You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Strange Ghost Cat

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Ghost Cat

 

I've had a few ghostly cat experiences in my house, one of the most recent ones was one I experienced with my sister. Unlike other ghost experiences, it didn't scare me. I think the reason it didn't scare me is because it was an animal.

I have two cats, Sooty, black and white, and Nibbles, a grey tabby. Nibbles had recently been hit by a car, and had had a dislocated hip, and had to spend a few weeks in cage rest. After a few weeks, we were allowed to let him out of the cage, but not outside the house.

Me and my sister were in the kitchen talking, when a cat was sitting on the windowsill, meowing to be let out. So as my sister let the cat out, and I glanced at my feet to see Sooty, I yelled at her because that must have meant she'd let Nibbles out. Panicking, we ran to Nibbles' cage to see if we'd let him out. He was still in the cage. Yet me and my sister both clearly remember a cat on the windowsill which, after our panic, we realized was white with a brown spot on it's back. Neither of us can recall exactly what happened, only that a cat was let out, and it wasn't our cat. Our cats are extremely territorial. Sooty would hardly have sat there while an unfamiliar cat sat on the side. In fact, none of our animals acted up at all, despite their territorial nature.

The very first ghostly cat experience I can recall was laying on my bed, stomach down, on my laptop, and I felt a cat jump up onto my bed, heard the creaking of my bed springs. I believed it was Nibbles, and reached down to stroke him, as he often slept on my bed, and I couldn't feel him, I thought I was just feeling the wrong area, when my hand waved through some cold air. The radiator was on, window shut, door closed, and there was this area, probably about the size of a small wok, next to my hip, as well as the sheets having been adjusted (maybe I moved it? But it definitely wasn't like that before) The cold presence was there for about a minute, and then just...disappeared.

One happening, I would brush off as an overactive imagination, but many things have happened, cat related, including a mangled blue cat collar found on our doormat. (Our cats don't wear collars. As kittens they scratched them off daily, and we gave up after the fifth lot of collars were lost.)

I would usually ignore something like this if it happened once, but as multiple things happened, and one involving someone else who clearly remembers it, I'm beginning to think a cat spirit lives in our house.

We've had two other cats, both died a few years back. Tom, who was black and white, like Sooty, and Timmy, who was a grey tabby, like Nibbles. But never a white cat with a brown spot. I haven't ever seen one similar to it around the area where I live.

Does anyone else think that there's an animal spirit in my house, or am I just imagining things?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cookieismine, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Squafdonoboles (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
My 20-year-old cat China-Girl passed away a few years ago and I still see her ghost. I constantly have that same experience of a cat jumping on my bed and I have come to pet it, although it feels warm, not cold.

She was a very unusual cat. Every night she would sit at the window and stare at Venus for about 20 minutes without moving a hair before coming to bed with me.

The vet told me that she was either meditating or praying to someone or something. There is too much to tell here, but I've always felt that she was my guardian angel -- and she still is.
CCMyPlaymate (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-26)
I've seen many cat spirits. Around my house is occasionally my own deceased cat (although less and less with time) and at my Dad's house there are loads of them, although I believe them to be his girlfriend's deceased cats.

Remember, they are nothing to be afraid of. Maybe stroke it next time? All the cat spirits I've seen really like it because they're not generally used to being fussed.
cookieismine (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
Sorry I didn't make it clear, by imagination, I meant putting it up to supernatural causes when it may not be. Neither of us were actually concerned at all until AFTER the cat was out.
arina (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
If you and your sister saw the cat on the window sill an you both let it out it was obviously it was a spirit of a dead cat I advise you to do some research on the house.
Maybe the previous owner had a cat that died and I think the cat means no harm but the poor thing still prob thinks that it's owner is still alive and he is looking for him around the house.
If it hasn't done any harm then it's a nice spirit. 😊
NiNiNogginHead (33 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
This couldn't have been your imagination if your sister saw it too. Maybe a previous owner of the house had a cat like that.
alix_92 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
Hi, Just wondering, when you put 'as my sister let the cat out' did she not see which cat was waiting at the window to be let out? I normally will see my cat before opening the back door. Just so I can understand the situation more.

Thanks
Alix
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
I feel that there is something residual attached to your experiences. I wouldn't have believed it but for the fact that you and your sister had the same kind of feeling.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
Hard to believe that your sister opened the door for a cat that you were imagining. You even mentioned you both saw a white cat with a brown spot exit through the door you opened...

A residual haunting? Your sister opened the door for a cat 'stuck in replay' of a moment in it's life?

Maybe Nibbles has a Guardian Spirit that was checking in on 'him' that you both happened to see and it acted 'normal' so the two of you were not scared?

The important thing is, you BOTH saw something... And you BOTH reacted as if this cat was real... So you at least know that whatever it was it was not simply your imagination. Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: