You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Childhood Incidences

Real Ghost Stories

Childhood Incidences

 

I am now a 17-year-old male with a strong belief in the supernatural. Several years ago when I was in the fifth grade, I was bullied a lot starting from the very first day of school. It started literally within the first thirty seconds of getting on the bus that the bullying began, however I doubt that these little details are actually related to my few, unfantastical incidences. I moved from the house where these experiences took place slightly over a year ago.

I was twelve when the slight experiences began. The first experience was on a cloudy day after I had gotten home from school. I was going to hang out in the woods behind my house, the place where I went to to escape from my own bullying and I saw her for the first and possibly the last time. I have poor eyesight and wear glasses, but she was so clear when I saw her. She seemed to be young. She was gray like the clouds and she appeared to be dancing. She was small, spinning, wearing a floral sundress. I saw her and ran to her, she disappeared behind some trees and then was gone.

Later experiences with her did occur, I'm sure. There was a scent whenever she was around in the woods. It was a smell like rotten eggs and something physical always occurred after the smell. However, I didn't smell it the first time I saw her. I think it's because I was too far away. The other two times I remember clearly were when my friend took a turtle shell and I, inclined to believe in such things, went to return it. There was that vile scent and I was tripped by something large in front of my foot, but nothing was there. The last time there was the smell and a shuffle of movement that ruffled the leaves that had fallen.

Inside my home was where the worst of my mostly uneventful spiritual encounters had occurred. The first was I was playing games. A normal, kid thing and I put my controller on the floor when I was done. Later, I looked down for no apparent reason and saw a perfectly solid, bright white hand reaching for the controller that pulled back unbelievably fast and disappeared. I leaped from the bed to the door and hid from there for awhile.

One of my last few experiences may have been just my mind, but after these experiences I couldn't ignore this one as being just in my head. I was always afraid of the dark and having my closet door open, but I slept in the dark anyways. However, I always closed the closet door every night. That night, I woke up to dark and my closet doors were opening and closing. Like they were being pushed and pulled by something. There was something in my closet, on the floor. It glowed white and I didn't move to get a good view of it, but my mind told me it was a skeleton. I froze until it stopped then ducked under the cover until I eventually fell asleep from exhaustion once the terror passed.

Now, my last experience at the house and the one that frightened me the most. It was a normal night until I woke up from sleep. When I woke up, there was an odd yellowish light against the wall in my room and in front of it, maybe a foot from my bed was a tall, shadow figure. He was just staring at me. There were no facial features that I could make out, but he did have hair. I freaked out and started flailing in pure fright. I remember my foot flailed out towards it and touched the being, then suddenly it was dark again and I was laying in my bed, still staring at that one spot.

Another that did scare me was one night a few years after all the others when I had sneaked out. This isn't something I normally did. I don't like doing bad things, but I did anyways to go see my girlfriend. I am still with this girl, by the way. I was biking down the road and heard a dog barking. I sped up because the thought of a dog attacking me was just scary. I turned my head on my bike to look towards the noise. A black dog was running across the road at me. I faced forward and pedaled as hard as I could. I could feel the dog closing in on me then a car passed by. I heard just a soft thump, like they had hit the dog. I wondered why they didn't stop and turned to look at the dog, but it was gone. Completely.

None of these experiences have occurred again or seemed to have any relevance in my life besides just scaring me. I have had no experiences since then. The only reason I think I had those experiences in the first place was the sadness from being bullied. I used to fall asleep every night crying and come home and cry to my mom about it. Bullying was something new to me at the time.

Of course, there's nothing that can be done about these experiences, but I thought I would share my own experiences after reading so many others. Any thoughts or ideas about why this could have occurred or maybe what any of it could mean would be helpful.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spencer9997, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spencer9997 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-25)
I would believe it. Maybe sulfur could have been part of it, I've never smelled it, but my little sister had lost an egg in her room before and after awhile... You know. So, that's a smell I knew and could associate with.

Anyways, I don't think that girl was a demon, so, maybe there was another entity that I had never seen, but experienced in other ways.
JayGamer (31 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-25)
[at] spencer9997 did some research and it seems that there are some kind of demons and other entities that smell like rotten eggs and sulfur.
spencer9997 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
Thanks for the help/ideas guy.

[at] JayGamer: That awful smell I always associated with the ghost girl because I only smelled it in the woods where I encountered her and only when or right before something happened. Never any other time.

[at] Laurosawrrr: Like, I told JayGamer, I think the smell was the girl because none of the others occurred in the woods, I felt that that area was kind of her territory.

[at] zetafornow: I did eventually confide in my parents about seeing the entities and a certain 'sense' I got. Kind of like a gut feeling that something was there. Their reaction was to take me to talk to a priest. I don't think it helped at all, personally, but one I finally got... Un-depressed is about when they stopped. Except for the dog.

[at] arina: I could see why the dog thing could be a hallucination, but I don't feel that it was. I was scared at the time, but I don't believe it was a hallucination. Partially due to superstition of black dog apparitions being associated with death and it did die... Odd hallucination if it was one.

Thanks for all the ideas on this. I heavily believe it was my depression they were feeding off of and they have stopped since. Now, a couple of details that I forgot when I wrote this, in case they help. Before the encounter with the odd-light-shadow-man, I would wake up every morning at 3:15 for no apparent reason for about a week. It was that time when he appeared and I quit waking up at that time. Any ideas on that in particular?
arina (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-23)
I knOw how it feels to get bullied but the experiences you may have been hillusinating with the dog but the others that I read even I got scared. Ghosts pick there targets I think maybe in your childhood you went somewhere and disturbed a ghost and I knows how your life is like in school so it thought your weak so it will be easy to scare you.
Or it's maybe a good ghost trying to tell you that it got bullied in it's childhood or maybe something else. You shouldn't get scared you should just try and ignore it because it's the fear inside you that the ghost or demon or whatever wants DONT let it have a fear inside you if you ignore it it will go away because it will think what's the point in scaring this person when they have no fear in them so if you don't get scared it will just piss off

Arina 😠
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-22)
spencer:

Sorry to hear about the bullying. Did you have anyone that you could confide in about the bullying and the paranormal activities that you encountered? And if so, did you confide in them with all of this and what was the reaction?

Thanks, zeta.
helter-skelter (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-22)
Ive seen similar things in my experiences! And Simonnomis is right. These things feed off of you and since you were being bullied, that's when you were the weakest. Glad you don't see that girl anymore! What a snell I wouldve dreaded...lol. Great story!

An entertained reader,
Helter-Skelter
simonnomis (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
I agree with both JayGamer and Laurosawrrrr. They both make great points. The depression and bullying can most definitally attract entities because it can make them stronger. I'm 14 and have had some similar experinces to yours except I don't smell anything I'm bullied a lot still and can be depressed at times and go into a forest I know. I see many people though its odd but its good things have stopped. That means that you aren't something the entities can feed off to give them more power and control over you.

Sincerly Simonnomis
Laurosawrrrr (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
What makes you think the bad smell could have been the girl? Could it possibly have been the dark entity? And could be that they were attracted to you by the negative energy surrounding you due to being bullied. That may also be why you haven't experienced anything else as of late; if the bullying has ceased?
JayGamer (31 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
Well these experiences could be because of your depression from being bullied or these spirits or shadow people could be good or either feeding on your depression I think what you saw was real and did you always got that rotten eggs smell in your encounters?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: