You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Deployment Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Deployment Ghost

 

I've always had strange things happen to me. As a kid my toys would move and as an adult I have had strange things happen in my home to my husband and I. I never really paid much attention to it or thought about those things much. However, I've never had something so vivid happen to me as it did while deployed to Afghanistan in the Army.

The females have their own 2 man barracks rooms on the FOB I was at. There is a code to get into the building and no males on the FOB know the code. I was sleeping in my room when I distinctly heard two male voices in my room. I heard the first voice say "Is she sleeping?" and the other male voice said "well go wake her up." Thinking that my roommate must be getting a room inspection (I worked nights at the time) I just brushed it off as some male officers coming through to inspect the room, that has happened before. I kept my eyes closed to try to go back to sleep. Then I heard one of the male voices say "hey, wake up!" I didn't respond because I really didn't want to wake up. Then I was literally shaken awake and I heard the voice say "hey, wake up!" again. I turned right around and opened my eyes and no one was there. The room was still dark and my roommate was asleep in her bed.

I have no idea who was speaking or what shoved me awake but what ever it was pressed down on my body hard enough and shook me strongly enough for me to respond thinking it was a real human being. Anyone know what this might be? I've never been touched before by a ghost and even though it scared me for a breif moment I didn't feel like it was threatening.

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, armychick2012, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Audrone (13 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-01)
Hi Armychick - how do you know that no men know the code? They may not be told officially, but they have ways of finding out. No offense, but I wouldn't rule out a prank.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-05)
This is very curious. It doesn't sound like it could be residual. Whatever or whoever it was, I wonder why they were bent on waking you up?
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-05)
My first thought was that you were tire from your work and you may have been dreaming but you mentioned that you were awake.

My second thought was already mentioned here and is the residual haunting. As you might have guessed, there are a lot of things that happen in places like yours.

But MizMiMi02's comment got me thing about that.
armychick2012 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-05)
Cerberus7

The only feeling I had at the time was frustration because I just really wanted to go back to sleep. Then anger when I was shoved because I was being woken up. Then once I realized no one was there I was a little scared but then it went away and I went to sleep. I'm not understanding why you don't understand why I would be hearing American voices. It is possible that past soldiers could be haunting the FOB and as for the male voices the barracks I am in at the moment used to be male barracks. They converted them to female. There also is no possible way it was one of my friends playing a prank on me. The windows are barred with a spike from the inside and covered with a flat piece of wood. My door was also still locked, plus there is a number code for the door to the building that no male knows. There is also no way that even if they were pulling a prank that they could get in and out of my room that fast without me hearing the door... Mind you I was fully awake but with my eyes closed.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
I'm with MizMiMi in this instance. It seems they were trying to see if they would be noticed. Obviously they were.

Jav
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
I have found that sometimes it's "their" way of finding out who can see/hear them. It's not always the best way to go about it, but it's what they can do. I wouldn't give it a second thought.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
armychick: I can relate to your story because recently I had a very similar experience... I was awoken by someone who I thought was my husband very urgently telling me, "You need to wake up! So-and-so's wife just killed so-and-so" (I don't want to say the name)...I jerked my head up and said "WHAT?", only to realize my hubby was snoring away...

I think in your situation this may have been as jerryhend mentioned, a residual energy...It's possible the conditions were similar to those at the time of the original event...

Thank you for posting! 😊
Wiz (23 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
Hi armychick to hear male voices in an all female barracks must of been quite strange. Did anything happen, in or around the area immediately after being woken up? Could of perhaps been a warning of some kind. Thanks for sharing x wiz
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
armychick2012, this is quite interesting. In an army barracks meant for women, how did you hear the voice of men. Well, I feel that this is really a paranormal encounter. Very scary indeed. Well why don't you investigate about this to others, who have stayed there or your friends out there, whether they had any encounters or experiences like this.

Nice narration and thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Cerberus7 (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
That's really interesting.
I have had some pretty tactile dreams... By that I mean that I have been pretty sure I have felt things like being shoved/stabbed/shot among other things in dreams and it was really very real sensations... To the point I really had to look myself over or wonder if there had been someone around while I was sleeping that was moving me.
I don't know how much sleep you were getting if any at the time but I know that severe lack of solid sleep and high stress as military personal experience commonly can lead to some pretty strange hallucinations among other strange effects. So I wouldn't rule out the fact that it may have been just related to stress, overwork, and lack of sleep. I've been through that quite a bit myself.
But the weird thing I wonder about with this story is your in a foreign country and your hearing American... Or at least English speaking ghosts. That's the first place I'd be looking at this from... If it was a ghostly experience... What was trying to be communicated... By who?
You said that you didn't feel like it was threatening... What would make you think that?
Were the voices urgent? Like someone trying to help you in some way, trying to wake you up for a reason?
If I got shook awake by someone who turned out to be a no one I might be freaked out! Maybe even feel threatened! Unless the voice was familiar... Or I thought it to be friendly or helpful for some reason.
From what you said though it pretty much rules out it was some old Pakistani spirits that frequented the area. LOL
Do you maybe have any clues as to who might have been trying to contact you from the other side... Or why even?
Anything happen around the time of the encounter that you remember that may be linked to this event? Like maybe a reason being woke up just then might have helped you in any way? Or someone you know passing away within a short time of the event?
Immediately one of the thoughts that comes to my mind would be is this just a couple of guys from your company pulling a prank or dare of some sort? Don't get me wrong I believe in ghosts and believe for what ever reason it very well could have been paranormal in nature, but I also wouldn't put it past a couple of knuckle heads trying to do a covert ops mission into the female AO. Security measures and threats of severe punishment are not enough or even a thing to be relied upon when there are determined male soldiers with females anywhere within the immediate area. I'm sure you know all about that. LOL
No matter what there intentions may have been I wouldn't rule that out.
Did you ever talk to your roommate about it? That's another big question on the list for me.
One of the biggest things I have learned to do when examining weird experiences that don't add up is to ask myself what exactly was I feeling in the situation. Emotionally what were your feelings about this event? Any specific feeling really stick out?
I'm by far no expert on this stuff... Just thought I'd ask some of the burning questions that I'm sure you've already mulled over too many times. But these are the things my curious mind can come up with and I can't wait to hear what your response to them might be. After all no one else experienced it first hand like you did.
All I can do is ask the questions I wonder about from what was shared.
Thanks for sharing with us... And thank you for your service to your country... One fellow soldier to another.
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-03)
Hi, You felt a moment in time, I am ex militray 20 years and all that. Been there and done that. Ya, talk to me anytime you wish...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: