You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Was I Really Alone?

Real Ghost Stories

Was I Really Alone?

 

As a firm believer in the spirit world, I have always had a major interest in the paranormal. I haven't really shared any of my stories as most people in my life are either too spooked to hear it or just think I'm kiding. I have quite a few stories to share but let's start at the begining shall we?

As a child, I always lived in the same house. To this day my parents are still there and I visit them regularly. Now as an only child, I was always able to occupy myself with doing my own thing. I would spend hours in my room playing and using my imagination. My parents told me when I was a toddler I'd be in my room talking to someone, they always thought it was my best friend accross the street who came over but upon entering my room I was always alone.

Now I don't remember ever talking to myself or anyone in my room as I was really young, but as I got older I do remember feeling I wasn't alone. These feelings happened for as long as I can remember. I was always afraid of the dark and always felt spooked in my own room, thinking it was only me being a big baby I would just shrug the feeling off and sleep.

The feelings progressed as I got older and into my teens. There would be times I would be home alone, and as any teenager, my favourite thing was to blast my music loud enough and not have any parent tell you to turn it down. I would love to dance and sing with my music and make a fool of myself. It was my little secret no one knew about, or so I thought. I would be dancing and singing real loud and all of a sudden I got this weird feeling as if someone walked into my room and caught me red handed. I would get the sudden urge to just stop what I was doing and turn my music off. After turning off my music I would then go see if my parents had come home and maybe I just didn't hear them, but I would always be alone.

After turning off my music, the feeling of someone there wouldn't go away but it seemed to leave my room, as if I had pissed them off with my music. This happened quite a bit throughout my teens and seemed to have become a routine. The feeling would always come from my door area and then move into the hall after I had turned off my music.

I have more stories to share with you and will post them soon.

Thanks for reading!

Until next time...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, macdouk, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JavaJenn (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-25)
Macdouk,

Have your parents had any strange experiences in the house?
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
Typo... I meant Kim, not Maria. My apologies.

(( (50 characters) ) )
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
macdouk, I understand where you are coming from. The apartment I grew up in had a resident sprit of a man. My parents also used to hear me talking to someone that was not there but like you I don't remember it. I know that feeling of being alone enjoying music and dancing around then suddenly something changes. You get that sense that someone is watching you, and it kills the whole vibe of enjoying yourself. I wouldn't doubt that you had a resident spirit also that didn't mind sharing, but would make itself known from time to time. I am also curious to know if your parents experienced anything in the house. Thanks for sharing your story, and I am looking forward to reading more. 😊

[at] Maria, may I suggest you submit your story? Posting randomly on someone else's page is not the way to get help. Especially when you didn't even offer any thoughts or advice on macdouk's story. Just saying...
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
Um...Liana, are you in the right place? Shouldn't you be hanging out in the jungle somewhere? 😕
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
Liana,

This is not a site for proselytizing. If you want to witness to people, there are other places for you to go for that. You are not going to win anyone over this way.

Sincerely,

~clever210
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
Liana,

Can you explain what you mean? You can't just make a statement and not explain it.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
LouSlips,
I was going to say the same thing. I would think that the original poster's parents would know if a friend of their child was at house at such a young age.

Macdouk,

Do you still experience anything inside or outside of that house?

This comment from Liana is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-23)
Kayla,

Your parents used to think your best friend had come over and across the street without their knowledge, when you were a toddler? I hope it wasn't a busy street...
I am interested in hearing more of your stories as well, but at this point it sounds like you talked to yourself as a toddler and felt guilty for doing things you weren't supposed to as a teen.

Lou
Kim032070 (2 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-08-23)
They can be quite terrifying. With mine it's always while I'm trying to fall asleep. Always heard of sucubus and incubus and so on. And I have felt things when I know for a FACT I'm not having sex! I have the sleep paralasis thing everywhere! It's like someone or something like an elephant is sitting on me holding me down. I can see figures, usually shadowy and hear loud banging sounds and flashing lights... I have to 'will' my way out of it to wake up then of course extreme anxiety when trying to go back to sleep. I'm very opened to things... Just don't know if it's some kind of weird sleep disorder or am I really being visited in the night. 😐
Kim032070 (2 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-08-23)
😐 My problems is nightmares. I'm kind of embarrassed to right about this. And kind of ashamed to tell family or friends. But last night I was dreaming that 'a tiger' literally was klimbing on top of me and he was growling. I could feel the sex happening! He was growling qnd moaning and was too!
I've had many other bizarre sex dreams also. And this thing called sleep paralasis... Which is terrifying
I get totally paralized and swear there are somethings in the room with me... Any one familier with these types of thingsA?
helter-skelter (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-23)
Cant wait for thee other stories to finally come out!;o I enjoyed reading about your experiences.:)
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-22)
Hi Macdouk:

I would venture to guess that you have a lot of stories to share about growing up in this house. I grew up in a very active home and I still dream about it to this day. I just have one question for you; do you ever feel any activity when you go and visit your parents? Also, have your parents ever had any experiences or does it just happen to you?

Thanks, zeta.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: