You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Breathing Sound In House

Real Ghost Stories

Breathing Sound In House

 

Tonight, as usual, I was having trouble sleeping. Mainly because most of my thoughts are morbid, and stressful. This morning, since I was already up, I decided to get on my CPU around 4 am. While I was on it, I decided to get something out the frig.

When I walked into the kitchen, I heard breathing. I stopped my breathing, just to see if I was going crazy. I breathed harder, and it seemed to breath harder. Frightened, I ran away back into sun room to turn off the computer. I then ran into the living room to turn on the hall light because I was just so scared.

Me and my friend once played this game where we turned the lights on and off. Every time I turned the light back on, a white face would appear with a hand stretching out. My friend tried it, and nothing happened. Then when we both did it, it happened. I'm straight up atheist, but this really has been creeping me out.

Sometimes I can hear it laughing at some of the things I do. My mom said when I was born, the whole family felt as if something weird was happening. This is just plain old annoying because I'm the only one it'll do things like this too.

I remember my mom telling me, "They can't touch you" because she remembers having this as a child as well. She said she also used to mess around with Satanism and people that do that sort of thing. But she said for her it went away when she was around 25.

Before, I used to have an imaginary friend that followed me around. He went wherever I went, but one day I lost him. It was as if he just stopped following. He just gave me a frown. I have to say, things have been getting a lot worse since then.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chixlegs101, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sywren (29 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
I absolutely agree with Javlina, Zeta and Isandhu. Find natural remedies to help you sleep well. It's difficult, and adjusting to natural medicine takes more time and effort than the "quick fix" sleeping pills, but this is very important. Sleep depravation can cause stress and anxiety, which could lead to seemingly paranormal experiences. Not that I don't believe in the paranormal)

I don't believe in curses, but I do believe in saturating your well-being in negativity so much that you feel you are cursed. I think your pre-concieved notions of the paranormal - through your mothers dabbling in Satanism, to the aura surrounding your birth - may be interfering with your health and well being. In terms of Satanism, there are many forms, some of which are misunderstood for being pure evil, sacrificial etc. When they really are just a form of self-worship.

Let go of the negativity that you've thought has been linked with you and your family. You are your own person, and whatever actions or feelings your mother had when you were born or after, have nothing to do with the person you can be today. If there are truly negative spirits following you, tell them to leave you alone, loud and firm. And stop surrounding yourself with negativity. You don't have to believe in God to surround yourself with beauty and positivity.

I truly wish you well.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
Plumbing can sound remarkably like breathing and turning lights on and off can do funny things to your eyes, which take time to adjust. It sounds like you have an active imagination and the stress and fatigue may also be contributing to your propensity to see the paranormal where there is none. See a doctor for help with your stress and insomnia and don't let anyone convince you there's something "spiritually" or "supernaturally" wrong with you when there isn't.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
Hi Chixlegs:

This story bothered me somewhat for a few reasons. You state that you have trouble sleeping because of your morbid and stressful thoughts. I just wonder what else is going on in your life? Have you thought about talking to someone about this? It sounds as if you feel that you are destined for negativity to surround you. I may be wrong and I don't mean anything disrespectful here. Rather, I feel your confusion and pain. I also wonder what your mom meant when she said when you were born everyone felt like there was something weird happening? Have you ever asked her specifically what she meant? Birth is a beautiful and wonderful thing and I hope that didn't influence you in anyway. Good luck to you.

Zeta.
Sarah (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
Hi Chixlegs101,

The fact that your mother dabbled in satanism is slightly alarming. It seems that you are open to the other side and her relationship with the occult hasn't helped you.

If you want these thing to stop I would recommend prayers etc

I hope this is of some help to you,

Sarah.
Starshipz (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
This story is so scary! Gives me chills a lot! I've heard knocks on my cupboard but never breathing! Brrrrrr chills brrrrr
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
My friend Chixlegs101, whether you believe it or not, there are things that are happening in this world, which could not be exactly explained by rational and scientific reasoning. One of them is Paranormal. Your are an atheist and don't believe in God, per se. But I will tell you, when you are a non-believer, then what made you creepy? Or I want to ask you that you don't believe in God but you believe in paranormal? I have a friend, his name is Balaji. He lives in New Delhi. He does not believe in paranormal. But he and his wife had a paranormal experience. I am going to write about it separately. He had the same kind of feeling like you. He got scared and he was creepy when he called me after he had, I think I can say, one hell of an experience. So, my friend, what you experienced or experiencing, to me, appears to be paranormal and I think you are sensitive to spirits and that is why you are sometimes hearing them or seeing them. But you don't want them to happen in your house, try Rook's method of cleansing. I want to ask you a question. If it is not personal, can you tell me what happened when you were born and what your mother told you, with some more details.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
southerntk (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
I think maybe your imaginary friend was a angel and that when you became old enough to start questioning it's presence, it just became invisible to you, Plus we can't go around seeing our angels all of our life. It would be odd. It may have been with you in particular to protect you if your mother was into satanism or had some bad spirit attached to her. It could be that presently you have picked up a bad spirit along the way and it is attached to you now. I would think that maybe that was the breathing you heard. I believe in God but I also believe in ghost and even see them and hear them, I have my whole life and I hear breathing to sometimes in my bedroom, so it could be a ghost or it could be a bad spirit. I think though from what your mother said about you when you were born, that you really needed the protection, it wasn't you that was odd, it was maybe the surroundings at the time, spirits there hoping to get their hands on you so to speak. Just a thought. I believe in the rapture that is coming but I also believe that our spirits don't leave earth until that day happens. Why else would we need the resurrection and judgement day if we were already in heaven and therefore been judged...right. The bible was written by men and men are flawed. I know you are athiest so I don't expect you to even possibly know what I am talking about, but I'm just saying that I believe in evil and good and I think as a small child you were being protected and not capable of anything evil at that time as a child and especially at birth.
wirmon772 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
I am in the same problem <.< when I was living in a old House in surahammar in a small village in sweden
7 days after my grandma passed away I could see here IN Full body Apiration but the strange thing is that she did hawe blue colure and I could see the eyes hair all of it like if she was real:S
I don't know if it was a sign that she was telling me that she was fine and ok becuse she smiled and then she was gone. And after that I did see a young boy holding a old mans hand and in seconds there where gone but they was in Dark Shadows but in full body apirations: (And while sitting at the computer I saw a young girl nearly out from a horror movie: (I could see her long black hair but no cloth only darknes but I couldt sense no evil:)
But then there was one thing that I am scared of: (I saw the Demon ghost the creeper that crawls on all four he was crawling towards me and when he finally was near to hit me he was gone. And after all I fell like I am being folowd by something evil and good at the same time I need help Know Pleas:) I don't know if I am dealing whit demons or good spirits?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
Chixlegs,
Your mom actually told you about the whole family feeling like something weird was happening when you were being born? Wow! That's a lot to lay on anyone's psyche, no matter what age you are when you hear it. You almost sound preconditioned for activity to occur at any time. No wonder you have trouble getting to sleep at night. My goodness, I would be jumpy too!
The imaginary friend leaving is pretty normal really. I had two myself. My husband even had one when he was little. He also recalls the last time he saw that friend. And just so you know, my husband is the most straight down the line, logical guy I know (my total opposite). So I wouldn't worry that it started with the friends departure. It seems you were expecting it, am I wrong? You also mention that your mother had "this" when she was a child as well. What exactly do you mean by "this"? I can't decide if you are referring to the imaginary friend, or spirits, demons, what?
Also, the game you played with the lights? That is actually meant to happen with your eyes when you go from darkness to light that quickly. Just as a camera flash will blind you momentarily, so will the off/on repeated action with the lights. Seeing a white 'anything' is a normal reaction your eyes have to the changing light.
The other instances are not as easy to explain away, save for the breathing. And this is simply a what if concerning the source of the sound. The refrigerator has several fans installed in different areas inside and outside of the unit. The rush of air from these can also be mistaken for bees, I know that one from personal experience. Try standing next to it after it hasn't been opened for a few hours, much as it was when this occurred, and I wonder if that might be the source of the breathing sound you heard? Sounds, and the source of them, can be very deceptive due to the fact that sound waves can travel long distances.
Investigating with an open mind is essential, never assume you know the answer until you have eliminated all the outside possibilities. You may have been startled when you heard the sound, but don't let that take you to the paranormal for your answers. Too often people are ready to accept an answer that fits their expectations, and you have been made to believe that sooner or later it's going to be spook central all around you. Try and look at these occurrences from the perspective of an outsider looking in. You may find simple reasons for them. It's worth a try, and much easier than believing it is inevitable.

Jav
weirdghost93 (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
I think your imaginary friend wasn't an imaginary friend. Maybe invisible like a ghost? Do you think you might be cursed because your mom was messing with satanism?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: