few time in order to get rid the entity. And then keep doing it at less once a month to keep it clean. One thing about this cleansing method is that you can adjust it according to your religious faith (whatever it may be).

Some other suggestions would be to create a positive atmosphere. Clean your room and open the door / window to let in some fresh air. Do things with your whole family as much as you and bring laughter into the home. The more the merrier, so have a house party and invite some of your closest friends to hang out. Positive energy will weaken the negative energy anytime.
zyke17 (12 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
I'd suggest you do what rookdygin said, because usually spirits dwell in dark quiet places, because no one can disturb them there, and please stop using the ouija board. It just opens your house to all kinds of spirits. And also about the salt thing it's really effective, we tried it once and it really helped... So far the spirit doesn't bother you anymore? 😐
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-20)
Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Rook
NightKunoichi (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-19)
[at] feathers

No sage. I don't have any and I'm flat broke, as in have not been able to work all summer. Now so far the spirit's left me alone so I haven't really been clawing for it. But I did manage to find someone who could help if things get bad. So for now, I'm going to keep my ear to the ground.
falling_feathers (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-19)
I'd say that it was stress that brought to your home. I've also communicated with a spirit through a candle. Didn't actually mean to though freaked me out a lot. I don't really agree with Marzee suggesting a night light. I sleep with a light on but it doesn't stop my grandfather from coming and visiting when he wants too. But now he knows it scares me. Maybe it works on 'evil' spirits/ghosts though. Have you tried burning sage?
NightKunoichi (2 stories) (14 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-18)
[at] Marzee

Well see, that's the thing, I've received communication and signs like that in the day as well. But I have kept the salt close at hand.

[at] Jojo

I tried looking up the history of the house but couldn't really find much. All I could really find was that the house was built in 1994. Not that old. Now my mom told me that the neighbors before us were a little on the wacky side. As in the woman of the house would sometimes be found on the roofs of other houses. And there are dings and dents in the front door because of how people would come around and try to break in and stuff because the previous owners were doing drugs. But we've lived in this house for at least 4 years and have had nothing weird.

I do have an idea on how it happened though. We started renovations in Febuary and things have been getting really tense around the house. There's a lot of negative energy because we are all very stressed and it's been building up for a while. I started noticing the shadow and having a hard time sleeping around April to May. And the stress has only increased since then. So, that' my theory on how it came around.
1324jojo (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-18)
Do you know the history of your house? If not look it up online or ask one of your neighbors. Try not to anger the spirit cause if you do they could ruin your life... 😐
Marzee (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-18)
Keeping out a spirit or physical form would be a night light because such things hate light (hence only present at night).

Wearing red clothing I guess that has something to do with the fear of blood.

Also creating barriers using ashes of black coal from BBQ's (make sure there aren't any spaces or unfilled barriers where they can slip through) or salt.

Where I base these guidelines is from Filipino beliefs and self experience hope this helps.:)

Hope this helps:)

P.S You mentioned that it was a black shadow which Filipinos indicate a bad spirit and white is good so I believe your right that its not a guardian.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: