You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: I Wonder If Things Still Happen There

Real Ghost Stories

I Wonder If Things Still Happen There

 

My story begins about six years ago. I had met a man that we will call D and moved in with him and his mother. She was really sick with emphysema and needed help with a lot of things. D and I had been together a little over a year when tragically his mother passed away. It was the first time I had lost someone I was close to me and I was a mess.

Time moved on and D and I decided to have a baby together. Shortly after becoming pregnant, I started noticing little things like a kitchen cabinet being open after I closed it. I chalked it up to being wrong and continued on with my day. After my daughter was born things became very interesting. Whenever D and I would talk about his mother, the rope to pull down the attic stairs would start swinging in circles. Our bedroom was always cold and D would often stay up after I had gone to bed so I would lay there thinking I wish I could be warm. I would feel someone lay next to me and instantly be warmer. Most people would run for their lives; I just chalked it up to my imagination.

As our daughter got older I noticed she would stare at the wall along the ceiling and follow something with her eyes. Her aunt passed when she was only five months old. After the funeral my daughter sat and "talked" to a picture of her aunt and giggled. She used to lay in her crib and babble away like little ones do. It was shortly after her aunt passed away she started waking me up around 3 am screaming every night. It sounded like pure terror and any parent on here will understand when I say I about broke my neck getting to her. I'm not sure if this is still happening as life has a way of being cruel and I haven't seen my daughter in four years.

When she was around two, I was talking to my mom on the phone. It was about 8 pm and pitch black outside as it was winter time. We lived eight miles out of town so when I say pitch black, I mean it. My daughter was playing with toys as my mom and I chatted about nothing important.

All of a sudden the phone makes a beeping noise and then the dial tone, but we could still hear each other. Kinda like a busy signal then the dial tone is the best way to describe it. I had told my mom to tell her b/f to knock it off cause he was scaring me. She insisted it wasn't him so now I'm really freaking out. Just as I was going to say it was a fluke or old phone lines causing it the same thing happened again. This time I started to cry because I thought maybe just maybe they were playing a cruel trick on me. I had been facing the window and turned to check on my daughter when both my stereo and the TV turned up full blast. No one was near them, and the remotes were put up out of my daughter's reach. I told my mom that I was leaving to go down to the house my b/f was working on. She said good idea and hung up.

It was the middle of winter time and the baby only had a onesie on but I didn't stop to get her dressed. I got her safe in her car seat and tore out of the driveway like my butt was on fire. I pulled up to where D was working and he laughed in my face, but came home with me because I refused to be alone.

Shortly after that incident my daughter and I were home alone once again. She was in her highchair talking away while I finished up making us lunch. I walked into the dining room and realized I had left her drink sitting on the kitchen counter. The cabinet was open so I shut it. Walked back into the dining room to realize I had left one thing or another in the kitchen and went back in to retrieve it. The cabinet was open, once again I shut it. I backed into the dining room this time to the amusement of my daughter and waited a few minutes before checking to see if my cabinet was open again. Well let's just say I shut it and didn't go back in there for the rest of the day.

A few other things that happened in that house were the baby's toys would go off by themselves. She had a Barbie car that used to do circles in the kitchen and would slam into the base board.

D's son from a previous marriage made the attic his bedroom and he would wake up with scratches on him.

My dogs would not go in my bedroom to save their lives.

At Christmas time I took pictures and got the shock of my life when looking at them. Not only were orbs in every single one but one picture I took of D has the kitchen in the background. You can clearly see what looks like a woman standing there all smoky like. I wish I still had these photos but D kept them when he made me leave.

Well that's my story folks. I hope you enjoyed it!

Other hauntings by hersweetestdesire

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hersweetestdesire, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

beautifuleden (2 stories) (66 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-26)
wow! I would kill anyone who tried to take my daughter from me! You are her mom, you have rights! I would get a lawyer, 4 years is an eternity to not see your child! Please don't just let her go, you will regret it one day... Good luck! ❤
arina (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-23)
It could be someone how lived there in the past and died they probably just want you to know that ther ther and when I say that I mean like opening cabinets and switching on tvs and stereos at the same time. 😐
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
hersweetestdesire: Sorry about the bad things that have happened to you in your life, in a way I get the feeling from reading your story and your posts that some of the paranormal activity you have experienced may due to the negative energy that was present at the time, I think there was more then 1 spirit roaming that house.
I hope you can move forward bringing light and love in to your life and hopefuly your daughter again as well. All the best to you.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
hersweetestdesire (2 stories) (13 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
redtearvisions,
Did you seriously say that? Why would I ever be happy that my ex made me leave my home and daughter?
hersweetestdesire (2 stories) (13 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
Hi everyone sorry its taken me so long to leave a comment myself. As for everyone who is saying I should get a lawyer. I did look into it the past year but I have to do so much before I can even begin to look at getting visitation with her. I was in a bad place in my life (hell still am) and let my depression take over my house cleaning duties. Lets just say it wasn't pretty the night he called the cops and they let him take her. Was it the right thing for him to do? I believe that yes it was. Did he do it the right way? No he didn't. Going back to the ghost story aspect of this I honestly believe that it was her aunt and grandma who were keeping us company. Maybe someday I will meet her and be able to ask, until then I can only speculate on what might be happening.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
The activity that you experienced and what your daughter was reacting to could have been the spirit of D's mother, your daughter's aunt, or both of them. I don't know what your relationship was like with D but if there was a lot of arguing and negativity in the home that could attract negative spirits as well. What is really boggling my mind is how D can force you to leave and not see your daughter for four years. I hope you are in the process of getting her back and that everything works out for you.
princess03688 (6 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
By the way don't let D take your right to see your daughter. Secondly if you bring him to court you will get custody not him. In most family cases the mom will more than likely to win. 😊
princess03688 (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
you should really talk to a spiritualist about your experiences. Maybe they could shed some light on those instances.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
[at] Hunter_11
The post is addressing someone personally. Did you not notice this?

Jav
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
hersweetestdesire- sounds like a lot of negativity and sadness in your life, Bad things happen to good people and I hope things get better for you in the future. Keep positive and remain strong and true to your purpose.
Hunter_11 (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
Well very sad D left you. 😢.
And jav. You are talking about whom?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
[at] redtearvisions,
Listen kid, I don't know where you came from, I don't care either. But the stuff you are telling folks is downright idiotic. You have been watching too much TV, movies, video games, or something. But those things are for entertainment. Not real life. You are quickly becoming the troll on this site. Trolls don't last long here. If you want to stick around and give advice, I suggest you do a lot more reading and a lot less talking for now. Do your homework and study up on how things are really done in these type of situations. You are not a ghost whisperer, there is no such thing as a ghost whisperer. That was a made up word for a television show. That shows stories are not real. They were made up as well. Read these stories, study the comments and see the type of advice gets listened to and what doesn't. Learn first. Talk later. Right now you are making a huge fool of yourself in front of everyone. If you don't want to be laughed out of here you will pay attention to what I am trying to tell you and stop this foolishness. You are acting like a 10 year old. Grow up and act like you really do want to know what you are talking about. Stop saying you have an Angel and a demon twin sisters, that is going to embarrass you terribly once you learn how to do this right.
Sit back, read, study, and learn something first so you stop looking like a fool.

Jav
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
redtearvisions,

So the O/P should be HAPPY? She should be happy she can't be with her daughter...

And in another comment you say you have an ANGEL and a DEMON that watch over you?!?

This may seem rude of me but I'm calling TROLL!

Respectfully,

Rook

LNTP
redtearvisions (3 posts)
-4
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
well be happy he did make you leave... It seems the ghost of D's mother didn't like you and your daughter's aunt wanted to keep her there but have you leave... And your daughter is like me she ca hear the ghost speak and maybe see them like me, we can also talk back to them...
P.S.
If you want advice message me at waterbpi [at] aol.com
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-20)
If your ex is the one keeping your daughter from you, you should get a lawyer.

Was your ex's family the kind to spook? Would you think it could be them? Sorry that you had to go through all of that. If something like this happens again. Take charge and let them know where they're places are
paranorm12 (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-19)
he made you leave, why? I believe you and I don't even no you but d was you boyfriend and he should of trusted you. Urgghhh,boyfriend's are so cruel sometimes.
Blackmoonmage20 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-19)
Nice story! I think that it is your daughter's aunt who was in the picture.
Share further experiences if there are any and thank you for your story! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: