You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Never Before Feeling

Real Ghost Stories

Never Before Feeling

 

One evening I was at a friend's house just talking with him and my girlfriend. I was standing in the kitchen and they were sitting at the kitchen table. I felt a cold sensation move past me from the right side to the left moving towards my buddy. That's when I told him there is a ghost coming towards him, just playing around. No sooner I got the words out of my mouth, the cold sensation came right back to me. I was pushed against the wall, all the air was taken out of me and couldn't breathe. It felt like my body was stiff and I couldn't move.

I remember thinking, "What's going on? Am I having a stroke, heart attack, etc.? (It almost felt like the same feeling as jumping into a cold pool. Your muscles freeze up and the breath is knocked out of you.) At that point my head turned and I was looking straight at my buddy, I had no control. As soon as it came it left and felt like hours. It was surely a mood killer.

He claims that there are sounds in his house at night and objects moving.

It was a quiet ride home. Both my girlfriend and I were at a loss of words trying to figure out what the heck just happened. I haven't been to his house at night since this incident.

The house he lives in was his grandparents' old house and the grandfather has been passed on.

Can anyone please shed any light on this and give an explanation to what might of happened?

I believe in ghosts and spirits and had different things happen at my house also. So those types of things don't bother me at all. I just never had contact like this before. Part of me wants to know but the other part doesn't. Or if it was my body and mind over matter, maybe it was something else.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, John016, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ivory (9 stories) (77 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-25)
this experience reminds me of why we always ignore the presence of an unseen if we saw, feel, hear or smell one. I believe that you unknowingly pull the attention of the said unseen when you acknowlege his/her presence. And the feelings that you got afterward is a typical reaction that a sensitive person may feel when they become a subject of any unseen's attention.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
I'm actually thinking along the same lines as LittleMissFallen. It sounds like the ghost in your friend's house took your comment as a sign of disrespect. Ghosts are people too, and some are a bit, um, dramatic and easily offended. If you feel uncomfortable in your friend's house after this, an apology could help set things right.
LittleMissFallen (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
Well to me, it sounds like there was something, and it did not like you made fun of it.
If you still feel something in the house, maybe you should try saying sorry for making fun.
That is all I can think it could be.
John016 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
Rookdygin. I wished I was startled. And I did it all to myself.
I guess I'm used to the cold feeling. I get that feelin several times a month at my house and the feeling someone's watchig you. That stuff doesn't bother me much.

Thank you everyone for your comments it's helping
nastra (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
yeah this sounds quite dramatic and bad but dude don't shed this of and investigate!
And contact me on fb I m writing thesis on these paranormal activities
:)
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
Your should ask your friend to investigate about the activities or the sounds he has been hearing in the nights. I feel that since you are not asleep, it cannot be a sleep paralysis. Well, you also ask your friend that when you told that the ghost was coming towards him, did he feel anything at all? Nice narration. Share us your further experiences or happenings in your house.

Regards,

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
John,

Is there any chance that when this 'cold sensation' came back at you that you 'startled' and 'jumped back' into the wall knocking your breath out?

I'm not suggesting this was not paranormal... The 'cold spot' may have been an indication of a spirit... And this spirit reacted to you 'noticing it'?

So ask yourself... What could have caused this 'cold spot'...Also ask your friend if he has ever felt as if his Grandfather's presence in the home sense his passing.

Thanks for sharing...

Respectfully,

Rook
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-23)
I can only relate my own experience of about 16 months ago. Cold air passed over my bed when the window was not open. I could feel it coming toward me and passing over me. It has never happened since. It was spring, and not warm enough to have the window open. There is no other way a draft could cross over the bed.

I did not have the physical symptoms you describe, but I have never in my life experience anything like this.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: