You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Depressed Ghostly Boy

Real Ghost Stories

The Depressed Ghostly Boy

 

Another paranormal encounter when I was young. In the late 50's, we used to go out with my parents quite often at my Dad's friends. My mother did not like it much because my Dad used to drink a lot and not behave. But the worse part was driving back. He would be totally drunk and more than 10 times was about to kill us on the road. It was always a miracle to be back safe at home.

Anyway, one day, we were invited to one of his friends to a BBQ. There were quite a lot of people and it was more of a party than a simple diner.

When we arrived, I immediately felt a bit uncomfortable as if we were not welcome even though my Dad's friends and family were very cheerful and warm. There was something about this house that was strange. It was a concrete house from that period which seemed quite recent and well maintained. However the front yard which was not too big but could contain several cars was creepy with high trees and woods. The alley leading to the house was ok and well lit but the house had a weird feeling of creepiness.

As I mentioned, several people were invited to this BBQ and there were several kids of my age (I was around 12 then). There were also 2 or 3 pretty girls which captivated my attention during the whole evening and, of course, I tried to hang with them. It was not very successful.

Anyway, the adults sat, chat, drank, joked and had a good time and I would walk around in the house with the other kids and in the backyard which was where the BBQ was taking place. Nothing out of the ordinary happened from our arrival to about 2 to 3 hours.

We kids had already played a fair amount of games and had sweat from running around. We eventually sat in the lounge which was open to the backyard. We were all chatting about whatever and I was sitting in a big sofa. The windows were open apart one, which was half closed. On this window, I could see the reflection of the kitchen and of the girl who was standing and talking in the middle of the lounge. I casually looked at the window and the reflection when I saw like someone peering from the kitchen in the corner of a wall. He was like looking at us all in the lounge. I then looked in the kitchen but did not see anyone. This seemed odd since I had not seen that person which looked like a boy slightly older than I. I looked again in the reflection but did not see him. I brushed it off and continued to listen to the other kids.

We were served diner, and we all sat around the yard outside. While eating I randomly looked under a tree and saw that boy again standing under there. He was now looking at me. I could not see him very well because where he was standing was not well lit. But I could figure out that he was wearing dark trousers and some lighter top like a grey pull over. I carelessly looked somewhere else and looked back under the tree and he was not there anymore. I got the chills from then.

After diner, I went to the bathroom to wash my hands and have a pee. The bathroom was accessible from a corridor and was at one end of it. As I was about to enter, I saw this boy again standing at the opposite end of the corridor in the feeble light. I could now see his eyes which were blank (lifeless) and scary. He did not have any expression but was just looking at me. I did not know if I was going to enter the bathroom and close the door or walk away, because to go back to the Lounge, I would have to walk up the corridor towards him and I was now too scared to do so. I called my Mum from where I was, still looking at him. Then an adult just popped into the corridor looking at me and asking me if everything was ok. He was standing in the middle of the corridor thus hiding the boy. I quickly moved away and went to my Mum. She eventually walked with me to the bathroom. But I did not tell her about the boy yet.

She found that my behavior was weird but I did not want to be laughed at or mocked by the other kids and girls. I pretended to be tired and remained until the end of the party in the backyard with everybody.

As we were leaving, my parents and I walked in the front yard in order to get into the car. I was standing by the back door. My dad had an Austin A30 which was quite new then and which we called "the frog". (I'd love to see one again). Anyway, I was just standing by the back door waiting for my Dad (who was completely drunk by then). He unlocked the door and as I got in and about to close the door, my heart skipped a beat. The boy was standing by the door looking at me with this same blank and scary expression on his face. I remembered screaming a scuffed scream like a "huuuug..."

My Mum just asked what was going on and I replied "there's a thing here". She looked in my direction and asked, "What thing?" as I looked back outside, the boy was nowhere to be found. I quickly closed the door. My Dad, on his side, was mumbling and swearing at the same time.

We arrived home, already scared by my Dad's driving. I told my Mum everything which happened that evening. She just said, "ah Bon?" (is it?) and asked me details about the features and clothing of the boy. Fortunately, Mum never denied me when I was telling her about my ghostly encounters. I learned when I became an adult that she also had her fair amount of encounters with the unknown.

I did not sleep well for about 2 weeks and was scared to see that boy again. I fortunately did not and we never went back to that friend again. BBQ used to be done at someone's else from then.

A few months or years later, my Mum told me that she heard that this family had a boy which used to be quite depressed. He committed suicide by hanging himself somewhere in the house. He must have been the boy I had seen. Others had seen him as well.

Other hauntings by Cafelelion

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cafelelion, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

gerdz10 (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-15)
"I tried to hang with them. It was not very successful." You had a very bad night indeed. Haha. Anyway nice story. Keep em coming. Really enjoyed reading them.
CCMyPlaymate (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-26)
I feel sorry for him: (Maybe if someone spoke to him and told him that it's ok to have regrets and that he was loved very much or something he'd be able to move on or at least gain some form of happiness...

Thanks for sharing.
Cafelelion (12 stories) (30 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
Hi mini,

I don't know if the owners were seeing things, I was young and they were not family friends, more my Dad friends. I met with them several years later only once while shopping with my Mom, only to say hi, etc... But I'm sure they did see things but were embarrassed to talk about those things.
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
You've had a great deal of varied spiritual contact - none sought after. So have I and I plan to post more. I have often wondered why. Thanks again.
NiNiNogginHead (33 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
That is really creepy. At least you never had to go back to that house. Did the people who lived there see anything unusual?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
arina: If you continue to use your favorite word, I will continue to delete your posts... The word to replace "pissed off" is anger/angry...Watch yourself, honey...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: