You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mischevous Happenings

Real Ghost Stories

Mischevous Happenings

 

I believe I had had paranormal or unexplainable experiences since I was a child.

One of my earliest memories is of when I was around 5. (I know I was under the age of 6 because my dad still lived with us at the time)

It was a morning and I was walking along our landing heading to the stairs to join my family for breakfast. I specifically remember I was wearing my school uniform. I felt something grab me by the ribs, it felt quite sharp yet tickled at the same time, and I heard this weird giggle. I find it hard to describe the giggle, it was distorted and high pitched, yet didn't sound childish. I yelled out "DAD" angrily and turned around but no one was there. I quickly ran downstairs and my family were eating at the table, no one was upstairs. I told my mother about it, by this time I was crying and very frightened, and she told me I imagined it and calmed me down.

I often think about this experience and try to make sense of it, but I never can.

For the rest of my childhood into my teens, I never experienced any more touching (thankfully). I did feel something lay next to me on the bed when I was staying at my grandmother's. I had my back turned at the time but when I turned around the bed was empty and looked untouched.

These occurrences really frightened me. Whenever they happened my heart would pound and I needed someone to comfort me. Whatever it was wasn't welcome. I felt like I was being harassed, or perhaps that something enjoyed scaring me. I always ran.

However, in my late teens I was going through a really hard time. I had started to starve myself. I lived off an apple a day. This wasn't caused by the "events," it was more of an obsession with being thin. It got to the point where I could barely get out of bed. I would often just sleep for days and miss university. One night I was feeling particularly bad. I was laid in my bed on my side, with my eyes open and I was crying. It was probably the lowest point of my life.

I felt so miserable, hopeless and useless. I was having very dark thoughts. And then suddenly I felt a warming rush in my chest, a very calming and releasing feeling. I had one of my hands out of the covers leaning over the bed, and I felt something very warm and soft, gently clasp it. My dark thoughts disappeared and I suddenly started to get an overwhelming feeling of, "You're going to be okay". I felt that something was with me, and knew how I felt. I smiled and fell asleep, feeling safe.

This experience changed my outlook somewhat on these experiences. I became less timid and more intrigued. Things calmed down for many years and the rest of my teens were quite paranormal free.

In my earlier 20s (I'm 23 now) I met my current boyfriend and I started to regularly stay at his house. Often at night we could hear footsteps on the landing, although my boyfriend didn't seem phased and said that it had been happening for years and that he had become used to it.

One night when I was staying I suddenly woke up and sat bolt upright. I felt like someone else was in the room with us and wanted to communicate. I wasn't particularly frightened, but frustrated because I couldn't communicate. I really wanted to go into the hallway for reasons unknown to me, so I got up and walked into the hall. The feeling was the same, it was like the air was tingling, I felt a sensation in my chest. I sat down cross legged and stared into the blackness, hoping I could make sense of what was happening, but I had no luck.

The waking up thing became a regular occurrence, once a week at least. I told my boyfriend about it but he was cynical and dismissed it. My boyfriend decided that he wanted to move around the things in his room. This included the bed and a TV stand with a medium sized TV on it.

The following morning at around 5am, we were both woken by a very loud bang. On the floor was a large picture frame, which frighteningly the bed was previously under. We inspected the frame, it was attached to the wall by a string across hooked on a nail, but neither the nail nor the string had changed. The only way to get this picture off the wall, was to lift it.

We were really freaked out, but we decided to go back to sleep. We had had a late night and my boyfriend had college later on.

He had left, and at around 11am (I'm lazy, I know) I was woken by another bang, this one wasn't as loud. I looked around and another picture frame was on the floor. This one was previously perched on top of the TV. We discussed these events thoroughly, and we just kept going in circles, we couldn't explain it.

The footsteps in the hallway became more frequent, and we both started to feel uneasy in particular rooms of the house. The hallway, landing and kitchen had weird vibes, and we never liked to be alone in those areas.

There is one more experience that stands out to me. It was my last experience where I felt fear, and it was the first where I experienced visual phenomena.

Once again I was laying in bed, my boyfriend was at college. I was awoken by the bedroom door and my boyfriend came in. I was still half asleep so my yes were quite blurred. He got into bed with me, still fully clothed and climbed on top of me and started to kiss me. Then he sat up so he was kind of straddling me, and I opened my eyes properly to look at him. I screamed and sat bolt upright and he quickly disappeared. When I looked at him he had wide bright blue eyes (His eyes are hazel) and he had a very wide distorted smile on his face. This time I couldn't go back to sleep, I got dressed and spent the rest of the day texting my boyfriend to come home. I couldn't eat and it took me all day to calm down.

I am almost 100% certain this was not a nightmare; it was far too vivid.

Currently the house is calm and nothing has happened recently. Sometimes I get the feeling of being watched in the kitchen, but it's more startling than frightening.

I know this all probably sounds totally crazy but I promise I am not making this up. I am sharing my story because I would really like some insight and perhaps some explanation.

Thanks for reading,

Kel

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kelari, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
Hello Kelari, try Rook's method as he explained to you. It helps and I have suggested to many of my friends through this site and personally also. Be careful and be courageous. You weakness feeds the negative energies and entities. If possible, why don't you change the house. Well, as far as your other previous experiences are concerned, it could be just that you are sensitive. But shield yourself from any negative or malevolent entities through Rook's method. Share further experiences, if any.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-03)
Kelari,

This is the method that LakotaWinyan mentioned. Please ask any questions you may have.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Rook
Kelari (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-02)
Just remembered 2 other small experiences I had in my teens.

The first, I was alone in my family home. I heard the front door open and my 3 younger sisters chatting and laughing as they ran up the stairs. I opened my door to greet them, but no-one was there. The front door was still locked and there was no car in the drive.

The second, I woke up in the middle of the night and felt somewhat drawn to the hallway (this is in my family home again). I stood up, and I heard someone whisper my name. Now, this could've easily been one of my family playing games with me, but - I hate my name, and so I get people to call me a different version of it, even my family comply by this. The whisper in the hallway was my original, rarely used name.

My mother has always been very cynical of spirits, but I remember her telling me that once when she was cleaning the dishes (she has a window in front of her, overlooking the back garden) she saw my Step-Father walk across the window towards the shed. He is a TV/Games writer and he works from home, he has his own office in our house -and that's where he was at the time.
Kelari (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-02)
Hello everyone and thank you so much for reading my story and taking the time to reply.

[at] Sywren I am familiar with sleep paralysis, I used to suffer with it a lot when I was a teen, although I never had visions back then, just an overwhelming feeling of being crushed. I figured out that I could avoid SP by sleeping on my side, it only ever happened when I was on my back. Although I will not rule out the possibility that maybe this was a strong SP attack.

The first frame to fall off the wall was a painted picture of a motorbike. My boyfriend has loved motorbikes from being a child. The second picture was of my boyfriends young niece.

Now, I didn't want to mention this in my initial submission, I'll be honest and say I find it hard to share my experiences with people, and so I wanted to gauge what kind of reaction I got here. - A fortnight after the frames falling off the walls, my boyfriends dad suddenly passed away. He was 47, it was a brain hemorrhage and no-one had any idea he was ill. It was my boyfriend and I that found him too.

It did cross my mind that the activity was a warning, but the thing that concerned me was I felt the activity was rather hostile, but it DID stop for a long time after he passed away.

This time last year my boyfriends cousin commited suicide. The months before his death were quite activity heavy but not in the same way. This was more related to the kitchen. If I was ever down there alone, sometimes chills would go up my spine and I would feel something in the room with me. Again, after the death of his cousin it stopped for a while, but when his mother would visit us, I would feel it all over again in the kitchen. It started to get to a point where I would not go down there alone. I told my boyfriends mother about how the kitchen was making me feel, and she told me I needed to say out-loud to the kitchen, that I was frightened and I would like to be left alone. It seemed to help a lot, although sometimes I can still feel a twinge and a slight presence, but it seems to know to keep its distance.

In regards to the comments about bibles/crosses/spiritual leaders, you are correct in saying it would make me uncomfortable. This is because I was not raised with any sort of religious beliefs, and I would feel somewhat guilty asking for help from someone/thing I have contributed nothing to, saying this, I have always firmly believed in the light, and my loyalty is definitely with it, in my own little way.

Again, thanks so much for the responses, I will keep checking back here and will update if anything new happens.
sarah84 (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-02)
maybe when you moved the furnature around in the room it triggered something in the spirit and that is why the pictures fell off from the wall. Maybe it didn't like how the room was arranged.
Blessed be ❤
Sywren (29 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
Also just thought that maybe, along with the concept of sleep paralysis, whatever entity it was could have manifested to show itself to you in a sleep paralysis state?
Sywren (29 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
The last bit of this story reminded me of an episode of some ghost show I saw. There was a woman who was disturbed at night by the presence of a man - who had a seemingly strong contempt for her husband. Long story short, the entity was the husbands unborn twin brother. (Sounds mad, doesn't it.)

If we're talking ghosties here, one theory could be that the entity you saw mimicked the look of your boyfriend. You could have also been experiencing very strong sleep paralysis. Which is very much like an incredibly vivid nightmare. I have a close friend who's suffered with it for many years. Seeing a man in the middle of the night in her room, seeing her parents coming to her room but in the morning finding out it never happened. It all feels very real. You should look it up and see if it pertains to you at all.

My question is, what were the pictures of that fell to the floor in his room? Sometimes when such drastic events occur, they could be trying to tell you something.

All the best to you.
Lild0ggirl (3 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
Thanks for sharing, Kelari. I really enjoyed your story you wrote. Please keep us updated. I know the what the thing that looked like your boyfriend is. I can't really remember the name. Basically, if you run into a ghost that looks like you, bad luck. The weird thing is, I one time stopped eating and talking. My mom would force me to eat. I told her I didn't feel like eating because stuff was happening to me. It took me a month to eat again. Don't worry though. I keep a bible in my room and a cross. That might make you feel better. ❤
LakotaWinyan (2 stories) (63 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
If you are uncomfortable getting a spiritual leader of any faith you are comfortable with to come in and cleanse your home, try Rookdygin's cleansing. Look up his name, he has posted it once or twice.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: