You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Man With The Bashed-in Head

Real Ghost Stories

The Man With The Bashed-in Head

 

This took place in Yemassee, South Carolina.

Brief background:

Yemassee was a major town when the gold rush hit. Many people moved to South Carolina when all the California gold began to dwindle. Many people were killed because of the demand for gold.

I moved to Yemassee in the summer of 2009 with my boyfriend because he got a job there. We moved into a small house on the edge of town and started to experience sounds of footsteps and random loud bangs in the night.

I never believed in ghosts until we moved into that house. I know that is what everyone says, but it is completely and utterly true. My boyfriend was also like me and like a lot of people in our situation. We shrugged it off as an old house settling and it was just our imagination.

I finally was convinced that our house was haunted when I woke up in the middle of the night and saw an older man standing at the foot of our bed. His face was dirty like he just rolled in a pile of dirt and his clothes were ripped and stained with blood.

We stared at each other for a minute before he turned to leave. As he walked out of the room, I saw the back of his head and was terrified. The whole back of his head was bashed in and covered with blood. Part of his hair was tangled in with the dried blood and it was gruesome. I can't even put into words how terrible it was.

This happened again a couple of times in the next few months. Each time resulting in my boyfriend not believing me. After the fourth time, I began to do research. Although I didn't come up with a specific person, I uncovered many tales about how minors would kill for another man's gold. This made sense with the appearance of a bashed in head.

It wasn't until I was away on a girls weekend with a few of my friends, that he finally believed me. When I came back, my boyfriend told me about how he saw the man with the bashed-in head.

Since then we have performed a series of cleansings and the noises and footsteps have stopped. It was not until after the third cleansing that the minor with the bashed-in head stopped appearing. We have not experienced any further happenings.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ksinger16, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shell1982 (70 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-10)
I enjoyed your story for 2 reasons. First, it is nice to hear stories from people who do not believe in the supernatural until something happens to them as it removes the element of "oh he/she is just overinterpreting every little thing because of their existing beliefs." Second, your husband saw the miner too, removing the possibility of it being your imagination, hallucination, sleep paralysis etc. Really compelling story, thanks!
ksinger16 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
Thank you for all of your nice comments. I enjoyed reading them. 😁
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
ksinger16,
Truly creepy account you have shared here. I am glad the cleansings have worked in your favor.
Just a note about that California gold... It's still there. Trust me. My husband and I are amateur prospectors, and just staying in touch with those friends of mine in California who are still prospecting claims there, is proof enough for me. As a matter of fact, the very first nugget I ever found was up near Sutter's Mill when I was out sniping one day. Nearly drowned from taking in a sharp breath at my first sight of the nugget under water, because without realizing it, I was below the waterline with my snorkeling equipment.
Sorry about the reminiscing, couldn't help myself. 😁

Jav
Night_Vampire (19 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
Such a creepy story and I agree with lakota. I got bliss to know that after cleansing your house you got peace 😊

Night_Vampire
Lakota73 (5 stories) (108 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-31)
If the haunting really bothered you then I'm pleased your cleansing worked. Hope the miner found peace on the other side.

Such a fascinating story. Enjoyed reading your experience.

Lakota73

😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: