You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Leave Me Alone

Real Ghost Stories

Leave Me Alone

 

If you're looking for a scare, then this is not the story to read, but if you are the kind of person that likes trying to 'explain' things or hear about strange things, then this might interest you. Although I was pretty young when most of this happened, I still remember most occurrences, and I can promise you that all of the following is true and not made up.

I'm not sure how old I was back then, but when I was little, I lived in a trailer with my parents. It wasn't a trailer park, it was just a small dirt road with a few trailers lined up on the sides. Each trailer had a large backyard and a full driveway. So that's just a bit about the set up of it.

Now to the story: I haven't searched anything about the history of that place, but in that trailer, I would "feel" the presence of a thin lady, specifically with a violet-purple dress. I never met a woman like that, but somehow I just 'felt' it in the trailer. We had two bathrooms, one of them had a full bath, the other one was one of those "stand-up" showers. Whenever I was in the bath one, I would feel like there was someone else in the room, but I still felt safe knowing that my parents were in the kitchen just across the wall, but in the 'shower' bathroom, I didn't feel safe at all because it was a part of the trailer that felt 'isolated' from the rest of the place and I was constantly looking out for strangers.

What I just mentioned wasn't really a 'thrill' of course, but here's the real interesting part: Sometimes when I lied down in the living room, I would feel someone trying to lift me up. I remember one time I was just lying face down with my eyes close, and I felt someone grab my hips, and I felt my body trying to be lifted. I instantly opened my eyes and looked to see if it was one of my parents, but no one was in the living room at the time. I was a bit freaked out and I decided to stick with my parents the rest of the day.

Now, some of you could say, "It was just your imagination", but here's my response to that: Does MY imagination also affect my parents? When we were at a friend's house one time, I overheard my parents talking to my friend's parents. My parents said things about hearing window shades open and close, hearing knocks on windows/doors, hearing talking in the backyard, and feeling being lifted when they were lying down. It really caught my attention when they said they felt they were being lifted sometimes too, because it reassured me that it wasn't just me feeling that. I never really heard about the other things though. I do remember one time my dad woke me up at night and took me to the front door of the trailer and we stood there for a while. It looked as if he was searching for something outside, but I didn't know what was going on. I do remember another time he had taken me out at night too, our dog was barking and when we went outside, the dog wasn't on its leash anymore and it was at the way back of the yard looking even further back where there was only tall grass, so I didn't know what happened with that either. Maybe it could've just been someone.

This part may sound fake, and I believe it was fake too, but one time my dad told me to never go in my neighbor's yard, because he was a wizard. I didn't really believe in wizards (and I still don't), so I was just like "Oh, whatever. He's probably just trying to scare me", but it did get me thinking a bit about my neighbor (s). Their yard did have some weird stuff in there and it seemed that he/she/they were never outside, they just stayed inside all the time, I guess. Their car never moved, the grass stayed the same height, nothing outside was ever moved around, so that did get me thinking. It's like if the place had been abandoned, but they left everything behind. I mean, who would leave a whole car behind?

So how did all of this end? I don't even know. We moved to apartments a few months later, I think my parents had been planning to for quite a long time. The apartment was located about 15-20 miles away from the trailer I was in before. In the apartment, I only had 2 more experiences. One night it was storming outside and it was difficult for me to sleep because of the heat inside the room. Eventually I fell asleep, and I woke up later on. I was having a really weird nightmare, and I awoke to hear scratching from my door. The scratching seemed to follow a certain rhythm (I still remember it), but I really didn't want to check what it was. I somehow ended up falling back asleep completely frightened... I asked my parents the next morning if it was them, and they had no idea about it.

The last experience was also at night. I was really a "scaredy-cat" so I would always sleep facing the wall because I didn't want to see anything in my room. I wasn't completely asleep when it happened, but I did have my eyes closed at the moment. I think I had been lying down for about 5 minutes when I felt a woman grab my shoulder and tug as if trying to turn me to the other side. How did I know it was a woman? Because the 'hand' that grabbed my shoulder had long skinny fingers, and men usually have fatter fingers. I was really scared at the moment and I just wanted to end with all those weird things, so I yelled at "it" to leave me alone. I'm not sure how loud I yelled, but it worked. The weird thing is, from that day on, I've never really had any more weird things going on, so maybe "it" did decide to leave me.

I have heard the "Oh, it's your imagination" excuse a lot, but, come on. If it was my imagination, would my parents have mentioned similar things happening to them too? Oh well, I guess some things really can't be explained. Thanks for reading, sorry for the long post.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Onomac, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Onomac (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
[at] Blinky - It was during the day mainly, but the whole sleep paralysis thing is still interesting to look at. Are there any similarities between sleep paralysis and Hypnic Jerks?

[at] Arina I believe that too, but I still wouldn't feel comfortable with an unwanted person in my home haha.
arina (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-23)
I believe you and you did the right thing yelling at it because humans have more power than them because just remember their dead and your ALIVE 😨
Blinky (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-22)
Sleep Paralysis can be characterized as an interruption in the REM stage of sleep. So in other terms you may be waking up but your brain still thinks you are in REM. When a person enters REM your body will actually become paralyzed (this is so you don't act out your dreams... Like running, fighting, kicked and so forth). With that can come very vivid hallucinations (so they say) of all sorts. Flying, levitating... For the more terrifying it can be something sitting on you.

I would say though that you may be able to discount that if you are absolutely sure you were awake. I wouldn't put it past the paranormal to try something like lifting you up. Possibly they were looking for a little entertainment!
Onomac (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-22)
[at] PlayfulPuppyDog - I never heard a lawn mower, and the car always stayed in the same spot, so I'm not sure. The place actually looked abandoned. I'm not sure if he/she was involved with the activity in our house. We hadn't done anything to disturb them, so I don't see why they would try messing with us. Thanks for the comment though.

[at] DARKNESS - Thanks for the comment Dan. The trailer did seem new, so I'm not sure if it was old enough for sometimes to actually passed on there, but who knows, maybe she lived her last days there. I never actually thought if it was good or bad. When ever I 'felt' her presence, she seemed to be TOO skinny to be healthy, so her 'image' kind of creeped me out, but I never actually figured out if she was inclined towards the 'evil' side or the good side. She didn't seem to do any harm to us though.
Onomac (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-22)
[at] Jav - Well, I'm not sure. Like I said, I did "feel" the presence of the mid-aged lady in a dress, so it could've been her, but I'm not sure... Have you tried finding out anything about your old neighbors?

[at] cosmogal926 - Thanks for the comment. Yeah, I was thinking it could've been the lady too, but I'm not sure. Like I said, I never had met a lady that looked like that, so, it'd be weird. How would she know me, or what were her intentions?

[at] Blinky - I guess it felt like levitating, because it felt like my body was suddenly becoming lighter (evenly) and I felt like someone was grabbing my hips. I wasn't actually sleeping when those things happened, which is why I was able to respond quick when I felt someone grab me. Does sleep paralysis work when you're awake too? If it was a ghost testing their strength, that must've been a very strong ghost to be able to actually try and lift someone. Thanks for commenting that though, I will keep those things in mind.:)
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
Hi Onomac, A very interesting account you have shared with us all here like the rest of the posters it has me a little bit stumped regarding the lifting part.
One thing that did come to my head was perhaps as you mentioned there was the spirit of a lady within the trailor, she may have just be checking on you and your parents wellbeing to see if you are still alive, especially if you are lying face down etc? Perhaps nobody checked on her and this may have been the way she passed on? Just a theory anyway! 😕Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
PlayfulPuppyDog (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
I wish I had more ideas for this, but I don't. However, would you happen to remember how your schedules usually ran?

It could be that the neighbor worked odd hours, maybe night shifts. Did you ever actually hear the lawn being mowed? I can't imagine how it wouldn't be heard if done at night, unless he lived a reasonable enough distance away. I suppose if he kept a goat you would have seen it.

I'm just trying to come up with mundane alternatives. My first thought, when you described the neighbor's yard and home, is that maybe an elderly person (s) live there. Can't drive anywhere, can't maintain the lawn themselves, and they may be unfortunate enough to not have family that visits.

I will be honest, the Hollywood storyteller part of me that likes all things fantastical thought of your neighbor doing crazy stuff that was somehow allowing him/her to remotely influence your environment, like lifting you guys up.
Blinky (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
Hi Onomac,

Very interest story! When you say lifting did if feel like someone was literally tugging at your hips as in literally trying to lift you off the couch or was it a feeling of... Well I guess... Levitating?

One Theory I have about this might be Sleep Paralysis? It doesn't always have to be a scary hallucination. There are accounts of people feeling like they are floating when they wake from sleep and enter Sleep Paralysis.

Do you know if the trailer was an older home? If so there may have been mold within your walls. Mold can be a pretty nasty thing to deal with causing many health problems.

I am not trying to discount your experiences at all. Just bringing up a few points that might be discussed. Who knows perhaps its a ghost testing their strength?

Hope this helps! Thanks for Sharing.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
Hi Onomac, perhaps you were right about there being the spirit of a woman at the trailer. When you and your family moved into the apartment, it is possible that this spirit was used to having you around and followed you to the new place. Once you told her to Leave you alone she did just that. Your experiences are very interesting especially the feeling of being lifted. I can't figure that one out either.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
The neighbor? Actually it wasn't that long ago. And it was on the street I lived on before we bought this house. It makes me want to just cruise by there now, you know?

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
Onomac,
I know! It's sort of creepy, but utterly fascinating. Think how much energy it would take to do something like that when you don't have the flesh and blood thing working for you. It's pretty cool when you consider the trouble it went through for that. All sorts of ideas come to mind. Was this person a weight lifter? Or perhaps a nurse? Someone that feels it's a normal thing to do? Or going for the shock and awe?
Jav
Onomac (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
Hey Jav,

I'm really surprised that you also had a neighbor like that too. It's weird how you mentioned that the drapes would move every once in awhile. Did your parents or anyone in your family ever try to 'explore'?

I am thinking about the lifting thing now. I've heard that usually entities require much energy in order to move things, so I assume it would really take a lot of energy to actually try and lift someone. Although, you are correct, I don't see why it would want to lift someone.

Thanks for the comment!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
Onomac,
I enjoyed reading your account of experiences, and one of the things that struck me was the part about you neighbor. We had a neighbor like that years ago. Never saw him, car never left, and his lawn was always in tip top shape but we never saw it being mowed at all. Never even heard a mower running over there. The sprinkler system was on a timer, it must have been, judging by the fact the water came on each day at the same time. Turned off at the same time as well. We started to believe their was no one really living there at all, but for the movement of the drapes now and then. Yeah, creepy stuff.
The lifting of you and your parents? That is just too freaky. I mean, it's one thing to sense their presence, or have them hide things from you, but to physically try and lift people, and not just one person either. What the heck could that have been about? Why the lifting? Very puzzling, very mysterious indeed.
Thank you for sharing, I think I'll keep an eye on this comment thread to see if anyone has any ideas about that. Very strange.

Jav 😲

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: