You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Blood, Glass and Footsteps

Real Ghost Stories

Blood, Glass and Footsteps

 

I live with my two children, Amey aged 8 and Jamie aged 11. We've lived in our house for 7 years now, and there has been many ghostly encounters that we cannot explain. One night when my niece slept at our house, my niece and I was sat in the living room, while my two children were playing outside. We were talking when we were suddenly disrupted by loud footsteps running around upstairs across the bedrooms, when everyone was either outside or sat downstairs.

Three of us heard this running upstairs, which was obviously footsteps as we could hear them moving around, whatever it was that was making the noise was clearly running about.

The following week my mum came down to our house, and we were all sat near the kitchen, in the living room again, when suddenly the candle which was on the coffee table, flew across the room and shattered against the living room door. The candle was at the other side of the room. This really was unexplainable.

My mum then cleaned up the glass and it cut her hand.

I have many decorative fairies which often gets thrown across the room by, who knows?

Sometimes late at night you can hear someone playing marbles across the bedroom floor, while the children are asleep.

Often, if we are using the mirror, there is someone behind us, but when we turn around it has disappeared.

Now this is really unexplainable, one night last week my son slept at his grandma's, and my daughter and I watched a movie. Before we went to bed we checked to see that all doors were locked and everything turned off, including lights and the television, and we went to bed. The next morning my daughter woke me up complaining of being hungry, so I let her go downstairs and get a biscuit.

She went downstairs, and then about five minutes later she returned upstairs with her biscuit, saying "Mummy, mummy! There's a puddle of blood on the floor!"

I replied "Oh, don't be silly, it'll be juice or something..."

She then said, "No, it's not. It's on the living room floor!"

So I followed her downstairs and she pointed to what she saw. It was a puddle of blood from the kitchen door, with a very large bare footprint in the middle, with a trail leading to the rug. I couldn't believe my eyes! I was speechless, I didn't have a clue where it could have come from. The blood was still wet, it must have been fresh.

My little girl also talks to someone, but when I check to see who she's talking to, there's no one there. Could someone please help, as I would really like to know what's happening.

And, has anyone else had experiences like these?

Please reply asap.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Laur94, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Cdn_Tinkerbell (2 stories) (13 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
Hi Laur94,

I am interested in your story. I'm not sure if you still pop on here but I would love to hear how things are going in this home. Did the mediums come back? Whay happened?

Blessed Be

Jennifer
vatvprod (1 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-26)
Laur94, I am a TV producer working on a new series about true ghost stories. I'd like to talk to you about yours. Please contact me at vatvprod(at)lycos.com. Thanks. David
amberzak (1 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-04)
Hey. I was hoping you could help me. I have to take a true story as part of my media course and turn it into a script.

I was hoping to turn what has happened to you into my short script. I do intend to turn this script into a short film in the future. I also believe this story can be made feature legnth, so who knows.

I am at University studying Media Production, Creative Writing an English.

Please email me at amberzakfilms [at] yahoo.co.uk

Thank you
Naira (19 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-17)
Hi! I realise this post is quite old, but I was wandering if you've had any more encounters, or maybe can tell me what the mediums said on September?
Thanks!
My love be with all of you!
Nai.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-12)
Laur94 thank you for the update. I think you are doing the right thing by trying to help these trapped spirits to move on and be at rest. Sorry you had to have your vicar tell you it's all looney tunes, some can be quite insensitive at times, plus you have got to realize that they are taught that the paranormal doesn't exist and when strange things happen it is either in our mind or the devil or his demons done it. Please keep us informed as to the outcome of your next meeting with the mediums.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Laur94 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-10)
Hi everyone, I used your advice and had a vicar come to my house, and see what was going on.

I called the vicar, who blessed me and my children over the phone, and then he came to visit our house.

He did a prayer walk around the house, but the whole visit ended in him saying its all "looney tunes" and that it's all in the mind.

I was extremely annoyed as this was NOT in the mind at all!

😠

I then called a medium, and two mediums came to my house as I was still experiencing these ghostly encounters.

They were very kind, and I will tell you what they said,

as soon as they came to the front door, they said that it was unbelievably cold, ICE cold, and that she was getting negative vibes.

As soon as they stepped in, one of them turned a funny colour, she looked ill.

After a while, she then went burning hot, bright red and the sweat just poured right off her.

The man that had died in this house, was called Sol, he is not the spirit that is throwing things, etc.

As soon as they stepped in the house, they could feel the spirit of a little boy.

One of them then described this boy, about nine years old and had died in 1915, he was cursed by a gypsy after he was caught throwing stones at the horses, and then the gypsy cursed the land that my house was built on.

The marbles that we have been hearing, are actually stones that the little boy has been throwing, and like wise with the fairies and candle.

I also mentioned the time that I saw Jamie, my son, get up in the middle of the night and stand at the top of the stairs, but when I shouted "Jamie, go and get back in bed!" I then got up, because I saw him going down the stairs, but when I got up he was in his bed fast asleep.

Once I explained this to the medium, she said that this could have been an outer-body experience.


The mediums placed a candle in the living room, which would help the spirits "go to the light", as they repeatedly told them.

They said to my cat, "Lucky, go to the spirit... Go to the spirit" and my cat then went to this spirit, and stared at the wall where the mediums told me the spirit was.

I can tell when the spirits are here, I get goose-pimples and I go extremely cold.

I will keep you updated as much as I can, and when the mediums come back in September.

What do you all think?
Lexiluca (8 stories) (78 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-07)
Holy crap, girl. I wish you the best of luck in trying to figure this one out. I would definitely have a medium (or depending on your beliefs, a preist of some sort) to come to your home and ask these spirits to leave you alone - as for the puddle of blood in the middle of your kitchen floor could be extremely disturbing for your children as they are still quite young, and for yourself. That's terrifying. I wish you the best of luck with this, stay safe.
Dragonsoul (1 stories) (16 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-03)
Sup. The person that you daughter is talking to is probably talking to is a ghost in the house.(kids are more likely to see ghosts than adults.) Remember that even if your house isn't old, the land is so ghosts are still there... She could also be talking to her spirit guide although I don't think is possible to talk to them in that way... Maybe see a psychic or something. Ask about who is haunting/talking to your daughter. They will give you a name then look it up.(internet, books etc.)
good luck
-me

p.s. Psychics will say something weird like "go tell (name of ghost) to go away". 😊
Laur94 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-02)
All of your comments are very helpful, thankyou.

The thing is, you could be right.
An old man died in the living room before we moved in, could this be it?
But, the running and everything seemed like a child.

Do you think there could be anyone other than a priest, that could come and check out my house?
Like a medium or something?
Just to see what's actually happening here, ratehr than getting a preiest in straight away, as it could be something else.

Anyway, thankyou for your comments and keep reading back to this, because more stuff might happen!
And I would really like your help.

:)
purplequeen12 (2 stories) (69 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-01)
Hope everthing goes ok. Try to be clam it might be something fooling you 😠 You never know a person might want to scare you! Or it be a sign! 🤔
purplequeen12 (2 stories) (69 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-01)
Wow, that's quite a story alright. Yep, your house is defiently haunted. I suggest that you do a little research on the house. See what you can find... God bless! 😁
Marg (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-01)
Hello,
I read your story and maybe it would be a good idea to go to the local library and try to find some information or look into some old newspapers there. There could be some history about the past of your house.It's possible there was a murder or someone had took their own life. There has to be a explaination for the puddle of blood on your livingroom floor.
Good Luck!😁
CearysAwesome (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-01)
BLOOD! 😨 😨 😨 I would definately get your house blessed! That blood sounds scary very scary. I would be very careful. God bless.

Ceary
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-01)
Woah,blood?Never heard of that as a occurence! No not much of that. Only playful throwings by a little 6 year old boy.Anyways,get your house blessed, and whatever it is, it wants your atteoin!
Blessings to everyone,
Mikomi
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-31)
Very interesting Laur94. Did the trail of blood lead to anywhere particular? Did you have to clean it up or did it disappear on its own? Was anything damaged in your home or anything missing? Obviously I can't say for certain what has or hasn't occured in your home as I am not there to do a complete investigation. But as long as no one is being harmed by these spirits I would say you have nothing to worry about.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
GhostLuverrr90 (4 stories) (19 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-31)
Hey...I am Mandy... I never had such an experiance before but I did have my little cousins stuffed bear sit in the middle of the room and then we left and it was back on the shelf we were also home alone... Well all I can say is either there was a murder in your house in earlier years before you moved in and to explain the blood it sounds crazy but you could be replaying the scene of a murder or such that happened in your house... Try some research... Or if anything harming pops up call in your local preist to bless your house... It should help. God bless you and your family and good luck! 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: