You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Presences at Night

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Presences at Night

 

Since I moved to Tijuana, Mexico, I have been waking up at about 3:05 or 3:15 a.m. My room is on the 3rd floor of my house, I am the only one who sleeps there (my mom and brother have their rooms on the second floor). At first, I thought it was because I was not going to school and since I was not tired, I did not need to sleep as usual.

After I started working, I assumed everything would go back to normal but I was wrong. No matter how tired or sleepy I am, something keeps waking me up at 3 in the morning. My mom blamed it on Emily Rose's movie (since they say 3 a.m. is the witching hour) but my sudden awakenings started before the movie was even announced.

Suddenly, my eyes open and I feel someone is outside my room, I feel observed and scared. A few seconds later, I really need to turn the light and tv on because my mind starts making up images and theories as my heart pounds. When I try to fall asleep again, I hear a girl and a man whispering but I don't understand what they say. Still, it scares me not knowing what they want. Once, I heard as if someone had screamed right at my ear and I couldn't find an explanation for that when I woke up.

I have noticed the dogs going crazy when all of this happens and their bark gives me goosebumps, they sound really disturbed by something.

Does anyone have an idea of what may be possibly happening? I've heard stories about my neighborhood being built on what it used to be a graveyard but I am not quite convinced.

Other hauntings by Hawkgirl

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hawkgirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Raffy786 (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
another complete aspact to this: waking up at 3 am
Is a sure sign that something is wrong with your health, when you have a heart condition or colestral level is too hight, or liver or kidneys are not what they should be, 3 am or waking up in the middle of night is the usual symptom.
3am is the time when your body is suppose to be reparing itself, and anything wrong with the health during this time wakes you up.

Get a doctors check up
Dragonsoul (1 stories) (16 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-03)
Sup Hawkgirl. Those men and woman and whoever is talking is probably a spirit who died there on the land your house is on. Remember that the land you live on is older than your house.
If you house WAS built on graveyard, then a simple explanation- just the spirits. Could be a dead family member.
-me
p.s. If anything else happens you could contact me at p.b.j.pizza [at] gmail.com. I think your experience is awesome and unique, yet scary. 😉
GhostLuverrr90 (4 stories) (19 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-03)
hawkgirl,I really think that your room was either a man and a woman's bedroom and they either were killed, or they died of a sudden death... I just say you ask your mom if you can get a single bed and put it in her room and just leave the room up there alone... I pray for you and one more thing... I suggest you get your room blessed it may not be evil but it will help it to leave, once again I pray for you

luv,peace,and beacon grease
Hawkgirl (6 stories) (55 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-02)
Thanks everybody for taking the time and submitting your comments.
This stuff is still happening every night, except 3 days ago. My mom had to make a quick trip out of the city so I slept in her room. I was surprised because that night I slept like a baby, didn't wake up a single time. I remember kids saying stuff about previous owners lasting less than a month in this house because supposedly something scared them out but I refused to believe that since they were 5 or 6 years old.
Now I'm thinking about neighbors' theories...
ewash (2 stories) (20 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-02)
When I was younger I lived in a house that presented many paranormal activities such as yours. The talking you can't quite make out the feeling of presence, etc. I found out that a woman died in the house before my folks purchased it. I was scared to death all the time! But after a while, realized - it was not there to hurt us - it was just there.
Now for your case... The fact that you say "not sleeping as usual" has me wondering... Is that because you are scared or because you are simply not tired?
Remember this when someone puts supersticious babble into your mind - the human body has its own built in alarm clock. We can actually subconsciously "train" ourselves to wake at the same time everyday - even down to the exact minute! There are many studies on this you may want to read. So that part doesn't concern me.
Concerning the dogs - we had dogs too that would go nuts when strange things occurred - again not much to fear there either.

Lastly, stay away from "Hollywood" for explanations as even stories like Emily Rose are grossly exaggerated to give greater shock value. We all love and hate to be scared.
My advice is to roll with it. There does not seem to be any threatening nature to whatever it is. My intuition says its benign. Still scary - true - but probably benign. Find out about the house's history, it may help you make sense of it all and put to rest many of your unknown fears.
Good luck and be well.
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-01)
I agree with my friend Ceary, next time you feel this presence, try to get it to talk. Why is this person or thing not going to the other side? Ask questoins, and while at it, take pics and do a vid when you're asking the questoins! I really want to hear and see stuff from you.That'll help to decide weather it's a friendly ghost(like Casper xD) or a mean one. Be carful and have a friend who beleieves you there too! Maybe a dog or two?
Blessings to everyone,
Mikomi
CearysAwesome (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-01)
hawkgirl,
Don't be afraid. For now you have not seen anything that is super threatening. It's likely to be a ghost from a graveyard. If it attacks you than its something way different. Be safe and let us know if there is anything more going on. IF so then we could help you.

Ceary
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-31)
Hey hawkgirl, I think that if they say the it was probably built on a graveyard, this should prove it, shouldn't it? It must be truly scary to wake up every night at 3am and then feel that someone is in the room. Hopefully, it isn't something bad, hopefully it's just a regular haunting like all the other ones on this site. Maybe someone lived in the room and maybe even died in it, and they're not entirely gone or something. I don't know, I'm just giving possible explanations. I'm going to pray for you hawkgirl, well take care and do you still experience these happenings?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: